Opinions on this play from COED this week?

Redsfan

Dude we had an outfielder with a pretty good arm that tried to throw out everyone. Finally broke him of the habit and surprisingly we give up a ton less runs per game now. Amazing.

D-ROCK13

That's the biggest problem I see with teams, everyone wants to play hero, and throw out people from the outfield. My team always pretends to advance on obvious no gos, just to get a wild throw and advance everyone :D We also scream cutoff or hold, ALOT, on defense

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Horrible baserunning is a chronic problem, especially in lower leagues. I see it all the time as an ump. You get idiotic guys who think they need another base on every hit. Many, many dudes get thrown out (by a lot) that way. We're not talking overly fast or athletic guys either.

They have no business stretching singles into doubles. Thing is, they don't learn from their mistakes. I see the same guys get thrown out again and again. Obviously in a tournament setting they'd put a stop to poor baserunning in a hurry. In league, no one seems to care. Its a badge of honor to try to swipe an extra bag and get thrown out.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
All the drama is for nothing. That giant bolt of lightning in centerfield ought to put an end to the game.

T Dot

Extra Hitter
COED rec league. Not going to say one way or another how it was ruled, or how it was handled. Just any initial thoughts or opinions?

Ruled? Runner is out - case closed.

Handled? It was a 2 handed tag with his arms out, which is exactly how you should tag. Hard enough where the ump will clearly see the contact. The catcher did not run at him, and didnt show any ill intent. Just a simple hard tag. Poor reaction by the runner. Good reaction by the catcher - showing NO NO NO the whole time and keeping the idiot at arms distance.

Runner is stupid. He is running full speed and has huge momentum. How in the world is the other person suppose to tag and hold their ground without getting run over? Runner should slide next time.

I tag people out like that in coed and mens league all the time. They have eaten the dirt as well. I apologized right away, but all I did was complete a hard 2 handed tag. I have given a hard 2 handed tag from behind during a run down, they ate the dirt too. Players who knew the game had zero issues with me. The people who didn't know the game b!tched like the player in the video.

I was in a run down before. During the run down I hit the brakes, quickly turned around and burst in the other direction. The first couple of steps were with my head down to generate my speed again. Which what normally happens with a player with any type of speed. Well, when I looked up I was greeted with a player that had zero sense and clearly was never in a run down (or thought they knew what they were doing). Clearly in my path, but I was already almost full speed. My shoulder met their face and I heard a huge crack. They went flying backwards and I kept running. I truly ran them over. He was much much bigger than me and his reaction was priceless. He was sooo angry and if I recall he had some choice words. I was safe and he was my the base path. I simply said, sorry but I didn't see you (which I didnt). I didn't feel the need to explain anything further and my apology should be enough. I had zero ill intent and felt that was enough. A few innings later I asked if he was alright. By then I believe someone explained to him what happened and what should have happened (aka where he should be in a run down). I LOL'ed that day and still LOL now. The guy was HUGE!