Pro Ms in Viera (continued observations)

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
They allowed 1 team cooler with water and ice. We took advantage of that in Military and C. If teams didn't, that was just poor planning on their part.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They allowed 1 team cooler with water and ice. We took advantage of that in Military and C. If teams didn't, that was just poor planning on their part.
You know how that goes though. Did they email you or just your coach? My coach usually doesn't even know how many bats were can have tested. Hell, my coach still keeps our game balls in the back of his truck all summer long.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
You know how that goes though. Did they email you or just your coach? My coach usually doesn't even know how many bats were can have tested. Hell, my coach still keeps our game balls in the back of his truck all summer long.

Went over at coaches meeting and included a colored band for the cooler in the coaches packet that was given at check-in.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Went over at coaches meeting and included a colored band for the cooler in the coaches packet that was given at check-in.
Were lineup cards included in that packet? Some teams had them, some didn't. Some umpires I was told were demanding them, others like myself didn't care. I really hope they do go back to having the water coolers in the dugouts.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Were lineup cards included in that packet? Some teams had them, some didn't. Some umpires I was told were demanding them, others like myself didn't care. I really hope they do go back to having the water coolers in the dugouts.

Yes we had lineup cards during the C weekend. Umpires didn't seem to want them, but made it easy to just give on to the opponent so they didn't need to slow things up by copying our book.

I can do without the coolers in the dugouts unless they figure a way to lock them from players doing disgusting things to them, e.g. dipping their towels in them.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Yes we had lineup cards during the C weekend. Umpires didn't seem to want them, but made it easy to just give on to the opponent so they didn't need to slow things up by copying our book.

I can do without the coolers in the dugouts unless they figure a way to lock them from players doing disgusting things to them, e.g. dipping their towels in them.

I never saw anything like that happen. If I did, someone would probably get thrashed right there in the dugout.

I liked having the water in the dugouts. I feel like they got rid of them as yet another in a long line of needless "covid precautions".

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

I never saw anything like that happen. If I did, someone would probably get thrashed right there in the dugout.

I liked having the water in the dugouts. I feel like they got rid of them as yet another in a long line of needless "covid precautions".

Hang out an the fields for a while and walk around.......then tell me you trust what you see. It definitely happens and I personally witnessed similar things multiple times. Opening the top for ANY reason is not acceptable. Like Mark Cuban.......I'M OUT!

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans

I agree they should be in a locked cage, I've never been there when they were there, so no idea what happened in the past.

I had a few teams tell me the lineup cards weren't in the packet when an opposing team would ask for it.

I believe there were either county or state requirements that they couldn't have the coolers at one point. Now I'm guessing it's more staffing related. I didn't see a whole lot people around the complex that could have taken care of them. I'm guessing that's the same reason there was no video, commentary or PA for D and E.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
Hang out an the fields for a while and walk around.......then tell me you trust what you see. It definitely happens and I personally witnessed similar things multiple times. Opening the top for ANY reason is not acceptable. Like Mark Cuban.......I'M OUT!

Whoever did that would totally need to be tea bagged that night by his team!

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
One POSITIVE thing I'll say about worlds this year is they had the umps running the scoreboards. Before, it was some douchey kids in the booth. Half the time they wouldn't put runs up, and the whole thing would get snarled.

Also, in 3 trips down there I didn't see any bad umping. In fact, I thought it was really good.