Policy on fraudulent claims

Rojo0416

Loved the Catty's but everything else was a waste of time... now that their CS sucks and they are screwing people over on their returns... I will never buy another of their bats... and I tell others not to as well. **** off LS hope your company sinks to the bottom... never **** on your customers to save a couple of bucks... word spreads and your reputation becomes garbage.

Ummmmm... my guess is that if the bottom falls out of the softball market, they could pretty much care less.

Warlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
damn what store is still selling them?

there's a Mom-n-Pop sporting goods store here that has 2 green Catty's. Actually they have an assortment of older stuff. I think they had 5 Worth EST XRED , etc. And they will have them a while as they still want MSRP.

jweeks08

Addicted to Softballfans
Just be prepared Jweeks. The list of those denied grows by the day. They got me for 2 Voltages today. Someone called and left me a message that they needed something or another to process my claim and as soon as I called back all I got from them was " your bats were altered and you will not get them back" . I questioned how this was supposedly determined and all I was told repeatedly is that I had to talk to their legal dept. I bought those bats brand new from SA and used em strictly for BP since they were so cheap, so I guess hitting 4000 balls with a bat is now altering it according to them.

Mike

Wow you guys were right........I just got a call from LS and they told me the same BS that my bat had been altered... I argued with him for a little bit but felt like i was getting nowhere so i guess im done with them for life! The sad thing is the bat hit like a turd from the day i bought it til the day it broke! Im DONE with them.

Warlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
alterred in what way?
Did you get a phone # for the next person you need to talk to in LEGAL? If not, see post #27

jweeks08

Addicted to Softballfans
The guy said he thinks the bat had been endloaded and shaved but yet he cant send me any pictures to prove and he cant send me my bat back either....This is so stupid... but yes he did give me a number to their IN HOUSE LAWYER that i will try to contact in the morning. I cant beleive their still in business.

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
there's a Mom-n-Pop sporting goods store here that has 2 green Catty's. Actually they have an assortment of older stuff. I think they had 5 Worth EST XRED , etc. And they will have them a while as they still want MSRP.

oic, those pups will sit

Warlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
I cant beleive their still in business.

well, it may be a sign that they will NOT be soon! Desperate companies only care about today. If they are about to fold, save money today by forsaking loyal customers and IF they survive, rebuild customer loyalty later. Based upon this, I'd sure be hesitant to by a Chrysler OR Louisville Slugger product now.

RetiredMan

The Rookie
Personally, I've never had a problem with LS. Then again, I've never altered any bats or forged any receipts either so that may be part of the reason. I've also never heard of anybody in my area having a problem with LS either.

LS is GTG, as some other posters said.

theoppohitter

The BRADY HOKE bunch
Personally, I've never had a problem with LS. Then again, I've never altered any bats or forged any receipts either so that may be part of the reason. I've also never heard of anybody in my area having a problem with LS either.

i gave my nexus to a buddy of mine with legit receipt cuz i don't want to deal with their cs. their company sux and i bet they will not be making anymore bats in 2 years cuz no one want their ****ty bats. the only thing that keeps them in business is baseball equipment and gloves but if their baseball cs is anything their softball cs then they won't last much longer. LS can EAD and GFthemselves

n8ss03

face it they dont care about softball. their market is baseball hands down. although considering we are grown adults who dont bat an eye at dropping a couple hundred for bats and not asking for one for christmas like a kid maybe they should

dazed11211

alright alright alright
i had a LS that broke in less than a week. sent it back, and got a NR in return. i'll never buy LS again.

Sharky

The Walking Injury
I don't even play softball anymore... but I just might start again just so I can NOT use a Louisville Slugger product. I've sent in a grand total of one bat for warranty return out of the literally hundreds I've used over the years. It was a Louisville Slugger. They sent me the wrong bat back 3 times. I finally gave up and stopped ever using a warranty claim on bats and just started trashing them.

I think a company that starts off with threats as part of their CS policy is a bit screwed up. You don't hear companies like Nordstrom, Walmart, Honda, Costco and others known for good customer service saying "feel free to use our product.... but if you look at us wrong we'll be suing you." What bastards. Screw you Louisville Slugger. I look forward to the day you morons go flat assed broke. If this is the best person they can come up with to handle their CS then no wonder they suck so bad. The bat designs are terrible, the marketing is absurd, and this kind of over the top threatening garbage on their first appearance on the board is just beyond laughable. I will not be recommending your product to anybody and I will make sure that all local teams know that if a problem happens with a bat it will come down to a discussion between them and LS legal department. Assclowns.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I tell you one thing, if I ever send in a ****ing bat to LS and they kept it and said it was altered they would be hearing from my legal dept. It's called stealing you bitches and deceptive practice. You better have some ****ing proof if you think you are going to keep my bat. And yes, I have a legal dept., she's called "mom" and she is a lawyer. ;)

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.

Every post that you have ever made has been butt kissing of Louisville Slugger's cheeks. I'm sure you don't work for them.:rolleyes:

tboysen00

Gives Free Haircuts

your crazy man. did you read the links I put on here?

tboysen00

Gives Free Haircuts
I don't even play softball anymore... but I just might start again just so I can NOT use a Louisville Slugger product. I've sent in a grand total of one bat for warranty return out of the literally hundreds I've used over the years. It was a Louisville Slugger. They sent me the wrong bat back 3 times. I finally gave up and stopped ever using a warranty claim on bats and just started trashing them.

I think a company that starts off with threats as part of their CS policy is a bit screwed up. You don't hear companies like Nordstrom, Walmart, Honda, Costco and others known for good customer service saying "feel free to use our product.... but if you look at us wrong we'll be suing you." What bastards. Screw you Louisville Slugger. I look forward to the day you morons go flat assed broke. If this is the best person they can come up with to handle their CS then no wonder they suck so bad. The bat designs are terrible, the marketing is absurd, and this kind of over the top threatening garbage on their first appearance on the board is just beyond laughable. I will not be recommending your product to anybody and I will make sure that all local teams know that if a problem happens with a bat it will come down to a discussion between them and LS legal department. Assclowns.

x 2 brotha

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I like where this thread is going.

49105main_popcorn.jpg

Warlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
.... and this kind of over the top threatening garbage on their first appearance on the board is just beyond laughable.

ding ding dign ! Obvioulsy the CS dept does NOT report to marketing because this is the PR faux pas of the century.

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
To Louisville Slugger softball bat customers:

Louisville Slugger® prides itself on providing outstanding customer service. Our company’s reputation for service is second to none.

Louisville Slugger is also known for having the most liberal warranty return policy in the bat industry. However, because of unscrupulous attempts to defraud our company through illegitimate return claims, several years ago it became necessary for Louisville Slugger to implement additional checks and balances to verify the validity of each claim.

When a softball bat is returned to the Louisville Slugger warranty returns department as defective our representatives call the store noted in the claim to verify that the receipt is legitimate, accurate and relates to the product being returned under warranty. If the receipt in question is valid proof of purchase our customer service department is more than happy to assist the customer who filed the claim and work to resolve those issues. However, if the receipt is falsified in some fashion our customer service representatives are instructed to turn those claims over to our legal department for possible prosecution. We have prosecuted and will in the future when warranted.

In addition, our technical staff cuts in half all slow pitch bats that are returned to see if they have been rolled, shaved, loaded or altered in some way. Any claim involving a bat determined to have been altered is also turned over to our legal department. Alteration of bats voids the warranty and these bats are not returned to the customer but become part of our company’s evaluation of a possible case against a fraudulent claim.

Certainly, fraudulent claims are the exception rather than the rule but they do occur. So we want to be very clear. Louisville Slugger’s customer service department is always more than happy to assist any customer who has valid proof of purchase and who has not altered their bat. We will do everything reasonably possible to ensure that customers with legitimate complaints are satisfied.

Sincerely,

Louisville Slugger®
Customer Service

I quit reading after the 1st sentence. What a ****ing joke. If you mention your company around a softball field people laugh. You pride yourself on your CS? I'd hate to see how sorry it would be if you tried to be ****s. Oh and by the way, you can't tell if a bat was rolled. Dumbasses.

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
I tell you one thing, if I ever send in a ****ing bat to LS and they kept it and said it was altered they would be hearing from my legal dept. It's called stealing you bitches and deceptive practice. You better have some ****ing proof if you think you are going to keep my bat. And yes, I have a legal dept., she's called "mom" and she is a lawyer. ;)

I'm telling my mommy!:eek:

only+hitter

Addicted to Softballfans
A friend of mine tried returning a bat to LS and was told his receipt was invalid, I saw the receipt and it was valid, still had two months left on the return. LS said they called to check the receipt and that it was not valid. They wouldn't say exactly why it was turned down. Just said it was checked and is not valid. Then preceded to tell him that if he was able to find another receipt for his catty that they would accept it. Now he's stuck trying to find a receipt for his asa green catty. And oh yeah, they kept the bat.

And then this guy gets on here promoting how good their return department is, thats a bunch of ****.