Policy on fraudulent claims

LOUSLUGGER

To Louisville Slugger softball bat customers:

Louisville Slugger® prides itself on providing outstanding customer service. Our company’s reputation for service is second to none.

Louisville Slugger is also known for having the most liberal warranty return policy in the bat industry. However, because of unscrupulous attempts to defraud our company through illegitimate return claims, several years ago it became necessary for Louisville Slugger to implement additional checks and balances to verify the validity of each claim.

When a softball bat is returned to the Louisville Slugger warranty returns department as defective our representatives call the store noted in the claim to verify that the receipt is legitimate, accurate and relates to the product being returned under warranty. If the receipt in question is valid proof of purchase our customer service department is more than happy to assist the customer who filed the claim and work to resolve those issues. However, if the receipt is falsified in some fashion our customer service representatives are instructed to turn those claims over to our legal department for possible prosecution. We have prosecuted and will in the future when warranted.

In addition, our technical staff cuts in half all slow pitch bats that are returned to see if they have been rolled, shaved, loaded or altered in some way. Any claim involving a bat determined to have been altered is also turned over to our legal department. Alteration of bats voids the warranty and these bats are not returned to the customer but become part of our company’s evaluation of a possible case against a fraudulent claim.

Certainly, fraudulent claims are the exception rather than the rule but they do occur. So we want to be very clear. Louisville Slugger’s customer service department is always more than happy to assist any customer who has valid proof of purchase and who has not altered their bat. We will do everything reasonably possible to ensure that customers with legitimate complaints are satisfied.

Sincerely,

Louisville Slugger®
Customer Service

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.

Louisville Slugger® prides itself on providing outstanding customer service. Our company’s reputation for service is second to none.

Louisville Slugger is also known for having the most liberal warranty return policy in the bat industry. However, because of unscrupulous attempts to defraud our company through illegitimate return claims, several years ago it became necessary for Louisville Slugger to implement additional checks and balances to verify the validity of each claim.

When a softball bat is returned to the Louisville Slugger warranty returns department as defective our representatives call the store noted in the claim to verify that the receipt is legitimate, accurate and relates to the product being returned under warranty. If the receipt in question is valid proof of purchase our customer service department is more than happy to assist the customer who filed the claim and work to resolve those issues. However, if the receipt is falsified in some fashion our customer service representatives are instructed to turn those claims over to our legal department for possible prosecution. We have prosecuted and will in the future when warranted.

In addition, our technical staff cuts in half all slow pitch bats that are returned to see if they have been rolled, shaved, loaded or altered in some way. Any claim involving a bat determined to have been altered is also turned over to our legal department. Alteration of bats voids the warranty and these bats are not returned to the customer but become part of our company’s evaluation of a possible case against a fraudulent claim.

Certainly, fraudulent claims are the exception rather than the rule but they do occur. So we want to be very clear. Louisville Slugger’s customer service department is always more than happy to assist any customer who has valid proof of purchase and who has not altered their bat. We will do everything reasonably possible to ensure that customers with legitimate complaints are satisfied.

Sincerely,

Louisville Slugger®
Customer Service
Why not just start selling non-returnable bats? You realize that WE are the customer? Not YOU! Worth and Easton probably except some receipts that they know are not legit receipts. They realize that WE(the customer) pay our hard earned money to buy a bat that's returnable. So even if the bat might be a couple months past the year long return limit they go ahead and send out a bat(that probably cost the company $50 or less to make). They realize doing so will increase the chance of that PAYING CUSTOMER buying another bat from them. I will NEVER and I mean never buy a new LS bat. Have a nice day.

c1ty5tar

I Win

Sincerely,

Louisville Slugger®
Customer Service

dont listen to this newb. this is his first post even.

come on here spitting that bull****. where do newbs get off these days?

c1ty5tar

I Win
i can also tell you i will never, ever buy a LS product. and i will tell anyone i know thinking about getting one about another brand just so they dont buy one too.

tboysen00

Gives Free Haircuts
they ****ed me out of a bat. legit bat and receipt. worst company ever. its happend to a few guys and weve all posted on mnsoftball.com and none of MN or the upper midwest well ever buy a ls product again. rot in hell you piece of **** company.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
tell us how you really feel :)

queersville sucker, i hope you rot in hell because all your **** sucks and only molesters work there and they smell of b.o.

davis2001r6

4 The Fallen - Europe
Hey not every LS bat sucked. There was the yellow and the green catty, you never had to worry about them because they never broke either. Re-make those and you'll be back in business.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I think it's fine that you came on here and posted your policies, just make sure they are followed properly.

That said LS does need to step it up if they want to make a good softball bat that is durable again like the Catty. My Catty broke because it was altered and they guy ****ed it up when it went down the hill. LMK if you want me to saw it in half and send it back to you.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND

Sincerely,

Louisville Slugger®
Customer Service

friend request sent. lmk

tboysen00

Gives Free Haircuts
I think it's fine that you came on here and posted your policies, just make sure they are followed properly.

That said LS does need to step it up if they want to make a good softball bat that is durable again like the Catty. My Catty broke because it was altered and they guy ****ed it up when it went down the hill. LMK if you want me to saw it in half and send it back to you.

**** some one stick a 5 swing broken nexus up there ass. ls you ruin peoples lives. ls, go **** yourself.

jweeks08

Addicted to Softballfans
I hope i dont have to go through this crap......I just sent in a green catty and i will be pissed if i get screwed also!

DroppinBombs11

Tx BBQ at it's finest
Just be prepared Jweeks. The list of those denied grows by the day. They got me for 2 Voltages today. Someone called and left me a message that they needed something or another to process my claim and as soon as I called back all I got from them was " your bats were altered and you will not get them back" . I questioned how this was supposedly determined and all I was told repeatedly is that I had to talk to their legal dept. I bought those bats brand new from SA and used em strictly for BP since they were so cheap, so I guess hitting 4000 balls with a bat is now altering it according to them.

Mike

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
Loved the Catty's but everything else was a waste of time... now that their CS sucks and they are screwing people over on their returns... I will never buy another of their bats... and I tell others not to as well. **** off LS hope your company sinks to the bottom... never **** on your customers to save a couple of bucks... word spreads and your reputation becomes garbage.

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
Not defending boys

The gentleman that started this thread is the customer service manager at Louisville Slugger. All he is trying to do is make the consumer aware of things at Louisville Slugger.

I think I remember reading in this thread about this and that about receipts. STOP making fake receipts then you won't get screwed. I get any where from 10-15 calls about fake receipts. There from all companies, not just one or so.

I'm not defending LS at all, just want you guys to be made aware of some of the things that I've noticed. Thanks

Jeff
teddersx6

Warlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Just be prepared Jweeks. The list of those denied grows by the day. They got me for 2 Voltages today. Someone called and left me a message that they needed something or another to process my claim and as soon as I called back all I got from them was " your bats were altered and you will not get them back" . I questioned how this was supposedly determined and all I was told repeatedly is that I had to talk to their legal dept. I bought those bats brand new from SA and used em strictly for BP since they were so cheap, so I guess hitting 4000 balls with a bat is now altering it according to them.

Mike

This is crap! Did they give you a direct line to their LEGAL DEPT?? Call and call again. Have pen and paper in hand. Document time called, who you spoke with and what was said.
If you bought new and all you did was hit softballs with it, get MAD and don't give up. If they are going to reject a valid return, it looks like they would care enough about someone who spent money on their product to at least explain. I will bet you right now that IF you do have a phone number for their legal dept that al you'll get is voice mail and will never get a return call.
I took some crap from them about a year ago. Sent in a busted green catty and I got the call. The guy said the store was closed and he could not verify the receipt. HUH?! So, the warranty is not good if bought from a store that goes out of business?

Call and ask for the following BY NAME, not by title:
James Sass - Director, Marketing
Marty Archer - Vice President & General Manager, Athletic Goods
Hillerich & Bradsby Co., Inc.
800 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202-2637
(800) 282-2287

Remain calm, state the facts and ask for assistance resolving the issue.