Policy on fraudulent claims

rayray21

BIG BLUE NATION
I live in Louisville and it's pretty sad when a company as well know and once well respected resorts to these tacktics. I will NEVER use a Louisville Slugger glove or bat again, and that is sad because I swore by their equipment in college. I think Louisville Slugger has forgotten that softball players are the parents of the very market that is keeping them a float (baseball/fastpitch softball). I won't be buying my kid any Louisville Slugger equipment either.

scoopmachine11

If u dont know,now u know
To Louisville Slugger softball bat customers:

Louisville Slugger® prides itself on providing outstanding customer service. Our company’s reputation for service is second to none.

Louisville Slugger is also known for having the most liberal warranty return policy in the bat industry. However, because of unscrupulous attempts to defraud our company through illegitimate return claims, several years ago it became necessary for Louisville Slugger to implement additional checks and balances to verify the validity of each claim.

When a softball bat is returned to the Louisville Slugger warranty returns department as defective our representatives call the store noted in the claim to verify that the receipt is legitimate, accurate and relates to the product being returned under warranty. If the receipt in question is valid proof of purchase our customer service department is more than happy to assist the customer who filed the claim and work to resolve those issues. However, if the receipt is falsified in some fashion our customer service representatives are instructed to turn those claims over to our legal department for possible prosecution. We have prosecuted and will in the future when warranted.

In addition, our technical staff cuts in half all slow pitch bats that are returned to see if they have been rolled, shaved, loaded or altered in some way. Any claim involving a bat determined to have been altered is also turned over to our legal department. Alteration of bats voids the warranty and these bats are not returned to the customer but become part of our company’s evaluation of a possible case against a fraudulent claim.

Certainly, fraudulent claims are the exception rather than the rule but they do occur. So we want to be very clear. Louisville Slugger’s customer service department is always more than happy to assist any customer who has valid proof of purchase and who has not altered their bat. We will do everything reasonably possible to ensure that customers with legitimate complaints are satisfied.

Sincerely,

Louisville Slugger®
Customer Service

GREAT ADVERTISING!!!!!!!

now instead of selling 8 bats this year, you guys will probably only sell 2 or 3. good luck.:D

Rich4863

Combat Ho
LS, your company brought this on yourselves

You produce bats that are hotter then the standards allowed & you got caught because someone got hurt with your equipment.

Now you're forced to cut corners so you disallow returns to valid customers of your products.

When your company goes bankrupt, all you need do is check the messages boards (Internet gossip spreads fast) to find out why.

Its your own fault. And Ive never returned a LS bat before either, so I have no bias.

st.pauly

retired utility player

Louisville Slugger® prides itself on providing outstanding customer service. Our company’s reputation for service is second to none.

Louisville Slugger is also known for having the most liberal warranty return policy in the bat industry. However, because of unscrupulous attempts to defraud our company through illegitimate return claims, several years ago it became necessary for Louisville Slugger to implement additional checks and balances to verify the validity of each claim.

When a softball bat is returned to the Louisville Slugger warranty returns department as defective our representatives call the store noted in the claim to verify that the receipt is legitimate, accurate and relates to the product being returned under warranty. If the receipt in question is valid proof of purchase our customer service department is more than happy to assist the customer who filed the claim and work to resolve those issues. However, if the receipt is falsified in some fashion our customer service representatives are instructed to turn those claims over to our legal department for possible prosecution. We have prosecuted and will in the future when warranted.

In addition, our technical staff cuts in half all slow pitch bats that are returned to see if they have been rolled, shaved, loaded or altered in some way. Any claim involving a bat determined to have been altered is also turned over to our legal department. Alteration of bats voids the warranty and these bats are not returned to the customer but become part of our company’s evaluation of a possible case against a fraudulent claim.

Certainly, fraudulent claims are the exception rather than the rule but they do occur. So we want to be very clear. Louisville Slugger’s customer service department is always more than happy to assist any customer who has valid proof of purchase and who has not altered their bat. We will do everything reasonably possible to ensure that customers with legitimate complaints are satisfied.

Sincerely,

Louisville Slugger®
Customer Service

cow_dung_pie_crap_pooh_delivery.jpg

have a nice day...

Down+Hard

Addicted to Softballfans
The gentleman that started this thread is the customer service manager at Louisville Slugger. All he is trying to do is make the consumer aware of things at Louisville Slugger.

I think I remember reading in this thread about this and that about receipts. STOP making fake receipts then you won't get screwed. I get any where from 10-15 calls about fake receipts. There from all companies, not just one or so.

I'm not defending LS at all, just want you guys to be made aware of some of the things that I've noticed. Thanks

Jeff
teddersx6

I like to use the word "asshat" instead of gentleman. What a tool this guy is for posting that on here. He should have saved some time and just said "I'm the customer service manager at LS, do not buy our bats anymore because our company sucks." That is basically what has been accomplished.

Has anyone that was denied a return taken this any further yet or heard anything else?

Four Bagger

We can re-build him...
I'm honestly going to start searching for a good deal on a Nexus or Voltage or whatever the fug is the name of the crap-ass bats they are selling these days. I'll get a valid receipt from an auth dealer. Then I'm going to bp that beotch until it breaks. (15-20 minutes) I am absolutely DYING for them to pull that crap with me.

sdm24

You stay classy San Diego

Sincerely,

Louisville Slugger®
Customer Service[/QUOTE

Aren't returns figured into the price of a new bat? If so why don't they just lower there price and not have a warranty on there bats? I think it would be a better business move than to ruin your softball division by pissing off your customer base. Why should they be upset at the customer when they no long can build a competitive bat without making it structurally unstable?

hittingbombs

Banned User
"Aren't returns figured into the price of a new bat? If so why don't they just lower there price and not have a warranty on there bats? I think it would be a better business move than to ruin your softball division by pissing off your customer base. Why should they be upset at the customer when they no long can build a competitive bat without making it structurally unstable?"

Yes they are figured in, and why would they ever make a no return bat when they can get more money for essentially a no return bat:mad:

BigCat24

The Juggernaut #24
Sending in a totally legit bat, with a totally legit reciept... and being told it's been altered and you aren't getting anything back is not gtg. LS customer service has some issues!

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
they're ****ing horrible.

LS,

Again, go fornicate yourself with a rough stick.

I sincerely ****ed your mothers,
herts9

wahooman63

My Future Middle Shooter
Anyone know if this is legit or is thins someone ****ing around?

I know their CS has issues but woult they really come here and post?

mstg25

**OG Horsemen**
In addition, our technical staff cuts in half all slow pitch bats that are returned to see if they have been rolled, shaved, loaded or altered in some way. Any claim involving a bat determined to have been altered is also turned over to our legal department. Alteration of bats voids the warranty and these bats are not returned to the customer but become part of our company’s evaluation of a possible case against a fraudulent claim

Sorry LS, but I call BS!! What are the tell-tale signs a bat has been rolled vs. just lots of BP? Not that I worry, haven't purchased a piece of your cr@p since you sent back my TOTALLY LEGIT dented up gold XXL TPS, saying my claim was invalid and trying to charge me return shipping charges for shipping back my dented bat to me.

eric89074

Addicted to Softballfans
You produce bats that are hotter then the standards allowed & you got caught because someone got hurt with your

When did this happen? This is disappointing to hear since LS was the **** back when I was a young pup playing hardball. I hardly see anyone use LS products any more.

chandlerbing

Extra Hitter
When did this happen? This is disappointing to hear since LS was the **** back when I was a young pup playing hardball. I hardly see anyone use LS products any more.

I believe they are talking about baseball bats NOT softball. Lord knows they aren't referring to any of LS recent slowpitch bats! LOL!

bigdaddy14

Star Player
since none of these guys above are going to do business with LS again does that mean I can get some really good discounts on new bats!!!I like the one JC Phelleps swings!!

pimpske

Addicted to Softballfans
I didnt want to believe the stuff i head about their poor customer service.Then my slugger cracked have a valid receipt,bat has not been altered in ANY way,returned it and guess what.HARD EARNED MONEY DOWN THA DRAIN.FN LS

CHOOLY_#14

Addicted to Softballfans
Why not just start selling non-returnable bats? You realize that WE are the customer? Not YOU! Worth and Easton probably except some receipts that they know are not legit receipts. They realize that WE(the customer) pay our hard earned money to buy a bat that's returnable. So even if the bat might be a couple months past the year long return limit they go ahead and send out a bat(that probably cost the company $50 or less to make). They realize doing so will increase the chance of that PAYING CUSTOMER buying another bat from them. I will NEVER and I mean never buy a new LS bat. Have a nice day.

i second this statement. sounds like miken too. if you are not looking out for the long-term satisfaction of a repeating customer, or if you arent willing to work with somone in good faith who has lost a reciept then i will not buy your product. COMBAT is truly the #1 company to CS and even people who chose to swing other bats will still admit to that. period. LS is a joke and its comical just to see you claim that LS is "second to none"...LMAO. more like second to none for 'WORST' service. have a nice day

spindler27

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got one maybe two sb105s that I have valid receipts for that are on the way out, once they snap, I'm taking pictures of it, specifically the walls, down by the taper and the endcap from the inside, that way they can't say it was endloaded, I'll report back when they break!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
I just sent back 3 rolled LS bats with fake receipts. got the new bats today, thanks a bunch and nice job.

nike17

Rec - talent but I play D
This is why I do not like LS:

Condition before BP:

IMG_1100.jpg

20 SWINGS LATER:mad: (Once it cracked figured we would just "finish it" :eek: )

CrackedFP71C.jpg

Last edited: