PROS25 vs PROS26

defos

What's the difference between the Rawlings ProPreferred PROS25 and PROS26? I have a 26, and I'm watching a 25 on ebay. Both are 12.5" basket web fastbacks. The only differences that stand out are the PROS26 I have has a regular basket web and is camel and black, and the 25 I'm watching has a dual hinge basket web and is camel and brown.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I used to think that the PP code was:
15 = 11.5"
17 = 11.75"
20 = 12"
25 = 12.5"
27 = 12.75"

But this 12" is called a Pros25BFB
s-l1600.jpg

And this 26 is a 12.5"
s-l1600.jpg

The top one there looks like a Pro200 pattern while the bottom looks like a Pro502. Perhaps the Pros25 you are looking at is a 12.5" Pro200 while the Pro26 is a Pro502.

But other than that, I got nothing. Anyone else?

bigjbowski16

Addicted to Softballfans
The bottom one does seemed to have a bit of a curved pinky like a 504 and it's cousin the 502, but that may just be the angle of the pic and because the glove isn't as opened up.
The only thing that immediately comes to mind as the difference between the two numbers, 25 and 26 is the last digit possibly being an identification of the web type. But I don't think that's the case because H webs are always a "6". So basically...idk

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The bottom one does seemed to have a bit of a curved pinky like a 504 and it's cousin the 502, but that may just be the angle of the pic and because the glove isn't as opened up.
The only thing that immediately comes to mind as the difference between the two numbers, 25 and 26 is the last digit possibly being an identification of the web type. But I don't think that's the case because H webs are always a "6". So basically...idk
Plus, they are using the BFB to indicate "basket fast back". Odd that the dual hinge also got the BFB and not a DHFB.

defos

Interesting theories. In those photos, the PROS25 definitely has shorter fingers and is open wider. The 26 on the bottom is shaped like the one I have. I bought mine well used, and I just used it in a game last night for the first time. Before I started using the PROS27 Trapeze I now use most of the time, I used a Gold Glove Series GGP502-11C. It's a 12.5", but is shaped like the PROS25 above. I did remove much of the heel pad and the inserts, so maybe it opens wider than it would have had I left it alone. I have a pair of new GGP502s I'll take a look at to see how they're shaped. The GGP502 also has the dual hinge basket web. Different series, GG vs PP, so the differences and similarities might not mean much. I know the PRO502 HOH is a little different than the GGP502 - a little smaller for one thing.

Thanks for the input!