Pure still good?

Country469

Pros - bat wont be questioned on being altered. Hits well. Good enough to win at the top levels where if you are behind in bat tech, it shows fast.

Cons - small company, new company, they partnered with Monsta so watch out now

J2009

Boom !!!!!
So far i think they are the best bat out, now how long they last is another thing. Both i have had are straight fire from the 1st swing(1 broke at the handle with 30-40 swings) if i can get them to last 400-500 swings this is what i will swing from here on out.

jlee

Pros:
Great out of the wrapper.
Durability seems to be a hit or miss, but I had one with 4.5K+ swings before it finally snapped in half.

Cons:
If you want to order one you will have to wait 8+ weeks for one at the moment, no that is not a typo.
If you want one now, be ready to pay a premium.
Compression testing fails rather quickly, falls in the line with all the other 2018 model bats.
Has webbing at the handle issues, some are cracks, some are just webbing. Lot of misinterpretation of cracking vs webbing for these.

jlee

They're totally the monsta of utrip as their bats aren't available and you can't get a timeline on them.
Seems like it... with Pure being so new, I think they are still trying to figure it out. I don't think they expected for the company to become this big so quickly. Word on the street is they have purchased more machinery to keep up with the demands, but who knows.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
Pros:
Great out of the wrapper.
Durability seems to be a hit or miss, but I had one with 4.5K+ swings before it finally snapped in half.

Cons:
If you want to order one you will have to wait 8+ weeks for one at the moment, no that is not a typo.
If you want one now, be ready to pay a premium.
Compression testing fails rather quickly, falls in the line with all the other 2018 model bats.
Has webbing at the handle issues, some are cracks, some are just webbing. Lot of misinterpretation of cracking vs webbing for these.

I was hoping that was the case with my handle, that it was just flexing but it broke good lol.

jlee

I was hoping that was the case with my handle, that it was just flexing but it broke good lol.

Haha mine had cracks all over the handle, you could even bend the bat with your hands and expose the inner composite. Still was good... until it broke into two pieces lol.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
either way if i can get one of these to last 400-500 swings i will keep buying them, they are full game ready out of the wrapper, 1st swing i had last sunday was 315 on a line.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
I went through(2) Integrity that both cracked around the handle like mentioned. One at 75 swings and the other in about 25. Awesome customer service from my experiences though. They didn't count them against my returns and even got a free pair of batting gloves with the second one. I think his name was Craig, but he said there was a bad batch that he was kind of waiting on more to come back to narrow down which ones had the problem. I loved it but once I got my third return I sold it immediately. I have a lot of friends that still have them. They haven't had a problem and have 700-1000+ swings easily. The paint is about gone and they fail compression in the 180 range. They're definitely hot and if you're using any newer 2 piece, it will take some getting used to. I'm currently hung up on the Branch and F30 until further notice. Lol

ShortYellowBus

I went through(2) Integrity that both cracked around the handle like mentioned. One at 75 swings and the other in about 25. Awesome customer service from my experiences though. They didn't count them against my returns and even got a free pair of batting gloves with the second one. I think his name was Craig, but he said there was a bad batch that he was kind of waiting on more to come back to narrow down which ones had the problem. I loved it but once I got my third return I sold it immediately. I have a lot of friends that still have them. They haven't had a problem and have 700-1000+ swings easily. The paint is about gone and they fail compression in the 180 range. They're definitely hot and if you're using any newer 2 piece, it will take some getting used to. I'm currently hung up on the Branch and F30 until further notice. Lol
Great post. Very informative.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
I’ve tried many of the new line utrip bats out. My expectations were really high from reviews on social media etc. Finally tried a buddy’s Integrity when it arrived NIW and I (we) was very unimpressed. He continues to put hits on it during BP. At about 300 it’s “opening up”. For me it’s behind Worth/Miken, Easton and revamped LS stuff. Maybe it didn’t fit my swing. Any decent bat should be “hot” at 500 swings. So if his Integrity opens up at that hit count it still won’t change my opinion on it. Performance isn’t worth the quality issues, arrival delays and the top dollar prices.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I’ve tried many of the new line utrip bats out. My expectations were really high from reviews on social media etc. Finally tried a buddy’s Integrity when it arrived NIW and I (we) was very unimpressed. He continues to put hits on it during BP. At about 300 it’s “opening up”. For me it’s behind Worth/Miken, Easton and revamped LS stuff. Maybe it didn’t fit my swing. Any decent bat should be “hot” at 500 swings. So if his Integrity opens up at that hit count it still won’t change my opinion on it. Performance isn’t worth the quality issues, arrival delays and the top dollar prices.

i have had 2 and both was hot from 1st swing, only pure i have heard taking that long is the fuzion

BOLTMAN21

Manager
i have had 2 and both was hot from 1st swing, only pure i have heard taking that long is the fuzion
Probably didn't fit my swing. Luckily my buddy's doesn't have the cracking handle issue where it either snaps in half or gradually stress cracks little by little. Not knocking the company in any way, I always root for the small business owner who is growing. With that comes growing pains, including quality issues, I get it. Simply stating that the performance for me, was not as good as majority of other bats out that I have tried and I was surprised because of the feedback or "hype" on them.

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody else out there still waiting for their Fuzion order to show up in the mail. Been told twice now that my order will be shipped in the next couple weeks, and still have not seen anything. Wondering if this is a common issue for other people out there with popular size preorders

jlee

Probably didn't fit my swing. Luckily my buddy's doesn't have the cracking handle issue where it either snaps in half or gradually stress cracks little by little. Not knocking the company in any way, I always root for the small business owner who is growing. With that comes growing pains, including quality issues, I get it. Simply stating that the performance for me, was not as good as majority of other bats out that I have tried and I was surprised because of the feedback or "hype" on them.

Let me know if your friend decides to move it.

jlee

Anybody else out there still waiting for their Fuzion order to show up in the mail. Been told twice now that my order will be shipped in the next couple weeks, and still have not seen anything. Wondering if this is a common issue for other people out there with popular size preorders

Unfortunately, it is common... biggest problem they are having right now is being able to produce at the rate in which they are selling. They have ordered a couple more machines to produce the bats quicker but because of the Fuzion FIBs not being sent out, it delayed everything.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
So far my new one is around the same hit mark and no cracking around the handle, bat is good and can put one out with the best of them.

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
Integrity is fire - mine barely has paint around the barrel and some umps have called it out while others have let it slide - mine was an early demo bat so no handle issues and has at least 1000 swings probably more with no signs of slowing down

Just got my fuzion in the mail this weekend and am about to put swings on it today. was hoping for more opinions on these from this thread as I've heard they are not as hot as the integrity, guess there is only one way to find out -- fyi these things swing heavy as hell because of the FIB - my 27oz Balanced (lightest weight for balance when I ordered) weighs in at 28.4oz with a Vulcan (came with the bat) a knobcuff and the wrapper on it

cant go wrong with an Integrity tho, every one I've swung or seen has been fire
jury still out on the fuzion as they were delayed and not a ton out there yet for people to swing and give feedback on

chile

Bad Ape
just hit my 26.5oz integrity...pure just vaulted to my top usssa bat (not that i'm playing much utrip). not sure how many swings it had on it before I got it but the thing is lights out.

Batalot

I called the company and they said, the issue they were having, strangely is getting their weighting right... seems they can't.

chile

Bad Ape
I called the company and they said, the issue they were having, strangely is getting their weighting right... seems they can't.

I had read that and my 26.5 does feel a bit heavy but not as heavy as I initially thought...I want another one but am leery about this whole consistency issue

jlee

Just to throw this out there, Pure does kind of a rounding system for there bats. For example a 27 Balanced can weigh anywhere from 26.5-27.49. This making it feel a little heavier or lighter. This is due to the anti tamper (end cap) and it being hand crafted. Surprisingly if you decide to try to scale you would be surprised how close they are despite they feeling heavy.

I scaled 4 last week (all balanced 27s)
27 NR - 26.625
27 Custom - 27.125
27 - 27.25
27 RAC2 - 27.125

My scale rounds in fractions.