Price Check Picked up 3 OG Mikens, need some info on the Ultras

blakcherry329

No pics yet. I have them just too large for this forum. If I have time, I'll figure out how to post them, but I digress:)

Got a Freak 98 and 2 Ultra IIs. All 27oz. Great deal off of Craigslist.
The Freak is well used, which is good. has a serial# 7xxxxxxx w/2004 ASA stamp bubble sticker on the knob.

The one Ultra is a little beatup. Field rash, but nothing too bad. ASA2000 stamp, ser# 4153171, smooth endcap, flat M w/swoosh sticker on the knob.

The other Ultra is in pretty good condition, like it wasn't used too much I don't have much information, cuz I didn't take the grip off, as of yet, because the condition is so good.
This bat doesn't have any ASA stamp at all. The knob sticker isn't there, but the endcap has the M in the middle. very curious about this bat.

I know a price check without pics isn't really possible, really want some information about the bat without the stamps.

blakcherry329

Yeah I consulted that thread first. I can't find any info on an Ultra without stamps.
Another question...
Does taking the grip off affect the value?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I was going to mention the thread posted above but figured you had already looked into it. The only think that I gather from that thread is that perhaps the u2 you ask about is made in 2006 and or after. I'm not as versed in the old miken as I used to be so I may be way of in my assumption

blakcherry329

Yeah, I have the pics, just have to figure out how small to compress them. that's my assignment over the weekend.;)
I was all over that thread. LOL.
QQ-will removing the grip take away some of the value? If not, I'm going to take off the grip to get more info.

I'm going to keep the Freak 98. It feels like it's going to be almost Ultra II like in performance.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't see why removing the grip would effect the value. It is the only way to know exactly what you have and everyone that is/was looking for that info had to remove it. Although it may to someone add/subtract value, I'd say be careful removing it so that you can say you have the og grip if wanted.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
Yeah, I have the pics, just have to figure out how small to compress them. that's my assignment over the weekend.;)
I was all over that thread. LOL.
QQ-will removing the grip take away some of the value? If not, I'm going to take off the grip to get more info.

I'm going to keep the Freak 98. It feels like it's going to be almost Ultra II like in performance.
Just use imgur.com for your batpics.

blakcherry329

I forgot I had an imgur account from way back, thanks, arther

0vO7BoLl.jpg
WKlFx61l.jpg
PPZ78vFl.jpg

eV6Ffvfl.jpg
3Cx6i7xl.jpg
4bf098Ql.jpg

FYqnOJgl.jpg

Last edited:

blakcherry329

So it seems the one without Stamps is from Aug of 2006(8/01/06)
No weight that I can see, just a red band and a couple white lines.
SHB 36 are the initials.
wwk7REsl.jpg
bhCARuml.jpg
NmOak0zl.jpg

96packers

OG Titletown
So the ASA stamp should have another set of numbers. Should be like 6 numbers, possibly ending in 02 or 03, no letters.

Might have to get the tape stickum off

blakcherry329

Correction, Goo Gone. works great. lol
No extra numbers other than the ones posted above. No serial# at all
Looks like: SHB JG(maybe or a 6?)
8-21-06 is the date on there, fo sho.

blakcherry329

So, I was thinking $150 w/stamps and $175 w/o stamps, shipped, on DaBay.
If anyone on here wants them, I'll give the usual SBF discount. lol
Is that ok?

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Those prices are too low for that place considering you have some (rare hard to find bats) price should easily be double what you're thinking 😆, and typical shipping charge on there is usually$40/$50 🙄

blakcherry329

what's the weight and numbers on the smooth endcap?
This is the info from the bat that is in really good shape(well both bats are in good shape, but one looks like it wasn't used much). Both bats are 27s.
Here is the info:
No extra numbers other than the ones posted above. No serial# at all
Looks like: SHB JG(maybe or a 6?)
8-21-06 is the date on there