Question about glove size 12U

sprtfan

Addicted to Softballfans
My daughter is 12, 5'5" and has what I'd consider avg size hands for her height. She plays 3B and SS when she is not pitching. Someone local has a 13" Mizuno MVP 1308P that is pretty much new for $30. It seemed like a good deal but 13" seems pretty big to me but I'm more used to baseball glove sizing. Would a 13" glove be reasonable for someone her size/age? Thanks

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
No! A 13” glove is way to big for infield! I do like a little larger glove for a pitcher for more protection. 12” is a great size for 3B, SS, and in the circle. A couple of gloves to look at, but will definitely cost you more than $30.00:rolleyes:

Vinci BV1929-L, listed at 12.5”, actually measures 12.25”, small/snug hand stall.
Don Morton Rawlings Pro1000-HC, expensive but a killer glove, taken care of it will last for years!
Rawlings Pro206, there’s several models. The Pro206-9jB with its 2pc. web would make a great 12” pitchers glove. My DD uses a Pro206-6CB, she loves it.

And BTW, all of those are baseball gloves......NO VELCRO!!

sprtfan

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, was pretty much what I had figured. Only considered it because of the price but a good deal is only a good deal if it fits your needs. Thanks for the recommendations.