Raleigh/wakeforest nc area

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
11/12 ? i know Carolina Pines is usually open on Saturdays early, i can double check with susan :)

have to make sure we hit mush if there. lol
Check biltmore too since we wont lose as many balls there.

that date works for me. dunno how many ppl will be playing in the tourny at thomas brooks that weekend though. dunno how big that one is usually.

hell id be up for it this weekend if we got enough ppl to do it on short notice.

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
have to make sure we hit mush if there. lol
Check biltmore too since we wont lose as many balls there.

that date works for me. dunno how many ppl will be playing in the tourny at thomas brooks that weekend though. dunno how big that one is usually.

hell id be up for it this weekend if we got enough ppl to do it on short notice.

Which Tourney @ Brooks?

mcmaggs

Addicted to Softballfans
OK so if everyone can bring a person (or two) that they play with on their teams we could easily have enough for a scrimmage...

jwslaugh,
TommyJ,
who'sonfirst,
nc23hitnrun,
kahuna,
oppo 23,
steel,
ar2x7

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR ONE SATURDAY OR SUNDAY ! !

My team wont be playing in the tournament this weekend, so Im down to play and can bring a few extras

Who'sOnFirst

Extra Hitter
I didn't think it got cold here in NC, lol.

Seriously I would be up for doing this on a regular basis for as long as we can. I know I have a few team mates that would probably play. Most people are done with league ball real soon, our last game is Saturday.

I would vote for Saturdays as I prefer to veg out with the NFL on Sundays, that said if everyone else wanted to play Sunday then I'll be there!

RTP is usually open on the weekends if needed. They have 5 fields, 1&2 are usually always available from what I undersand. I could be wrong on that but it may be an option?

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
Why don't all of you guys some sub in for our playoff games Saturday!?!?!?

;)

If my NCSHP brother inlaw ends up leaving our house before saturday i could make your game. if not im only available sunday.

Last thing im doing is getting on the wrong side of him. lol

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
No idea if they are going to crack down on subs for the playoffs or not. So far they have been VERY lax about it. A few of our guys played for another team last weekend because they were short several players. This game immediately followed ours, they played still wearing OUR uniforms! This has been the norm for the past few weeks. The LD was sitting right there keeping score...so it's not like he isn't aware. That game technically should have been a forfeit....but wasn't.

mcmaggs

Addicted to Softballfans
No idea if they are going to crack down on subs for the playoffs or not. So far they have been VERY lax about it. A few of our guys played for another team last weekend because they were short several players. This game immediately followed ours, they played still wearing OUR uniforms! This has been the norm for the past few weeks. The LD was sitting right there keeping score...so it's not like he isn't aware. That game technically should have been a forfeit....but wasn't.

What league are you playing in Kahuna? And what fields?

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Tri_Rec out of Durham. Field is scheduled to be Parkwood for Saturday. Parkwood is on Revere Rd, just off hwy 54 near I-40 and 55. RTP area.

Parkwood has a nice soft infield, usually nicely groomed, but outfield is SHORT!

I only know of us being short one player at the moment. I was really joking, but would not at all object to having a ringer or two on the roster! Not really my call though. Infield is where we probably need someone though.

Who'sOnFirst

Extra Hitter
Actually we are full right now and Eddie sent out a memo about subs this week for the playoffs. We will have to live and die with what we have.

We have 11 right now, we are set.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
good to know before i made that trek lol . . . maybe your team would want to scrimmage a team made up of some of the guys that have been getting together on this side of town for bp. Early on a Sunday so i can watch my football . . .

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
good to know before i made that trek lol . . . maybe your team would want to scrimmage a team made up of some of the guys that have been getting together on this side of town for bp. Early on a Sunday so i can watch my football . . .

They got these things called DVR's that work wonders. lol

ar2x7

Substance & Style
DVR live football when you have as many text happy friends as i do texting "DID YOU SEE WHAT BIG BEN DID?!" is not an option in my world...

besides my DVR's (3 of them) are filled with Extreme Couponing, Jersey Shore, & Greys Anatomy (ok, Jersey Shore and Greys are mine :eek: )

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
DVR live football when you have as many text happy friends as i do texting "DID YOU SEE WHAT BIG BEN DID?!" is not an option in my world...

besides my DVR's (3 of them) are filled with Extreme Couponing, Jersey Shore, & Greys Anatomy (ok, Jersey Shore and Greys are mine :eek: )

ugh Steelers fan. thats some crap. lol

Who'sOnFirst

Extra Hitter
Any chance of getting a pickup game going Sunday morn? I doubt we are playing league ball tom and could probably bring a few team mates.

Anybody interested? If so how many can you bring?

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
I am game, probably m myself and 2 or 3 others

Even though this would conflict with nascar im game. Neighbor has to work at 4 though so dunno bout him. if get early enough word he *might* be able to make it though and get a cover for his shift.

Who'sOnFirst

Extra Hitter
I am game, probably m myself and 2 or 3 others

Even though this would conflict with nascar im game. Neighbor has to work at 4 though so dunno bout him. if get early enough word he *might* be able to make it though and get a cover for his shift.

So between the two of you that would be 4-6 people? That would be a good start, I may be able to get a few others as well. Not sure how many because coed league in Durham is still playing on Sundays, think they are in playoffs too.

What time are you guys thinking? I'm flexible, morning or afternoon works for me.

Edit: I see a vote for 10am.