Poptoss side effect.

dunkky

so far only negative side effect i have experienced is not timing, nor inconsistency of the device.

I am so damn confident at the plate, i am eagered and felt for those bad pitches. Inside balls looks so juicy, i open my front leg and tried to pull the hell out of it. I ended up with foul out, fly out... but when the pitch is in strike zone, so far i've been crushing them with line drives...

So, i need to relax and don't fall for those inside pitches...

Those who are having timing issue doesn't click my brain. it's under thrown and your timing triggers from your eye coordination based on the location of the ball. Don't understand how it can mess up the timing. Also, during BP, a lot of people throw juicy balls from the shorter distance.

So, if you are having timing issue, i think the root cause is somewhere else. Identify that and work on it would make you better hitter. Just my opinion.

dunkky

that is so true. I think i've studied and analyzed this softball swing a way too much. But realized its really simple mechanic. I think it all started with this understanding of hip rotation. there's not much to change from baseball swing, everything is same except you swing more level than uppercut.. if you use your hip right, extension has to happened.

dunkky

I agree, Batting tee is great for muscle memory. but it's lacking D most import aspect of hitting. no timing variable, no moving ball variable. One way or another, it has to be be mixed up with live pitches... Tee alone will not cut it based on my experience unless you play a lot of games like some dudes.. i know several people who plays 3 times per week including weekly touney. lol. Their league games are their BP session.

I only play maybe one week and 2 or 3 tourneys a whole year.. lol I need live pitch to be effective..

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Tee alone will not cut it
That's the point - You shouldn't eliminate it from your practices but it shouldn't be the only thing - The Pop Toss provides some of the benefits of the Tee (you can use it without others, you can control where it tosses) and some as with the live pitching (sorta a similar arc and the ball is moving). But each of those along with live pitching will give you a more rounded approach to developing the proper swing, perspective of stance to the ball, timing for solid contact, placement on the field, etc. Each can be helpful in ways the others can't. Don't eliminate any of those options.

%%%