Rawlings 504 in Black oiled Horween

Ordered June 3rd, received June 27.

The 504 and the oiled Horween are everything that I'd hoped they'd be.

More to follow tomorrow.

IMG_0297_zpsqbi19fbk.jpg

I'm sorry guys. The damn batteries in the camera died, and since we're in the middle of packing up to move we're living in box city. I called my wife at work to ask here where the double AA's are.

Hard6 - It was not ordered through SBF, not that I wouldn't hesitate to do so. It's just the way I did it.

Weight on it is at 25.4 ounces, and that's after 2 applications of Wilson Pro Conditioner. The leather feels like warm butter, soft and smooth, but supple enough to be comfortable when doing some work on it to loosen it up.

Measurement is dead on at 12.5 inches.

I honestly can't say enough about the leather. Black Oiled Horween rocks! It looks great, it feels great, hell it even smells great. I've had reservations about Rawlings retail line before, and I'm here to tell you I'd have absolutely ZERO issues whatsoever ordering from their custom shop again. This glove shows an effort that's gone over and above the status quo.

With two in the pinky, the 504 pattern swallows the 12 inch softball, and the H web was a fantastic choice here (my thanks to the forum and Rous in particular for advising me). It's comfortable on the hand, it looks good, its aesthetically and functionally everything I had hoped it would be.

Honestly guys I don't know what else to say. This glove has floored me in every way possible. I can't wait for fall leagues to start up to get back out on the field.

If there's anything else I can help with or something I missed please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers all!

Joshua

IMG_0303_zpss34zhgez.jpg

IMG_0301_zpsohxpaxie.jpg

IMG_0300_zpsfw8jptvw.jpg

IMG_0305_zpsbs9h6q5a.jpg

IMG_0298_zpsqm94ibjy.jpg

Last edited:

scor4

Nice glove and your review has swayed me to try the black oiled Horween! Any updates on how the glove is breaking in?

NYC

Swag on 100.
I'm sorry guys. The damn batteries in the camera died, and since we're in the middle of packing up to move we're living in box city. I called my wife at work to ask here where the double AA's are.

Hard6 - It was not ordered through SBF, not that I wouldn't hesitate to do so. It's just the way I did it.

Weight on it is at 25.4 ounces, and that's after 2 applications of Wilson Pro Conditioner. The leather feels like warm butter, soft and smooth, but supple enough to be comfortable when doing some work on it to loosen it up.

Measurement is dead on at 12.5 inches.

I honestly can't say enough about the leather. Black Oiled Horween rocks! It looks great, it feels great, hell it even smells great. I've had reservations about Rawlings retail line before, and I'm here to tell you I'd have absolutely ZERO issues whatsoever ordering from their custom shop again. This glove shows an effort that's gone over and above the status quo.

With two in the pinky, the 504 pattern swallows the 12 inch softball, and the H web was a fantastic choice here (my thanks to the forum and Rous in particular for advising me). It's comfortable on the hand, it looks good, its aesthetically and functionally everything I had hoped it would be.

Honestly guys I don't know what else to say. This glove has floored me in every way possible. I can't wait for fall leagues to start up to get back out on the field.

If there's anything else I can help with or something I missed please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers all!

Joshua

IMG_0303_zpss34zhgez.jpg

IMG_0301_zpsohxpaxie.jpg

IMG_0300_zpsfw8jptvw.jpg

IMG_0305_zpsbs9h6q5a.jpg

IMG_0298_zpsqm94ibjy.jpg
Nice colors, how's the stiffness of the leather? How long do you think it will take to be game ready?