Pitching Helmets

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup. Dumber and dumber as you get older as well.
Standards shouldn't be based on allowing me to pitch into my seventies, but common sense reaction times and injuries allowed should be considered. I play wsl and make plays with a 44/400 and then play gsl and have a classic m blow past me. It shouldn't take a doctorate in physics to know something is wrong.

The first stamps were in response to the titanium bats. If you had blue dots and tis at a local tourney and let people swing them they'd call them absolute crap compared to today's bats with a classic m.

fowlo24

Extra Hitter
In the words of the great Ron White. "Buy a helmet, put on the damn helmet"you-cant-fix-stupid.jpg

Attachments

• you-cant-fix-stupid.jpg
    you-cant-fix-stupid.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0

klu

on the mound
these are available now!!!

search Klu's Kustom Helmets on facebook!

Attachments

• 54432286_357547498305546_4930775107535634432_n.jpg
    54432286_357547498305546_4930775107535634432_n.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 53661812_355343028407676_8100078376296906752_n.jpg
    53661812_355343028407676_8100078376296906752_n.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 16

fishstix

When I starting pitching I didn't wear a mask or helmet. I watched our main pitcher get hit in the side. He had a few broken ribs because of it. Seeing this made me start wearing a Rip-it mask. I didn't think the Rip-it masked protected me enough. I have a Back Catcher's Mask now. It doesn't have the middle bar so I have a good field of vision. I like the catcher's mask because of the field head coverage. I think it is a bit heavy but it is easy to take off and put on. I don't want to take one to the front of the mask. I hope I would be fast enough to get my glove up or turn my head. I know this will not be the case in most situations. I have heard the ball whiz by me head several times. I was not able to get my glove up or turn my head. I haven't been hit yet but I know it will happen someday.

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
My mistake there, I assumed since it broke it was the mask. If the pitching helmet broke on a liner, thats bad bad bad PR there and tells me everything I need to hear there.

The Worth helmet has a sticker on it that says to discard and replace it after it gets hit.

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
I have one of the new Schutt ST1 helmets from Klu's Kustom Helmets. They are nice, but are heavy compared to my Cascade CPX-R lacrosse helmet. That being said, I feel more confident in the ST1 helmet than the Cascade lacrosse helmet, so I wear the Schutt. I like that I have a better field of vision than a lacrosse helmet without having to compromise the integrity of the cage by cutting out bars. I also have the Worth helmet, but I wear the Schutt because it protects more of my head.

And for those that will ask, the Schutt ST1 is stamped as being NOCSAE compliant.

Reactions: klu

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Worth helmet has a sticker on it that says to discard and replace it after it gets hit.
I **** you not, I saw a pick of someone near here who took the chin pad out of his worth helmet. I guess so his beard fit better. I don't want to see his face if he gets hit.

Pretty

Softball is cool
I **** you not, I saw a pick of someone near here who took the chin pad out of his worth helmet. I guess so his beard fit better. I don't want to see his face if he gets hit.

Maybe it was me. I had one about 3 years ago like that but I had issues seeing grounds with the pad whe looking down. After a few games I put it back on and sold it for a lax helmet.

Reactions: klu