Question about the Vinci custom hand stall size

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I'm looking at the series 22 custom first base glove and I use a size xxl batting glove so I have had issues with first base gloves being big enough to fit my whole hand into.

Does the 13.5 version have a bigger hand stall, does the Velcro strap make a difference and will they intentionally make the stall larger if requested.

Thanks for any help,

This will likely be my last glove since I have used my silverback for the last 10 years and I doubt I have another decade left in my playing career

MaverickAH

I have to disagree the above statement. Vinci hand stalls are not small. They are snug. They will open up with some work on their higher end glove to give an almost custom feel.

Now the 22/PC Series is somewhat of a different animal. Their hand stalls are not made to the same tight tolerances & the internal materials used are softer. The deer tanned cowhide used is specially treated for a more comfortable feel. I have a PCi125 (12.5") in hand right now & the hand stall is plenty big for a XXL hand. I don't think that you will have an issue unless you also wear a batting glove under your fielding glove. The padding system in most Vinci's kind of negates the need to wear a batting glove under your fielding glove. The only time I've used a batting glove underneath is for when there was improper palm protection or when it was need to adjust fit.

The Velcro strap won't make a difference one way or another. As far as making the stall larger? All you can do is ask. My experience has been that if they can accommodate you, they will try. I don't think that I would make that request on a 22 Series glove though. You should already be fine.

wcoastsoftball

I have to disagree the above statement. Vinci hand stalls are not small. They are snug. They will open up with some work on their higher end glove to give an almost custom feel.

Now the 22/PC Series is somewhat of a different animal. Their hand stalls are not made to the same tight tolerances & the internal materials used are softer. The deer tanned cowhide used is specially treated for a more comfortable feel. I have a PCi125 (12.5") in hand right now & the hand stall is plenty big for a XXL hand. I don't think that you will have an issue unless you also wear a batting glove under your fielding glove. The padding system in most Vinci's kind of negates the need to wear a batting glove under your fielding glove. The only time I've used a batting glove underneath is for when there was improper palm protection or when it was need to adjust fit.

The Velcro strap won't make a difference one way or another. As far as making the stall larger? All you can do is ask. My experience has been that if they can accommodate you, they will try. I don't think that I would make that request on a 22 Series glove though. You should already be fine.

For me, most have been pretty good.
The Proto H web I had was a little loose...
the two JD73's I have had were snug...
The two BMB OB I have were very snug....
The 12" Optimus I have is very tight...
And the 3-4 JBV's I have had were tight as well (not as tight as the Optimus) and would not work with a batting glove IMO..maybe due to being closed back? Maybe a custom open back would work well?