IMG_9942_zps58620c1b.jpg

IMG_9951_zps73a79901.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_8915_zpsf921d06d.jpg

IMG_5415_zps8977385c.jpg

Last edited:

Masada

Part Time Player
That poor 1786... looks loads better now but still rough.

She's definitely seen better days, the leather on the palm is absolutely shot. I picked it up for cheap, had been in a guys truck for ages, the lace was so brittle it broke multiple times while unlacing it. Only reason I paid the $20 for it that I did was because 1. It's an A2000, and 2. The glove wasn't petrified and it wasn't collapsed. It actually stands open like new when laying on its side with the new laces.

10nike

Addicted to Softballfans
I do a lot of work on my own gloves, but I don't have many before pics. Here is one that sold on here a while back.

cid_245_zps24b89d19.jpg

cid_121_zps087ce1ac.jpg

cid_600_zps98bea2f5.jpg

cid_528_zps0d959dfa.jpg

IMG_2526_zpsc989209b.jpg

IMG_2525_zps4bcf0d6a.jpg

IMG_2524_zpsf5107fcb.jpg

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
No kidding. It's amazing what a nice H will do Freddy ;)

Ummmm, looked better with the original web, but exeryone has there preferences.

H-web is a dirty word for me.
Glove still looks great, glad to see it back in a good home
F

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
Out of curiousity, what would it cost to have a restoration done to a glove?

I have a first base mitt that my uncle gave me when I was in 6th grade and i used it until I was in my late 20's. It is in rough shape since I was a kid and didnt take care of my stuff and to be honest I still dont know how to take care of gloves properly.

I doubt it is anything special as far as model, but it does have a ton of sentimental value to me since I was so close to my uncle.

Would it be worth putting the time and money in to?

Jen_16

Coach
Out of curiousity, what would it cost to have a restoration done to a glove?

I have a first base mitt that my uncle gave me when I was in 6th grade and i used it until I was in my late 20's. It is in rough shape since I was a kid and didnt take care of my stuff and to be honest I still dont know how to take care of gloves properly.

I doubt it is anything special as far as model, but it does have a ton of sentimental value to me since I was so close to my uncle.

Would it be worth putting the time and money in to?

Some guys on here do them at cost and shipping. It'll run run $30-50 depending on the person but its worth it if the glove is worth it to you. Even if not to use, just as a keepsake some find value in a nice restoration.

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
Some guys on here do them at cost and shipping. It'll run run $30-50 depending on the person but its worth it if the glove is worth it to you. Even if not to use, just as a keepsake some find value in a nice restoration.

Thanks for the reply. I think that is a very fair price for something like this and is about what I was quoted in PM from a memeber here. The glove is definetly worth more then that to me.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Thanks for the reply. I think that is a very fair price for something like this and is about what I was quoted in PM from a memeber here. The glove is definetly worth more then that to me.

Def worth it, remember a crappy new glove with cost you $40, so fix up that old one instead

F