Pst Guide

Griffey15

Here is some useful information and if there are any questions or comments that I need to add please feel free to do so as I just did this quick at work!

This is the updated PST Guide that Twin00 posted for me so thought I would put it up front too!

PSTGuide.jpg

PSTGuidepics.jpg

Last edited:

Griffey15

I tried to enlarge and everything but its not letting me do it. If someone knows how or has the time get the spreadsheet on here I can email it to ya! :cool:

Griffey15

Email sent with excel spreadsheet! Wish I could just attach the excel spreadsheet on here!

Last edited:

Griffey15

Nope no need for me to copy and paste it in a post of my own.............looks good to me! Thought about doing this awhile back so now its out there for comments and refinement!!! Thanks for helping out! I dont know why I was so "technically" challenged to post that myself.......lol :)

Last edited:

Griffey15

The 2004 and 2005 Max's were balanced or maybe a slight endload feel to them. As far as I can tell, most bats in ASA will be close to balanced from here on out to meet the standard.

Ok Griffey... Riddle me this....

How come I can hit my R&B 27oz SS Recert.. but can't hit my Blue PST SS 27oz as well? They both have a small SS... and both are relatively the same in weight (26oz Recert is a little lighter, feels like a 27, where as the 27 Blue feels like a 28)

Any help would be appreciated..

Jon

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Great Job. The only one I would disagree with is the PST98. I just got mine yesterday and it definitly has an end load feel to it. In fact I am almost tempted to keep it because of that. I am going to check it out tomorrow but I think that it has a more end load feel than the 28 oz PST120 I sold to one of my teammates. I will compare them tomorrow when we play.

Griffey15

Jon_Sportsguy said:
Ok Griffey... Riddle me this....

How come I can hit my R&B 27oz SS Recert.. but can't hit my Blue PST SS 27oz as well? They both have a small SS... and both are relatively the same in weight (26oz Recert is a little lighter, feels like a 27, where as the 27 Blue feels like a 28)

Any help would be appreciated..

Jon

The PST is really a "feel" type bat. I have swung a couple 2004 XPST4 30oz LS and hit one REALLY well and the other not so good. Both had the same number of cuts and everything. I would do a balance point test and see if they are the same, if not then there is part of the answer but it could just be a mental thing too. PSTs will mess with your mind man!

Griffey15

MarlSrSoftball said:
Great Job. The only one I would disagree with is the PST98. I just got mine yesterday and it definitly has an end load feel to it. In fact I am almost tempted to keep it because of that. I am going to check it out tomorrow but I think that it has a more end load feel than the 28 oz PST120 I sold to one of my teammates. I will compare them tomorrow when we play.

Thanks Marl...........I was going to PM you about the PST98.........it was an assumption on my part that the PST98 would balanced due to the ASA standard and all but if it has slight endload then the spreadsheet can be modified! :)

Last edited:
Evil Jedi Mind Trick.... I see....

It is a little bit heavier so maybe I still need to adjust my swing... who knows...could have been a bad night

Jon

Griffey15

Jon_Sportsguy said:
Evil Jedi Mind Trick.... I see....

It is a little bit heavier so maybe I still need to adjust my swing... who knows...could have been a bad night

Jon

Just a little bit of weight difference can throw ya off. But could also just have been a bad night as you said. Dont give up! ;)

Griffey15

I just sent an updated version of the spreadsheet to mychaluva and he will update when he gets it. Added an area for what association each PST is legal in and adjusted the weighting on the PST98. Thanks to all! :D

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Griffey15 said:
Thanks Marl...........I was going to PM you about the PST98.........it was an assumption that it would balanced due to the ASA standard and all but if it has slight endload then it can be modified! :)

I will be curious when I compare them tomorrow. It did seem to have a definite end load to it.

kingkoala30

Addicted to Softballfans
well you know i would have to stick my nickels worth in,,, in 04 they are a few 27oz floating around that you didn't put on your list

Griffey15

kingkoala30 said:
well you know i would have to stick my nickels worth in,,, in 04 they are a few 27oz floating around that you didn't put on your list

Wow, I never heard of a XPST4 in 27oz that were stock anyway! I will add them though, thanks king!

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
All white or gray/white???

I thought it might be easier to follow the rows with the alternating gray/white, but I'd like to hear suggestions of ways to make it easiest to view.

mychaluva said:
All white or gray/white???

I thought it might be easier to follow the rows with the alternating gray/white, but I'd like to hear suggestions of ways to make it easiest to view.

Both are pretty straight forward

Jon

Griffey15

Great ideas to add pics mychal........I was going to suggest that. I may have a full length pic of my R&B somewhere, will look! :cool:

RB.bmp

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
I snagged one from a website and adjusted the size... hopefully it's still clear enough. Wanted to put all the bat pics in the same post as the spreadsheet, but there's a limit on how many images you can put in a post, and the R&B PST137 pic went past the limit so I had to separate those pics.

Last edited:
N

nafets

Wow fantastic job!

Here's a single pic of the PST's all in one file. It's about 64KB, which is pretty decent...

pst.jpg

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
That's great, thanks! I'll add it behind the spreadsheet and clear out the other post.

seanml11

The Whole Shabangabang
Griffey15 said:
I just sent an updated version of the spreadsheet to mychaluva and he will update when he gets it. Added an area for what association each PST is legal in and adjusted the weighting on the PST98. Thanks to all! :D

Kevin,

Why do I picture you having this info and pics posted on your ceiling right above your bed!? :D ;)