Pure bats - reviews/customer service.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I am in the middle of a trying to get a refund / replacement on a 240 bat I ordered that a week later I was told was sold out. What’s people’s thoughts on the Pure bats, I see a lot of people trading them but not many people swinging them?
I ordered a new Integrity II 240 and a week later I get an email saying they are gone and maybe better luck with the next release. No mention of what next release means or giving me a different weight or refund. If it’s not corrected this week I open up a claim with my CC company. Small company or not.

tonys1

My impressions only, because I don't swing them and like you, don't know anyone who actually swings them. I've been told there's a reviewer here who likes them but he offers board members $75 to buy their bats off them and it pisses them off. That's what I've been told anyway.

Anyway - they came roaring out of the gates two years ago, primarily because of limited supplies, high wait times (remind you of another brand?) and the ability to customize your bat. Seemed like the perfect business model to take advantage of men with generally low education, jacked pickup trucks and who see bat collecting as an investment for the future.

Composite bats with wood grain paint jobs and goofy glow in the dark options were all the rage. That must have looked sick when the end cap made out of putty exploded. Good product for the reps to auction in-stock bats at $700 each and their social media page was filled with "my order is dated 04/04/17 what date are you guys at?" or "what's coming out of paint booth this month?". Their first 2 piece bat raffled for over $2k, because omg Pure.

They made a bat with a FIB, that didn't last long. They agreed to sell their bats through the big guys in Rochester, that didn't last long. I know some guys who have access to pretty much any bat, I might have seen one in their BP pile once, and them keeping it around didn't last long either.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the background. I was just looking for a 240 bat and seemed like a decent company. I’ve now been been warned.

longball101

Part Time Player
They are pushing their new SR bat really hard right now. Some claim it's just a repainted Integrity. I've never swung a Pure, but a few younger guys in my local league swing them and like them.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
Are the Pure bats even sanctioned? I don’t see them on any legal or illegal bat lists. Seems people just collect them for their paint jobs.

SandyWH

#Delicious
I love my Pure Integritys. I game them and the OG Z-2000s.

I've personally had nothing but problems dealing with their CS.

Massive delays on orders (32 weeks on my alloy handle 2-piece)
*just my experience* All of their bats outside of the Integrity are questionable as far as durability.
Had a Venomous and a Legacy (2pc alloy handle) that failed in under 50 swings.
Broke a Hammanator and Raptor in about 500 swings.

Paint has always been an issue.

One thing that isn't an issue is performance. If you like one-piece bats the Integrity is an incredible bat.

I'll be honest though, the performance of the bats doesn't overcome all the negatives I've had with the company.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
have you asked for a refund? did you call them?

I’ve dealt with three people from Pure and still at square one. They can’t even verify the purchase to get to asking for a refund or another model yet. I have the purchase email and my credit card company knows there was a purchase but I would rather give them the chance to straighten it out before I go that route.

ShortYellowBus

Let’s just say, that Pure has run into the problems that crack heads frequently run in to; robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Except, in this case Peter is you.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I apologize, I did not know that but have bought from the forum store many times and they have quality service.