Pitching to higher level players

N LA Hacker

Illuminati
I'mma walk to touch first after I smash the **** out of these "how to pitch to upper players" pitches y'all are trying to throw. I'm going to flip my bat in your direction so you know that you just got ****ted on.

huzzdog

retired
Wow, wish I had read this thread before I went to Huntsman Worlds.

While there I asked a Major pitcher for some advice. He said don't throw strikes. At his level everyone is too Macho to walk
thats a no... at the major level they will all walk. the 50th guy in the statistical category of walks per at bat last year walked 11% of the time. number 1 walked 29% of the time. 300 obp before he ever took a swing

Country469

4 seam cookies and hope they use up their homeruns...

I'll never understand why people think throwing the easiest pitch to hit is going to get good hitters to make a mistake. 100% the opposite. A cookie can be hit anywhere, and hard by a good hitter. Its the tougher locations that cause mistakes.

Chubby_43

I'll never understand why people think throwing the easiest pitch to hit is going to get good hitters to make a mistake. 100% the opposite. A cookie can be hit anywhere, and hard by a good hitter. Its the tougher locations that cause mistakes.
I am not trying fool them.. I am just trying to save my ass from getting smoked.. And if the hit solo's all day I am very happy..

Country469

Good hitters aren't hitting at a pitcher on purpose very often tho. And if so its probably deserved. Cuz at that level, if you hit it right at a pitcher, they catch it.

Chubby_43

Good hitters aren't hitting at a pitcher on purpose very often tho. And if so its probably deserved. Cuz at that level, if you hit it right at a pitcher, they catch it.
Sorry for being on this board with a Superstar... I guess you can.'t read very well.. He was talking about Upper Level League players.. Not Major players like you... Juliet Alpha... And Balls go up the middle no matter what level you play. Its part of the game... Always expect to get hit at.. Sorry for breathing the same air as you..

Country469

Sorry for being on this board with a Superstar... I guess you can.'t read very well.. He was talking about Upper Level League players.. Not Major players like you... Juliet Alpha... And Balls go up the middle no matter what level you play. Its part of the game... Always expect to get hit at.. Sorry for breathing the same air as you..

Country469

Jealousy aint a good look. Maybe hit the gym, take some bp, and after 20 years maybe you coulda moved up some.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
and don't throw curve balls. Upper level players, E and above, will sit on a curve and smash it.
Did you just classify E as upper level??? Ignore what this dude just said. If you want to be good at pitching to actual upper players you will need a knuckleball and/or the ability to change the speed, height and distance from which you throw. I've hit against purcell, mooch, faron and a bunch of the best pitchers and they work hard and never throw the same pitch twice. Purcell throws a ball that you will swear absolutely can't make it to the plate, yet it does every time. I believe it's because he flips his wrist when throwing as opposed to just letting it roll of his finger tips. An they throw curves as well, but it has to be at the right time. I saw a ball at the smokies vs sma**** a couple years ago that looked like it was going to hit me that dropped in. You can't throw a curve against the wind, but if you throw it with it, it can break a foot at least. Hope that helps

N LA Hacker

Illuminati
Did you just classify E as upper level??? Ignore what this dude just said. If you want to be good at pitching to actual upper players you will need a knuckleball and/or the ability to change the speed, height and distance from which you throw. I've hit against purcell, mooch, faron and a bunch of the best pitchers and they work hard and never throw the same pitch twice. Purcell throws a ball that you will swear absolutely can't make it to the plate, yet it does every time. I believe it's because he flips his wrist when throwing as opposed to just letting it roll of his finger tips. An they throw curves as well, but it has to be at the right time. I saw a ball at the smokies vs sma**** a couple years ago that looked like it was going to hit me that dropped in. You can't throw a curve against the wind, but if you throw it with it, it can break a foot at least. Hope that helps
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ you are dense.

Country469

LMAO..You seen me play? Good on you.. Another internet superstar types his way into the history books..

I simply corrected you. You were wrong about the pitching thing. This whole try to come at me because you were wrong is some ***** made ****. And the whole "you seen me play" is more ***** made **** after you tried coming at me. You're acting like a little ***** again. But yeah, I can't read and there is a real thing called "upper level league players" ****ing idiot

Chubby_43

I simply corrected you. You were wrong about the pitching thing. This whole try to come at me because you were wrong is some ***** made ****. And the whole "you seen me play" is more ***** made **** after you tried coming at me. You're acting like a little ***** again. But yeah, I can't read and there is a real thing called "upper level league players" ****ing idiot
No Bro.. You decided to act like the BIG MAN on the BOARD and not read his post to begin with. But you took it upon yourself to insert your superior skills and so called knowledge, and decided I had no clue what I was talking about. Well good on you for being that guy. I am sure you sleep well at night, by showing off your enormous knowledge of the game. Remember a pat on the back is a few inches above a kick in the ass.. Thanks for the education on how stupid you are..

Country469

Look man, I get it. You're frustrated I'm better and you've played for 20 years and are still some rec chump. I tried to teach you about the game but clearly you're too butthurt to take advice and jealous has taken over. Sorry bro, but you should log off and quit softball already.

Country469

Also who the **** reads an entire thread every time through, jesus this fat ass just figure out the internet?

Chubby_43

Look man, I get it. You're frustrated I'm better and you've played for 20 years and are still some rec chump. I tried to teach you about the game but clearly you're too butthurt to take advice and jealous has taken over. Sorry bro, but you should log off and quit softball already.
And get it right 26 years of playing ball..

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i seent Mooch get drilled square in the back before. you miss approximately 100% of the balls you're not facing