Question about Nike Vapor web swap

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
So I have been asked to swap a mod trap onto one of the plastic Nike Vapor gloves. By my measurement, it needs a 5" wide by 7.75" long web. But I know being off by even 1/8" can make a difference in how it plays. I do want it to be slightly large for softball (it is a pretty narrow glove). Has anyone done one of these and what measurements did you use and how'd it go?

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Good luck. I refused to do one for a guy locally. He didn't want a web swap but he wanted a relace. The holes are so small I didn't even want to attempt it in fear they would tear with leather lace and I am not a fan or paracord which I've seen some people use. I thought about punching the holes out but I'm not sure how that material will hold up with making it thinner between two holes that are close to each other.

case2000

Extra Hitter
Bigjbowski16 could probably give you some details...but he didn't do the modified... http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/web-swap-on-a-nike-vapor-360.1424735/

Btw, I am pretty sure that George Springer was using a black Vapor in LF in last night's All Star Game.

I used one in a tournament this last saturday for the first time. It was a muddy muddy day and I didn't want to use my Zett or My A2000 XLO. It took a little getting used to but i liked it fine. I used it at third for one team and RF for another.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Good luck. I refused to do one for a guy locally. He didn't want a web swap but he wanted a relace. The holes are so small I didn't even want to attempt it in fear they would tear with leather lace and I am not a fan or paracord which I've seen some people use. I thought about punching the holes out but I'm not sure how that material will hold up with making it thinner between two holes that are close to each other.

I have thought the exact same thing -- but I was dumb enough to say I'd give it a try. And I am going to have to rewire a lot of the lacing too it seems. Bigjbowski used 3/16" lace, which is what I'll use.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
So I have been asked to swap a mod trap onto one of the plastic Nike Vapor gloves. By my measurement, it needs a 5" wide by 7.75" long web. But I know being off by even 1/8" can make a difference in how it plays. I do want it to be slightly large for softball (it is a pretty narrow glove). Has anyone done one of these and what measurements did you use and how'd it go?
Use a 6 hole base and make the base narrow, no more than 4".
Be ready to punch a lot of holes through the pocket leather.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans

Like this (but with a 4" narrow base)? How long a web did you order?

Single-Post-Trap.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I put one of these on my LS1300C55. THe one glove I wish I hadn't sold. I added holes to the "top" of the base so I could add one more loop to the trap.

mPQpzhR.jpg

ZuF2582.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but when you say 6 hole base, do you mean the one that attaches to 8 holes on the glove?

Slim45

I put one of these on my LS1300C55. THe one glove I wish I hadn't sold. I added holes to the "top" of the base so I could add one more loop to the trap.

mPQpzhR.jpg

ZuF2582.jpg

I have a pro flare (FLA1275SM) that I was considering doing this same web swap with this winter, and after seeing these pictures I think I am definitely going to do it now.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks. The problem is mainly that I wasn't specific enough about what I wanted (holes or stitching were put in places that wouldn't work). I always feel that I'm being too demanding when I send too detailed a blueprint over...but I should have this time. In any case, Bart is sending me a mod trap replacement for $20.

Last edited: