PopToss Batting Tees pitch 12 inch softball to you from 20 to 25 feet on a 10 foot ar

calvin1095

Part Time Player
Hi,
I am a user of PopToss batting tees. I have watched this company and have used their PopToss Green Slow Pitch batting tee for some number of years. It's really a 12 inch softball tossing device which can be used for batting practice without the need for a pitcher and is non-electric and non-battery. Recently, they have hit the jack pot with their NEW, NEW updated Slow Pitch tossing device. It tosses the 12 inch softball on an unbelievable adjustable high or low arc and you can get 20 to 25 feet in lateral tossing distance. It's can be easily adjusted to toss a lower toss of the 12 inch softball, so you can practice in your garage during the Winter months. Many softballers have been using PopToss Batting tees for years, but this edition has the tossing power customers have been patiently waiting on. website: www.poptoss.com ..... By the way, they have a lifetime warranty on parts, so you have PopToss 'for life'. Pat and Cal

ShowMeUrCNT

Part Time Player
From all I can tell, it's just a plastic tube with a spring in it selling for $155. And I need to go buy a 7 gallon bucket to use as well.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
is that what it's selling for now!?

I mean I enjoy mine, it makes solo BP interesting, but I've never gotten anywhere close to the advertised height or distance(let alone both at the same time), and I wouldn't pay anywhere near 155USD for it. I'm pretty sure I bought mine for around 80bux

cmo27

Local Celebrity
If you're not moving enough product, double the price. Seems like a legit business move.

Dogue

Evil Genius
First post is an ad? Let me guess, your business?

Domain Name: 21STCENTURYBATTINGTEES.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.directnic.com
Registrar URL: http://www.directnic.com
Updated Date: 2013-12-10T17:11:28+00:00
Creation Date: 2004-03-10T09:09:37+00:00
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-03-10T08:09:37+00:00
Registrar: DNC Holdings, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 291
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8668569598
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: renewPeriod
Registrant Name: Calvin Mims
Registrant Organization: Calvin Mims

Last edited:

tjohnston

Addicted to Softballfans
purchased and used one for two sessions.....due to the close distance that it is set up, it through my timing off during the actual game pitching distance. May work for some so if any interest would sell.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I will stay with my Wheeler Dealer. I don't have to keep loading one ball at a time. Spend more time loading balls than hitting.

calvin1095

Part Time Player
Response to the Posts REGARDING PopToss Batting tees

Hi,
Wow. I didn't expect the negativity it appears which was generated by the Wheeler Dealer crowd. First, let's look at videos of the two 12 inch softball tossing devices:
(1) Wheeler Dealer states that it tosses 12 inch softballs for Slow Pitch softball players. My challenge is this: view both products and please give feedback on which device will better provide batting practice for slow pitch softball players ???

(1) Here's the youtube of Wheeler Dealer
[ame]http://youtu.be/R0td294j_DE[/ame]
You can find this video on youtube by typing in the following in the search box: hitting BP with the Wheeler Dealer ... remember is uses batteries/electricity and does not toss the ball from out-in-front of the hitter.

(2) Ok, now for PopToss Green Slow Pitch batting tee which is actually a 12 inch softball tossing device which uses no batteries, no electricity. It can be located out-in-front of the hitter to PITCH LIKE A REAL PITCHER. The NEWEST version tosses longer and higher and can be easily adjusted either way. It has a mechanical timer, so the user can set the timing for 10 seconds (recommended), or whatever time interval you require to set up to hit. Below is the youtube video you can get by typing Pop Toss batting tees in the search box.
[ame]http://youtu.be/XPnsJeGNA_g[/ame]

In summary, PopToss batting tees is a green product which helps the environment; it's weighs 5 lbs and can be taken anywhere to hit; it can be protected from a batting ball by a 5 gallon paint bucket from your local hardware store which costs $3 bucks; uses no batteries or electricity; the launched 12 or 10 inch softball looks like it comes out a REAL PITCHER'S hand; one great hitting skill which can be learned using PopToss batting tees is the following: PULL THE INSIDE PITCH, and HIT THE OUTSIDE PITCH TO THE OPPOSITE FIELD; this can't done using Wheeler Dealer because it tosses the 12 inch softball only from the side of the hitter. The Black PopToss batting tees launches league baseballs and Girls Fast Pitch softballs on a line 6 to 12 feet from out in front of the hitter, so the same skill can be learned and practiced. I personally have no dog in the hunt here; I love the product. I emailed the owners and was told the price is $139.00 +shipping which is a slight increase in the old price of $127.00
One final request please: if there is another non battery, non electric 12 inch softball tossing device out there, please let me know?? I will drop PopToss in a minute, and by-the-way, PopToss parts are guaranteed for life. Thanks, Cal

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Hi,
Wow. I didn't expect the negativity it appears which was generated by the Wheeler Dealer crowd. First, let's look at videos of the two 12 inch softball tossing devices:
(1) Wheeler Dealer states that it tosses 12 inch softballs for Slow Pitch softball players. My challenge is this: view both products and please give feedback on which device will better provide batting practice for slow pitch softball players ???

(1) Here's the youtube of Wheeler Dealer
http://youtu.be/R0td294j_DE
You can find this video on youtube by typing in the following in the search box: hitting BP with the Wheeler Dealer ... remember is uses batteries/electricity and does not toss the ball from out-in-front of the hitter.

(2) Ok, now for PopToss Green Slow Pitch batting tee which is actually a 12 inch softball tossing device which uses no batteries, no electricity. It can be located out-in-front of the hitter to PITCH LIKE A REAL PITCHER. The NEWEST version tosses longer and higher and can be easily adjusted either way. It has a mechanical timer, so the user can set the timing for 10 seconds (recommended), or whatever time interval you require to set up to hit. Below is the youtube video you can get by typing Pop Toss batting tees in the search box.
http://youtu.be/XPnsJeGNA_g

In summary, PopToss batting tees is a green product which helps the environment; it's weighs 5 lbs and can be taken anywhere to hit; it can be protected from a batting ball by a 5 gallon paint bucket from your local hardware store which costs $3 bucks; uses no batteries or electricity; the launched 12 or 10 inch softball looks like it comes out a REAL PITCHER'S hand; one great hitting skill which can be learned using PopToss batting tees is the following: PULL THE INSIDE PITCH, and HIT THE OUTSIDE PITCH TO THE OPPOSITE FIELD; this can't done using Wheeler Dealer because it tosses the 12 inch softball only from the side of the hitter. The Black PopToss batting tees launches league baseballs and Girls Fast Pitch softballs on a line 6 to 12 feet from out in front of the hitter, so the same skill can be learned and practiced. I personally have no dog in the hunt here; I love the product. I emailed the owners and was told the price is $139.00 +shipping which is a slight increase in the old price of $127.00
One final request please: if there is another non battery, non electric 12 inch softball tossing device out there, please let me know?? I will drop PopToss in a minute, and by-the-way, PopToss parts are guaranteed for life. Thanks, Cal

One thing wrong with this. My Wheeler Dealer is set up in front of me in line with the pitchers mound approximately 2-4 feet in front of home plate (depending on balls used). This also gives the look of a life pitch coming in.

WDWinter_zps678ee2e1.jpg

I can also set it up for inside, outside pitches and I can go to RF and LF also.

If I really want height, 7' I can use 11" 44/525 balls but normally the 52/300 are pretty good, (Depending on Brand).

And I don't have to keep loading a ball after every swing. I can get set into a hitting stance and stay there for 14 swings.

The only question comes down is it worth the extra $200 to the person using it. I use it every day so for me it is worth it.

ShowMeUrCNT

Part Time Player
Hi,

(2) Ok, now for PopToss Green Slow Pitch batting tee which is actually a 12 inch softball tossing device which uses no batteries, no electricity. It can be located out-in-front of the hitter to PITCH LIKE A REAL PITCHER.

In summary, PopToss batting tees is a green product which helps the environment;

No pitcher is pitching 10 feet in front of me.

A couple of batteries is not going to kill the environment. However if you are concerned about the environment, the PopToss is made of PLASTIC and requires ADDITIONAL PLASTIC to protect it. The manufacturing of PLASTIC and ADDITIONAL PLASTIC is bad bad for the environment.

It's like comparing a musket to an AK47 or an abacus to Excel.

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
Oh ye of little faith, below are just a few comments to throw in the mix.

1) I have owned several different types of pitching machines. Every one I had cratered at one point or another. Since I live in Asia, warranty returns are a no-go. That, more than anything else, turned me away from using them again. Plus ALL of them suffer from similar timing issues related to the distance, height, arc and velocity of the pitched ball.
2) I own multiple pop toss machines. I like it the best out of all the different models for various reasons (which are very subjective).
3) I don't care if you buy one or not.
4) Please see my post which covers a number of topics related to the pop toss and how you could use one efficiently. http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1275263&highlight=poptoss&page=2.

5) AND MOST IMPORTANT - Calvin1095, please feel free to hit me up with some swag for mentioning your gear in non-negative terms.

Now where's the JagerBombs????

Vec18

Just read that post. Really well done. I need to figure out the trash barrel/ pop toss green tee system.