People's descriptions of a used bats.

lakeyale13

Manager
Getting more and more frustrated with trying to buy a used bat (not here but on Ebay). It seems people do not understand the objective definition of words.

For example, I was looking at a 2019 DB 44 Juggy that was listed as "New". In the description it stated bat had around 200 hits on it. I messaged the gentleman asking if the bat was "New" (as it was listed) or if It really did have 200 hits on it like he described it. He stated the bat was "New" with 200 hits on it. He went on to say there is a difference between "New" (lightly used) and "Brand New" (never been used). I tried to reason with him that that is not what those words mean.

Next bat (different seller) was listed at Miken ASA Border Battle with 200 hits and described as "Mint". Then I read the description and there is webbing in the paint and some scratches. I then sent him the definition of "mint" from the dictionary which says "Mint: Like new...pristine condition" and asked him if that is how he would describe the bat or if there is webbing and scratches, how would he describe it other than mint.

Maybe I'm being a rigid stickler, but why can't people describe there stuff correctly!?

Normy

Why are you surprised? It's eBay. Better off buying on here if you want the truth about the bat being purchased. I've bought bats off eBay and only a few have been honest with the description.

Last edited:

lakeyale13

Manager
Why are you surprised? It's eBay. Better off buying on here if you want the truth about the bat being purchased. I've bought a few bats off eBay and only a few have been honest with the description.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I just get my mind blown by people who don't know the actual definition of words. I will start to look here for used stuff. I just have found incredible deals on the Bay than here. But maybe peace of mind is worth spending an extra $30-$50 bucks.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Getting more and more frustrated with trying to buy a used bat (not here but on Ebay). It seems people do not understand the objective definition of words.

For example, I was looking at a 2019 DB 44 Juggy that was listed as "New". In the description it stated bat had around 200 hits on it. I messaged the gentleman asking if the bat was "New" (as it was listed) or if It really did have 200 hits on it like he described it. He stated the bat was "New" with 200 hits on it. He went on to say there is a difference between "New" (lightly used) and "Brand New" (never been used). I tried to reason with him that that is not what those words mean.

Next bat (different seller) was listed at Miken ASA Border Battle with 200 hits and described as "Mint". Then I read the description and there is webbing in the paint and some scratches. I then sent him the definition of "mint" from the dictionary which says "Mint: Like new...pristine condition" and asked him if that is how he would describe the bat or if there is webbing and scratches, how would he describe it other than mint.

Maybe I'm being a rigid stickler, but why can't people describe there stuff correctly!?

The only bat you should ever buy on ebay is if it has a valid receipt.
There are exceptions (Old school Eastons) but many of those sellers are
Resellers who are selling for someone else
or
weekend warriors who do not have a clue

Many of the bats on ebay are WAY overpriced and they make sure they have the MAKE OFFER BUTTON on there,,,,
I have got some incredible deals on there but you have to be careful.
If the bat breaks within 30 days, paypal will more than likely refund your money.

Buying bats on SBF (Used or New)
is FAR more legit than ebay by a long shot.
I have had extremely good luck buying, selling and trading on here..
Never had any issues on SBF what so ever on here

Last edited:

lakeyale13

Manager
or

Many of the bats on ebay are WAY overpriced and they make sure they have the MAKE OFFER BUTTON on there,,,,
If the bat breaks within 30 days, paypal will more than likely refund your money.

I have had extremely good luck buying and selling on here..

Great advice my man! I would rather deal with Brothers on this site than potential schmucks on Ebay.

Here is also another reason to not purchase a bat on Ebay. I got a NIW DB 44 with receipt from an online retailer that everyone would know and is an authorized dealer, but they were selling the bats on Ebay. Interestingly, the warranty card on the bat said Demarini will NOT honor a warranty for a bat sold on Ebay. The receipt from the retailer says "Ebay" on the sale. I'm sure I could just make one, but a hassle nonetheless.

Party mafia

Great advice my man! I would rather deal with Brothers on this site than potential schmucks on Ebay.

Here is also another reason to not purchase a bat on Ebay. I got a NIW DB 44 with receipt from an online retailer that everyone would know and is an authorized dealer, but they were selling the bats on Ebay. Interestingly, the warranty card on the bat said Demarini will NOT honor a warranty for a bat sold on Ebay. The receipt from the retailer says "Ebay" on the sale. I'm sure I could just make one, but a hassle nonetheless.
So the 2018 db44 from that seller receipt is not valid for warranty?

tonys1

So if they're an authorized dealer but you purchased it on ebay, it's void? This is what their website says:

WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER

1. Bats subjected to misuse, abuse, or failure to observe care instructions (including, use in commercial batting cages);
  2. Damage other than the 3 conditions listed above (i.e., normal wear and tear / cosmetic damage);
  3. Bats subjected to unauthorized modification or alteration, including rolling, shaving or other means of “doctoring”;
  4. Bats purchased from unauthorized dealers (including, bats purchased through (i) auction sites such as eBay or Craigslist, (ii) unauthorized dealers selling via third party marketplaces such as Amazon Marketplace, or (iii) dealers selling altered or doctored bats); or,
  5. Bats with removed or defaced holograms or date codes.

Batalot

That doesn't say, the warranty is voided if you purchase through an authorized dealer, like SBF, just unauthorized dealers dealing through Ebay and such. I think people may think since Ebay has some protection, that it covers it, it doesn't.

lakeyale13

Manager
So if they're an authorized dealer but you purchased it on ebay, it's void? This is what their website says:

WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER

1. Bats subjected to misuse, abuse, or failure to observe care instructions (including, use in commercial batting cages);
  2. Damage other than the 3 conditions listed above (i.e., normal wear and tear / cosmetic damage);
  3. Bats subjected to unauthorized modification or alteration, including rolling, shaving or other means of “doctoring”;
  4. Bats purchased from unauthorized dealers (including, bats purchased through (i) auction sites such as eBay or Craigslist, (ii) unauthorized dealers selling via third party marketplaces such as Amazon Marketplace, or (iii) dealers selling altered or doctored bats); or,
  5. Bats with removed or defaced holograms or date codes.

That must have been my misreading of the warranty. I thought it read that warranty was voided if you purchased the bat via Ebay. Clearly you have shown that not to be the case...which i am glad! LOL

lakeyale13

Manager
or

I have had extremely good luck buying, selling and trading on here..

Just purchased a used bat tonight off the site! Bubba Club headed my way! HOLLA!!!

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Email the retailer and they'll send you a .pdf store receipt.