question about compression testing

zow237

Addicted to Softballfans
my league is using an asa compression tester and most people have utrip bats in isa leagues... is there a difference in the test? can my utrip bat fail on the asa tester and pass on the utrip?

bigsmooth13

Manager
USSSA bats should pass the new ASA compression standards. Technically the new ASA bats are supposedly hotter than USSSA bats. IDK if I buy that or not.

Country35

Banned User
USSSA bats should pass the new ASA compression standards. Technically the new ASA bats are supposedly hotter than USSSA bats. IDK if I buy that or not.

can I ask why? Cuz the asa limit for compression has been much higher then the usssa. Most USSSA bats would fail the asa compression NIW or come close to failing.

bigsmooth13

Manager
Information on Non-Linear bats with unique barrel compression thresholds will be update the week of April 1st. This is per ASA website. New standard is what we were told at our first meeting. With the ball change and new HPS on ASA bats you would think if a new higher performing ASA bat passes that the lower performing USSSA bat should pass as well? Maybe I am missing something here.

Country35

Banned User
Information on Non-Linear bats with unique barrel compression thresholds will be update the week of April 1st. This is per ASA website. New standard is what we were told at our first meeting. With the ball change and new HPS on ASA bats you would think if a new higher performing ASA bat passes that the lower performing USSSA bat should pass as well? Maybe I am missing something here.

The BBS test asa does doesnt correlate to compression testing though. Yeah they should be hotter per that test, I agree with that, but if they still use the old lbage # on the compression machince, my nsa/utrip bats would fail NIW.

zow237

Addicted to Softballfans
Well if the old testing is 1550 then u are right i heard a 26 now psycho failed so that bs that they are using an asa tester on utrip bats