Pacwide 2015

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Any ballers the states coming to this year's PACWIDE in Yongsan? This is my first one and have heard they get a lot of talent here for this tournament.

Who is usually favored to win? I understand the .52/300 cor balls are not the norm and the true homerun hitters will be the only ones hitting them out, especially to centerfield.

Thoughts????

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Any ballers the states coming to this year's PACWIDE in Yongsan? This is my first one and have heard they get a lot of talent here for this tournament.

Who is usually favored to win? I understand the .52/300 cor balls are not the norm and the true homerun hitters will be the only ones hitting them out, especially to centerfield.

Thoughts????

We've got a few coming from the states on our team & I know the Guzzlers do, I'm sure there might be a couple of others coming as well. 52/300 will still go you just have to hit them right, we hit them on Oki all of the time and they are not a bad ball. You probably won't see as many HR's as in the past but the year I played in the PACWIDE we hit Macgregor X100s and teams were doing well to put up 15 runs. Our Legion team put 42 runs in 4 innings in the championship with the 52/300 this past weekend. See you Thursday cuz.

Bryan Hicks
Legion#7

Last edited:

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
We've got a few coming from the states on our team & I know the Guzzlers do, I'm sure there might be a couple of others coming as well. 52/300 will still go you just have to hit them right, we hit them on Oki all of the time and they are not a bad ball. You probably won't see as many HR's as in the past but the year I played in the PACWIDE we hit Macgregor X100s and teams were doing well to put up 15 runs. Our Legion team put 42 runs in 4 innings in the championship with the 52/300 this past weekend. See you Thursday cuz.

Bryan Hicks
Legion#7

B, you can't compare playing on the Kadena 4 Diamonds complex to playing on the Big Field at Yongsan...52/300's on that big ***** are gonna make it real obvious who the real hitters are. Good luck and have fun, gonna miss being there this year!

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
B, you can't compare playing on the Kadena 4 Diamonds complex to playing on the Big Field at Yongsan...52/300's on that big ***** are gonna make it real obvious who the real hitters are. Good luck and have fun, gonna miss being there this year!

I understand that CGT, especially with the big field but that ball will still go, not as frequently as in years past but it will still go. Yes we will find out who the real hitters are this weekend and its still better than hitting that damn macgregor X100.:eek: You know we are going to have fun and we'll miss you being there this year ole man.

Last edited:

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
How did hitting 52/300's go and who were the top 3 teams? Was this the last year being hosted in Seoul?

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
How did hitting 52/300's go and who were the top 3 teams? Was this the last year being hosted in Seoul?

The tournament will be in Yongsan again next year. There weren't as many HR's as in years past but there were still some long shots. I know on our team Bryce hit 2 out near the old score box in Center field on the big field, he led our team in HR's with 8. I don't think anyone scored over 30 runs in a game but I could be wrong. I know we beat the Guzzlers in round robin 27-7 & won another game 26-7 in double elim.

Men's Open:
Legion
Guzzlers
Shanghai
Pourhouse (old Club Red team)

Womens:
Korean team
Xtreme
Busan Korean team

Last edited:

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
Anything hit out to center field on that porch is a shot so shout out to Bryce for cutting those 52's out. Also congrats to Legion for winning PACWIDE this year. Did JTF, Scraps make it this year?

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Neither JTF nor Scraps were out there. Just to give y'all an idea 59 HR's were hit at last years Pacwide by Legion in 11 games & 43 were hit this year in 12 games. Yes HR's were down but I think everyone knew that going into the Pacwide but it wasn't as much of a base hitting contest as some thought it would be either. I think we only played 2 games on the smaller field and the other 10 games were on the big field.