Raleigh/wakeforest nc area

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm located in Selma?Smithfield about 5-9 of team mates from my Church leauge BP every Sunday afternoon in Selma Elementary School 315-330 fences or at the Smithfield Parks and Rec Center 3 softball fields less than 2 years old 305-308 fences. I use to work in Wake Forest and take HWY 96 to and from there, WF is about 45-50 mins from Selma and a straight shot at that.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
in Raleigh / Garner here.... LMK, keep me posted. Hit a lil BP yesterday at Garner Park with the woman but only off a Tee (didn't want to accidentally shoot middle on her) so i am dying for some live BP

packfootball

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a guy who may be able to help you guys out with somewhere to hit in Raleigh/Garner area. I know his church has a field(not sure name of church). I just emailed his wife for his email, as soon as I get it I'll PM to you guys.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
in Raleigh / Garner here.... LMK, keep me posted. Hit a lil BP yesterday at Garner Park with the woman but only off a Tee (didn't want to accidentally shoot middle on her) so i am dying for some live BP

Dang dude, we BP for 2-4hrs depending on how many shows up. Each person hits around 50-60 ball at the time, then we switch out and so on. I have around 110 bp balls to hit with. And the field where we BP on is 330 in right field, 325 center field and 320 in left field. If the weather permits this coming Sunday afternoon around 2pm we will be getting together again. All of the people that I BP with are the members from my Church Leauge. You are more than welcome to come and hit with us, bring the wife, bring some people with you and who know we may be able to get a game going. The fields at the Smithfield Parks and Rec center are nice but the fences are 305ft and I loose too many BP balls to the woods and the pond:mad: But the BP cages are nice there too. If you are interested send me a PM with a contact # and I can get in touch with you and give you the directions to the field.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
Thinking about coming out with the misses but don't want to cost anyone any swings... How many normally come out and since I am in NYC right now I have no idea if it rained in the Carolinas...lmk

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
Thinking about coming out with the misses but don't want to cost anyone any swings... How many normally come out and since I am in NYC right now I have no idea if it rained in the Carolinas...lmk

PM sent. LMK.

Tarheel69

Addicted to Softballfans
Any decent cages besides the ones at Grand Slam?
Sounds like there isn't any place that can be up to standard for some.

Heard of one somewhere that has climate control for each slot, with plush carpeting throughout and a waiter to wipe your forehead and bring you cool drinks, and has gold toilets with air drying for your bumma. Hope this helps ???

The rest of you meet you on the field with clothes on and a bat in my hand.......

Blazin

Pathetic Loser

Heard of one somewhere that has climate control for each slot, with plush carpeting throughout and a waiter to wipe your forehead and bring you cool drinks, and has gold toilets with air drying for your bumma. Hope this helps ???

The rest of you meet you on the field with clothes on and a bat in my hand.......

Where is this one at?

jk :p, grandslam is fine imo.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Yes, here is the one that I go to, heating and air, fairly new facility and good equipment and open till 9pm http://www.monsterbattingcages.com/

A lot farther, but looks like a nice place.

They have pitching machines, or is this a "rent a tunnel" place where you do your own pitching?

Tried out some typical outdoor cages in Mount Airy last weekend. Worst cages I've ever been in. Every 3rd or 4th pitch came way too early, and crossed the plate at about 10ft. A few pitches went behind me! Out of 4 cages, two were out of order. But hey, it was cheap! ;)

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans

They have pitching machines, or is this a "rent a tunnel" place where you do your own pitching?

Tried out some typical outdoor cages in Mount Airy last weekend. Worst cages I've ever been in. Every 3rd or 4th pitch came way too early, and crossed the plate at about 10ft. A few pitches went behind me! Out of 4 cages, two were out of order. But hey, it was cheap! ;)

You have the option of live BP or using the machine. I "may" go thier on Friday afternoon.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran

I was referring to the junk at putt putt places, where they throw balls behind you, 4' over your head, etc. When I google searched batting cages, all I got was Frankies, Adventure Landing and Grand Slam. Nothing against Grand Slam at all. But it gets really crowded. I remembered that driving range on capital between Raleigh and WF, but called and they said the batting cages went down and they just closed them up.

I'd gladly take some BP on the field, but don't know enough people around here that play.

ridinshadows02

Up and coming PRO

At Hardy's Golf Center??

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Yeah, it was Hardy's on 89 just out of town. Not that I had high expectations....and it was the cheapest cages I've seen lately @ $1 for 20 pitches supposedly. Although I don't think I ever got 20 pitches. But like I said, about every 3rd pitch came while I was moving my feet back to the pre-swing stance...and those early/quick pitches were always way over my head. ;)

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
I was referring to the junk at putt putt places, where they throw balls behind you, 4' over your head, etc. When I google searched batting cages, all I got was Frankies, Adventure Landing and Grand Slam. Nothing against Grand Slam at all. But it gets really crowded. I remembered that driving range on capital between Raleigh and WF, but called and they said the batting cages went down and they just closed them up.

I'd gladly take some BP on the field, but don't know enough people around here that play.

Where are you located in Raleigh? I'm located here in Smithfield. Tarheel69, TomJ2345, Ridinshadows and myself have gotten together a few times here in Smithfied to the Parks & Rec Center, there are 3 softball fields here, which the place is about 3yrs old now. Sunday afternoons are the best time to go out, unless there is a tourny going on there, if not I have a back up field.

ridinshadows02

Up and coming PRO
Yeah, it was Hardy's on 89 just out of town. Not that I had high expectations....and it was the cheapest cages I've seen lately @ $1 for 20 pitches supposedly. Although I don't think I ever got 20 pitches. But like I said, about every 3rd pitch came while I was moving my feet back to the pre-swing stance...and those early/quick pitches were always way over my head. ;)

Yea, know what you mean. Ive been there. What is your relation with Mt. Airy? I just moved from there, well just north in Cana, VA. Might know each other??

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
My wife's family all live there. I visit it when I have to! ;)

I always get bored sitting around "visiting" and try to go out and find things to do. So last weekend, I took some bats. Sometimes I take a dirtbike, and sometimes I just don't go!

As for Raleigh area BP. I live up near Falls Lake, Creedmoor Rd and 540 area. My team had 3 practices before our season, whcih starts next week. I seriously doubt anyone will want to actually practice during the season. I'm just not that comfortable with my "skills". So I tend to want to go to the batting cages and try to learn something. Seeing a few pitches a week isn't going to help me much. So I'd be up for driving somewhere and hitting some balls. I pitch too, and don't mind pitching BP...as long as someone brings a net! ;)

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
My wife's family all live there. I visit it when I have to! ;)

I always get bored sitting around "visiting" and try to go out and find things to do. So last weekend, I took some bats. Sometimes I take a dirtbike, and sometimes I just don't go!

As for Raleigh area BP. I live up near Falls Lake, Creedmoor Rd and 540 area. My team had 3 practices before our season, whcih starts next week. I seriously doubt anyone will want to actually practice during the season. I'm just not that comfortable with my "skills". So I tend to want to go to the batting cages and try to learn something. Seeing a few pitches a week isn't going to help me much. So I'd be up for driving somewhere and hitting some balls. I pitch too, and don't mind pitching BP...as long as someone brings a net! ;)

I ff know what you mean bro, and I also have a net.