Pitching Gear

Redsfan

I had around 100 AB's last year and didn't hit at the pitcher one time. It wasn't hard at all do. In the aluminum bat days I would hit up the middle when my exit speed might have been 70. Not any more with these scud launcher we hit with now. I almost decapitated a third baseman. If that was a pitcher who is way closer he might be dead. Batters just need to have some common sense.

klu

on the mound
If anyone would like info on the Schutt ST1 please feel free to PM me or visit my facebook page (in signature)

Attachments

• 55514071_357170374901553_6689023350016049152_n.jpg
    55514071_357170374901553_6689023350016049152_n.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 14

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
If anyone would like info on the Schutt ST1 please feel free to PM me or visit my facebook page (in signature)

I wear klus ****
He does awesome work would recommend

Attachments

• A0F93A1F-D7A5-4319-8CB5-2069B0C045B0.jpeg
    A0F93A1F-D7A5-4319-8CB5-2069B0C045B0.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: klu

hitsone

In senior ball a lot of leagues and tourneys require pitcher's to armour up. Some will let you sign a waver, some will suggest you use a pitching screen. I use the Combat mask, Evo shield chest protector, and wrist protector, Race
face knee/shin guards and under armour jock. Thinking I should have a helmet. Most of my injuries have been from balls I almost got my glove on eg hit my glove small finger richocheted and took my right thumb to the other side of my hand.
Take care. be alert, learn to back pedal.

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
In senior ball a lot of leagues and tourneys require pitcher's to armour up. Some will let you sign a waver, some will suggest you use a pitching screen. I use the Combat mask, Evo shield chest protector, and wrist protector, Race
face knee/shin guards and under armour jock. Thinking I should have a helmet. Most of my injuries have been from balls I almost got my glove on eg hit my glove small finger richocheted and took my right thumb to the other side of my hand.
Take care. be alert, learn to back pedal.

I posted how I took a ball off the wrist and broke it in this thread. Funny thing is, the inning before, the other team made a comment about me wearing a mask while I pitch. Like it was unnecessary. If I showed up looking like Darth Vader on the mound, I can imagine the comments.

milesej05

The Rookie
People still make comments about a pitcher wearing a mask? I thought that was over years ago. smh Ignorant.

I just recently started wearing a LAX mask instead of one of those wire masks and I have heard a few of the lower teams I play against in league make comments in the dugout about it. It doesn't bother me much, but when their pitcher comes out without shin guards or a mask and is playing up a division they soon understand why. If you play a 4 man infield and don't wear a mask in "upper" ball, you are playing with fire.

Country469

If you play anywhere and don't wear a mask you're playing with fire. actually more like you got herpes and are just waiting for an outbreak. ****ty hitters with good balls and bats can hurt folks too. I trust a good hitters hands and will fade and such. A ****ty league hitter, lol, ball can be 3 feet inside and come back up the gut. Personally a good cup and a LX mask were all I ever wore and prefered the mobility since I'm that kinda pitcher who moves all day.

Buy a god damn helmet and put your ego aside folks

basilray

I just recently started wearing a LAX mask instead of one of those wire masks and I have heard a few of the lower teams I play against in league make comments in the dugout about it. It doesn't bother me much, but when their pitcher comes out without shin guards or a mask and is playing up a division they soon understand why. If you play a 4 man infield and don't wear a mask in "upper" ball, you are playing with fire.

I started wearing an LAX a couple years ago as well, motivated primarily by having my first child. First night I showed up with it to my crappy co-ed league at the time, I pulled it out and said, "OK, here's the deal. I wear this now. Let's get the laughs out and move on." No one laughed, or cared. It was surprising. A couple of other teams actually thanked me for doing it, as they had been "thinking about doing the same".

This year, I'm pitching two nights a week, so I invested in a Schutt ST1 from Klu's. Played with it for the first time this week, and I'm pretty happy with it. It just feels a lot safer than the cheap Cascade I had been wearing, that I cut the bars on and had held together w/ zip ties because of a broken rivet.

milesej05

The Rookie
A ****ty league hitter, lol, ball can be 3 feet inside and come back up the gut.

Almost this exact scenario happened 3 weekend ago in league. This was 2 weeks after the fact

fAxjBcXh.jpg