Purcell drilling Vitcak @ Windy City Major + Arguement

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Saw Purcell almost get smoked in the head the day before this, it happens, I can't believe He just started wearing a helmet.

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
If you're gonna pitch, you better wear some catchers gear against those men. I ain't doin it.

bndawgs

President-Elect
gary19 would have snapped him off.

and the video would have been better if there had been a bunch of guys hugging and yelling at each other.

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
This was on usssalive. It wasn't a grandstand person taking a video. The guy dropping the Fbombs was Vitcaks dad and Reyna.

For two innings before that Backman was drilling middle and this was a retaliation. It wasn't an accident.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ I honestly think it would be MORE civil to just have the brawl and mawl the guy that hit middle the first time instead of putting a non-offending pitcher's life at risk. If you intentionally hit middle on me when I'm not wearing a mask, you can bet I'm thinking about re-arranging your face. I had a pitcher hit middle on me the game before I bought my mask. I walked over to him on first base and said "Look at me. Do you want me to hit a ball at you? I'm slow, and this is dangerous. If you or your guys hit middle at me again not only will hit middle at you during the game, it won't stop at that" he said "sorry it won't happen again". Now if I'm pitching you can bet it's a league game and it's not a serious league, and everyone knows I'm not infield material. Additionally, now that I have the mask on, I largely don't mind all that much. Nonetheless, intentionally hitting middle with today's bats and balls is only a hair away from assault with a deadly weapon. I will not hit middle on a pitcher unless he hit middle on me and made it known that it was on purpose.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ I honestly think it would be MORE civil to just have the brawl and mawl the guy that hit middle the first time instead of putting a non-offending pitcher's life at risk. If you intentionally hit middle on me when I'm not wearing a mask, you can bet I'm thinking about re-arranging your face. I had a pitcher hit middle on me the game before I bought my mask. I walked over to him on first base and said "Look at me. Do you want me to hit a ball at you? I'm slow, and this is dangerous. If you or your guys hit middle at me again not only will hit middle at you during the game, it won't stop at that" he said "sorry it won't happen again". Now if I'm pitching you can bet it's a league game and it's not a serious league, and everyone knows I'm not infield material. Additionally, now that I have the mask on, I largely don't mind all that much. Nonetheless, intentionally hitting middle with today's bats and balls is only a hair away from assault with a deadly weapon. I will not hit middle on a pitcher unless he hit middle on me and made it known that it was on purpose.

Wow... Incredible narcissistic attitude mixed with ignorance and testosterone.

You get mad when someone hits middle bc YOU ARENT WEARING A MASK? That's a choice you made. Like they should stop bc you made the choice to pitch without a mask? You admit you are slow but you still pitch? Unreal man. Get over yourself dude. Lol at the guy and team you "threatened". Most have been a ****ty leauge night team bc if you ran that trap to anyone with half a sack on them or a decent team then you would have invited a whole mess of trouble you obviously didn't want or can handle.

In my mind you are just as bad and guilty of being a prick when you say things like that back to a team. You aren't helping when you say stuff like that. You only make things worse

Hiltz

Built for comfort
If you intentionally hit middle on me when I'm not wearing a mask, you can bet I'm thinking about re-arranging your face. I had a pitcher hit middle on me the game before I bought my mask. I walked over to him on first base and said "Look at me. Do you want me to hit a ball at you? I'm slow, and this is dangerous. If you or your guys hit middle at me again not only will hit middle at you during the game, it won't stop at that"

After one guy hit middle on you? After you chose to pitch without a mask? After you admit that you're too slow to be on the the infield, yet you're playing the position closest to the batter?

I've seen a whole lot of stupid on this forum, but never this much packed into one post.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow... Incredible narcissistic attitude mixed with ignorance and testosterone.

You get mad when someone hits middle bc YOU ARENT WEARING A MASK? That's a choice you made. Like they should stop bc you made the choice to pitch without a mask? You admit you are slow but you still pitch? Unreal man. Get over yourself dude. Lol at the guy and team you "threatened". Most have been a ****ty leauge night team bc if you ran that trap to anyone with half a sack on them or a decent team then you would have invited a whole mess of trouble you obviously didn't want or can handle.

In my mind you are just as bad and guilty of being a prick when you say things like that back to a team. You aren't helping when you say stuff like that. You only make things worse

That was before I got a mask. I always wear one now. If I'm pitching, it's in low level league ball. No one should be intentionally endangering someone though. Yes, it was a crappy league night team, and yes we could have handled ourselves if it turned into a fight.

dcz3

After one guy hit middle on you? After you chose to pitch without a mask? After you admit that you're too slow to be on the the infield, yet you're playing the position closest to the batter?

I've seen a whole lot of stupid on this forum, but never this much packed into one post.

His username is "Muscles" not "Brains"

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans

It was the lowest level league in my city where a bunch of guys were trying to avoid all the tourney ballers. No one else wanted to pitch so I agreed assuming that at that level, it wouldn't really happen much. We ended up playing a team that was sandbagging and they figured since I was slow to react they would just keep doing it. I had been hit at at least ten times before the pitcher hit at me.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
It was the lowest level league in my city where a bunch of guys were trying to avoid all the tourney ballers. No one else wanted to pitch so I agreed assuming that at that level, it wouldn't really happen much. We ended up playing a team that was sandbagging and they figured since I was slow to react they would just keep doing it. I had been hit at at least ten times before the pitcher hit at me.

Its in lower level leagues where you have to be ready more than most

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Its in lower level leagues where you have to be ready more than most

Well I learned that. Now I wear a mask, and while I don't particularly want to get hit, I don't fear my life, I field better because feeling safer spares a few milliseconds of deer in the headlights, and I expect people to test a guy with a mask on. I still say it's flat out dirty to hit middle on purpose at a guy without a mask, especially in a low league with guys out to have fun, and I never did unless it was the pitcher that hit at me. It's isn't right to take it out on a pitcher when someone else is the one that hit middle. I realize it's part of the game now, but I'm guessing the pitching distance was set when they were hitting cork balls with wooden bats. At least U-trip changed to allowing throws from behind the rubber.

blakcherry329

If you have that kind of attitude, you shouldn't be pitching. So a team should totally disregard the middle of the field because a pitcher chooses to NOT wear a mask??? Middle is part of the field.

BTW, Being big and strong doesn't guarantee you won't take an ass whuppin'. ijs

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
If you have that kind of attitude, you shouldn't be pitching. So a team should totally disregard the middle of the field because a pitcher chooses to NOT wear a mask??? Middle is part of the field.

BTW, Being big and strong doesn't guarantee you won't take an ass whuppin'. ijs

I know darn well that I shouldn't be pitching for multiple reasons, and in any serious game I won't. I have four different guys that pitch for me, but sometimes none of them are available I'll pitch if it's a game in a league where I expect less serious competition. I'm sorry, but in church league ball and E league ball you really shouldn't be hitting middle on purpose. Those levels were never intended to be super serious, and nine out of ten games in those leagues are not. It's a bunch of BS sandbaggers that have ruined it because of E Worlds. E shouldn't go to Worlds because it just leads to sandbagging. I greatly prefer to play at a higher level and stay in the outfield. I bought my mask after the game in question, and I don't mind it so much anymore, but if you know you could kill a guy by hitting middle it's not on him for not wearing a mask, especially if you know he's a little slow to react and it's not a tourny or the two best teams going at it. These guys kept talking about going to Vegas and were literally just practicing their middle shots on a non-pitcher that agreed to pitch because we entered a pretty rough team in the lowest league possible. If it had been a tourny, I wouldn't have pitched, although now that I wear a mask it wouldn't bother me as much. Again, if you intentionally put a guy at risk, why wouldn't you expect retaliation? That's why benches clear and arguments occur. Every one there knows that it was inappropriate on some level.

I'll pitch if it's a game in a league where I expect less serious competition. I'm sorry, but in church league ball and E league ball you really shouldn't be hitting middle on purpose. Those levels were never intended to be super serious, and nine out of ten games in those leagues are not. It's a bunch of BS sandbaggers that have ruined it because of E Worlds.

I think what people are trying to say is that at the lower leagues people can't control where they put the ball as much and it's more likely that you'll get drilled pitching at the lower leagues.

Marp09

Manager
Same thing happened at choo choo classic here. Except bachman started it with middle shot to Purcell 1 hop off his face mask hard. but Collins then blew up middle about 4 other at bats and no F's were given that night.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here

hA52C0FFB1.gif

jhitman

When did it go in affect that the middle is not part of the game? Personally, I don't try to hit the middle, but that's why we wear gloves and are instructed in little league once you pitch the ball get in good fielding position.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I think what people are trying to say is that at the lower leagues people can't control where they put the ball as much and it's more likely that you'll get drilled pitching at the lower leagues.

I've never been mad at a guy that accidentally hit middle, showed concern for my well being and apologized. Most legitimate lower level players don't hit hard enough to worry me all that much anyway, although there are some that do. The situation in question was shot after shot at me followed by laughing. When the pitcher did it, I asked if he wanted me hitting at him, and suggested that if that wasn't enough, I go at him with more than a ball. They stopped hitting middle on me.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
When did it go in affect that the middle is not part of the game? Personally, I don't try to hit the middle, but that's why we wear gloves and are instructed in little league once you pitch the ball get in good fielding position.

I'm not saying it isn't, especially at upper levels, but the game wasn't designed when they were hitting rocks with rocket launchers. The game changed, and now pitcher is much more dangerous. When you're facing lower level pitchers, you need to realize that intentionally endangering his well being may not be the right thing to do, and anyone who wants to retaliate may have some justification. This is an amateur game that people play for fun. I'm as competitive as it gets, but at some levels, you shouldn't let that competitiveness go to the point of intentionally putting someone else at extremely high risk.

As far as the video, all of those guys know what they're getting into and know darn well they should be wearing a mask. I'm not all over the batter in that game the same way I am an E tourney team hammering a guy on league night.

blakcherry329

I know darn well that I shouldn't be pitching for multiple reasons, and in any serious game I won't. I have four different guys that pitch for me, but sometimes none of them are available I'll pitch if it's a game in a league where I expect less serious competition. I'm sorry, but in church league ball and E league ball you really shouldn't be hitting middle on purpose. Those levels were never intended to be super serious, and nine out of ten games in those leagues are not. It's a bunch of BS sandbaggers that have ruined it because of E Worlds. E shouldn't go to Worlds because it just leads to sandbagging. I greatly prefer to play at a higher level and stay in the outfield. I bought my mask after the game in question, and I don't mind it so much anymore, but if you know you could kill a guy by hitting middle it's not on him for not wearing a mask, especially if you know he's a little slow to react and it's not a tourny or the two best teams going at it. These guys kept talking about going to Vegas and were literally just practicing their middle shots on a non-pitcher that agreed to pitch because we entered a pretty rough team in the lowest league possible. If it had been a tourny, I wouldn't have pitched, although now that I wear a mask it wouldn't bother me as much. Again, if you intentionally put a guy at risk, why wouldn't you expect retaliation? That's why benches clear and arguments occur. Every one there knows that it was inappropriate on some level.
Well that's a special situation and the exception rather than the norm.

Hitting middle and trying to hit the pitcher on purpose are 2 different things. You can't assume that everybody that hits middle is trying the hurt someone. That's all I'm saying. You have to have the right mindset to pitch. Can't be scurred. lol.
The vast majority of players are gtg and are just trying to get a hit to the biggest hole in the field. There's always going to be a few a-holes that will go at the pitcher to try to intimidate him. If you show fear they may just hit middle to throw off your pitching, not to hit you. By the same token, if you snap a couple off, then they stop.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
Yes, because I won't accidentally kill you in a brawl. The same can happen by going middle at an unprotected pitcher.

Nobody is worried about you killing someone in a brawl tough guy. Get a mask, learn to field the position and STFU.

blakcherry329

I've never been mad at a guy that accidentally hit middle, showed concern for my well being and apologized. Most legitimate lower level players don't hit hard enough to worry me all that much anyway, although there are some that do. The situation in question was shot after shot at me followed by laughing. When the pitcher did it, I asked if he wanted me hitting at him, and suggested that if that wasn't enough, I go at him with more than a ball. They stopped hitting middle on me.

You need to give all the info when you make a statement about you getting mad at middle shots. This is a special circumstance, but you come off kinda Roid Rage-ish with your threats to the other team.

I know my team would laugh at whoever was yelling at us and keep hitting wherever we wanted to.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
You need to give all the info when you make a statement about you getting mad at middle shots. This is a special circumstance, but you come off kinda Roid Rage-ish with your threats to the other team.

I know my team would laugh at whoever was yelling at us and keep hitting wherever we wanted to.

I didn't yell at anybody. I just tried to field the ball and then when the pitcher hit at me and went over and let him know how I felt, and what was going to happen if it continued. It stopped. The end.