Oldest player on your team to ever hit a home run?

towelie444

Starting Player
My rec team has a guy in his 50s who was never a big power hitter, but a solid rec player. We were playing on a field with no fences and he hit a hard line drive to left. Left fielder was playing way in, assuming the old guy couldn't hit too far, and got burned hard. Unfortunately, there was a family hanging out in deep, deep left and as the our old guy was 2-3 steps from 3rd, a little kid picked up the ball and tossed it the fielder and the ump had to call a dead ball and award 3rd base. We argued old guy would've easily made it home, but it was probably the right call. Next batter hit a grounder to third, bobbled it and decided to through home. Old guy should've been out, but he slid and made it a play so the ump gave him the make up call (which is BS, but whatever). I wrote HR in the book. He deserved it.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
My father in his mid 50's when I was just out of high school around '86-'87 and played firemen's ball. He still played some ball in his seventies. Nothing like hitting a bomb but seeing your dad do it is pretty cool.

ming01

DMVWinning
You guys ever seen a 50 or 60 year old go 300 feet? (And in reg. league play, not senior leagues)

I'm in a USSSA league, have been for years and have yet to have see anybody over the age of 35 go yard.

Whats the oldest person you have seen hit a homer, give me an estimate on the age range.

Low 50s...

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
one of my best friends and bp partner is getting ready to turn 60,and can still hit them close to 400 ft using stock bats.....he used to play with howards back in the day...tim rhinehart is his name

Howard's had a great team, and Tim was one of the best hitters I ever saw in person..

rpw019

Addicted to Softballfans
I turned 35 this year and hit more bombs now then I did before, now more patient and wait for the right pitch to hit

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
My uncle used to hit them regularly hitting 5-6 in our lineup at 49 in ASA leagues. He got sick that winter and never got into senior ball, but wouldve been dangerous for him to swing senior bats

millerr427

You guys ever seen a 50 or 60 year old go 300 feet? (And in reg. league play, not senior leagues)

I'm in a USSSA league, have been for years and have yet to have see anybody over the age of 35 go yard.

Whats the oldest person you have seen hit a homer, give me an estimate on the age range.
I hit a few out at 75 years old. I did it at two SPA tournaments last week

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Funny how this post was started in 2015. Boy how much bats and balls have changed. I’m now 40, 5’ 7”, 165lbs and probably led the league in HRs this year. According to google maps, a couple were in the 350-370 range. Crazy how much working out and eating healthy can benefit life.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm gonna cut him slack for resurrecting and 8 year old thread bc it shows he know how to use the search function. He also drops bombs at 75 where most of us will be physically unable to even take the field at 75.

DirtBag215

I'm gonna cut him slack for resurrecting and 8 year old thread bc it shows he know how to use the search function. He also drops bombs at 75 where most of us will be physically unable to even take the field at 75.
True. In the last 15 years here, I’ve barely seen anybody use the search function. And I’ll be dead by 75

Fatboy07

The Veteran
Used to play with a guy prolly mid 50s, could hit the ball as far if not farther 9ththan the top 5 guys in league. Would always go 1/4 with a monster home run. Used to be a professional athlete of some kind though. (Lifting or football can't remember which).

Sweet question but see it quite a bit these days during league
Southeast Mi, Eddie is 67, goes yard on a reguler basis, there is a few other Seniors who go yard often, but Eddie is solid...see for yourself, Go to Rotary Park,Taylor Michigan, 10-12:00pm, most Fridaa

jhitman

I am 66 and hit several HR's over 300' with a regular USSSA bat. If you keep yourself fit, lift weights some to keep your strength and work on your swing, it's not that difficult. IMO

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I am 66 and hit several HR's over 300' with a regular USSSA bat. If you keep yourself fit, lift weights some to keep your strength and work on your swing, it's not that difficult. IMO
I'm almost 57 and I'll bet I average close to one homer a game.............And you're right. Getting in the gym and staying strong and fit is huge.

BruceinGa

always online
I'll be 74 the end of this month. At The Pic o Dixie senior tournament 2 weeks I hit two, both prob 340'.
As for utrip tournaments with utrip bat, I've hit several. Granted I was probably 64 years old. The bats were a Freak Plus and a Demarini Cartel.
My 75 team is playing inVegas in a couple of weeks. The first day we will be playing at Big League Dreams.....short fences!
Can't wait!

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I go yard regularly; in the 50s category

jhitman

I'm almost 57 and I'll bet I average close to one homer a game.............And you're right. Getting in the gym and staying strong and fit is huge.
Staying fit, strong and working on your swing are huge keys. I see a lot of senior players that just aren't fit or have had injuries. They relegated themselves to just being old and tend to try and punch base hits. It's sad to see as some were really good hitters in their heyday.

BruceinGa

always online
Staying fit, strong and working on your swing are huge keys. I see a lot of senior players that just aren't fit or have had injuries. They relegated themselves to just being old and tend to try and punch base hits. It's sad to see as some were really good hitters in their heyday.
I agree, one must stay active and on your game!

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm 49, 6'1 and 225 and by no means a professional anything. Just an old 20+ year slowpitch vet. I hit 27 out in limited league games and tournaments last year. Didn't play this summer tho, too busy with my 17 y.o. son's legion baseball games. Currently hitting bombs, in BP, with Monsta bats: 28oz Torch, 27oz og DNA, 26.5 Bounty Hunter, 25.5 Tiyospaye and DeMarini bats: 27oz J3 (x2), 30oz J3, 30oz J5, and one old school USSSA bat, 28oz DeMarini Stadium. Getting bats ready for next summer when my daughter will be back from college and son will be graduating high school and most likely want to play some slowpitch with dad and his sister, part time if he chooses to play Legion ball (currently playing HS fall baseball).

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the reason you don't see a lot of older guys hitting home runs is because they're smarter than us young folks. Haha They let us try to crush the ball all the time. But my dad is 58 and can still hit it out pretty easily with my psycho. Then laughs about how they used to use "real" bats back when he was young.
I'm 49 and was hitting bombs with my old 30oz DeMarini Doublewall Classic when the og Miken Freak was still in ASA. I can relate to his comment lmao 🤣

notrepidation

Not to toot my horn but I'm 50 and I'm usually the longest hitter on my teams. City and Aluminum only church league. I hit with an ASA 30 OZ Freak in my city league and with a Demarini Double Wall in the Aluminum league. I'm 6'1" 270 but as you know hitting the long ball is not about strength and size. It's all about hand / bat speed and launch angle. Anyway, I hit 350 routinely, although I do take a TON of BP and play a lot.

notrepidation

I'm 49, 6'1 and 225 and by no means a professional anything. Just an old 20+ year slowpitch vet. I hit 27 out in limited league games and tournaments last year. Didn't play this summer tho, too busy with my 17 y.o. son's legion baseball games. Currently hitting bombs, in BP, with Monsta bats: 28oz Torch, 27oz og DNA, 26.5 Bounty Hunter, 25.5 Tiyospaye and DeMarini bats: 27oz J3 (x2), 30oz J3, 30oz J5, and one old school USSSA bat, 28oz DeMarini Stadium. Getting bats ready for next summer when my daughter will be back from college and son will be graduating high school and most likely want to play some slowpitch with dad and his sister, part time if he chooses to play Legion ball (currently playing HS fall baseball).
Im 50 not 49.