Pure Evil

rhino54

Anyone else having issues with their Pure Evil paint chipping? One bp session and quite a bit has flaked up already…

rhino54

I got it with 2 small ones I figured were from rocks but after a bp session the other day more came about

Attachments

• D1B474BD-181D-4A37-BC9D-F55830CBBF55.jpeg
    D1B474BD-181D-4A37-BC9D-F55830CBBF55.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 6FE45A6F-02F9-4C37-9EC2-50F56F2E5C1F.jpeg
    6FE45A6F-02F9-4C37-9EC2-50F56F2E5C1F.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 19

duffman99

I had the same issue, probably about a hundred swings in. I sent it in and they repainted it, took over a month though for the whole process.

duffman99

That’s new to me. Never heard of a warranty paint job.
I assumed they would just send me another one out from their stock like all other companies, but I got a freshly painted bat with the same handle and grip from when I sent it in six weeks later. It was a first for me.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has no chips at all but only about 50 cuts on it. Other than the paint, how does everyone like the bat?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I assumed they would just send me another one out from their stock like all other companies, but I got a freshly painted bat with the same handle and grip from when I sent it in six weeks later. It was a first for me.
Unless pure/evil thought ahead about actual warranty replacements and made more to potentially accommodate, if/when someones bat does get to that point they may not get that exact bat. Just a thought

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
So I have maybe 100 hits off the tee with .52s and 50 bp hits on it with .52s and I has one significant paint chip right on the V in evil. About 1/2"×3/4"

Doug

Old and Grumpy
I have one that has 300ish hits on it, several buckets of BP with 52s only and then five or six players on a tournament team used it for four games, tattoo 52/300 balls, temperatures mostly in the 80s, all players over the age of 62, no paint chips at all. Could be that I got lucky or possibly the combination of older players and high temperatures saved it.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
For those that have other manufactures ASA/USA bats with same amount of swings on those. In all honesty are these head n shoulders above the rest of just par for the ASA/USA bats course

Doug

Old and Grumpy
Compared to my well broken in Anarchy Amped, the Pure Evil has the same average distance but the Anarchy will occasionally hit a really long one (Anarchy sweet spot is small but very hot). I’m going to be out of action until May, but later this Summer will be comparing vs. Proton Hot Butter and Monsta Uncle Slam.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
League director wouldn't even test my Pure Evil bc of the paint chip. Barely 100 hits on it. Gonna have to go on a scavenger hunt for the receipt.