Proton Sports

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
It does sound like the same ole bs. Bats available now. Pay now bat will ship April/March xx. Lol!
Don't see anything about warranty/terms/conditions other than (we will replace it).. @$300/$350 a pop nah

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Yeah, WAAAYYYYY too expensive, and the whole company looks a little dodgy.

I know a guy who bought a Proton when they first came out a couple years ago, and it isn't anything special.

You can find plenty of $99 240s that will hit just as well.

basilray

I read that Carl licensed the fib tech to proton for what it's worth

Interesting, if they're using it. Carl has always said he would license it because he already had the next big thing coming.

But he's a business owner, what's he supposed to say?

Protectyaneck

I dont think they're repainted Monstas. Reps are saying its Proton's composite/shell, with Monsta's tech. So, maybe itll feel and perform different, maybe it wont.

Not paying 300 bucks to find out, unless i know their "guarantee" is rock solid.

DirtBag215

I dont think they're repainted Monstas. Reps are saying its Proton's composite/shell, with Monsta's tech. So, maybe itll feel and perform different, maybe it wont.

Not paying 300 bucks to find out, unless i know their "guarantee" is rock solid.
Been out of ASA/USA for a while and been looking at bats. Proton wants $350 for their new bat. Never have I paid that kind of money for a bat, even when the flex’s and extendeds the hot **** niw

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I think he's trying to find a way to bankroll production so when he releases a model he can actual release the model instead of needing x number of preorders before production starts. That's always been one of the biggest knocks on his business model. Would probably increase sales if he could pay for production first. I'm sure Proton is paying him a nice licensing fee.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ this,but it seems that proton is using the same preorder/prepay routine and your bat will ship whenever.

Logan44551

There's a rep code that knocks it down to 260ish. Still seems high to me. Most of the batts I have are from used market, and you can usually find.some pretty good deals on FB BST pages.