Rawlings Custom

Hello All!

Been a while since I posted here, but a quick question:

How do the Rawlings custom gloves run? Bigger… smaller?

Thank you!

First base: PROSDCT vs PROSFM20XL

I like the DCT for sure… but the FM20XL has an H web and is dual hinge. Unfortunately it’s a bit smaller at 12.25”, but I hear the pattern runs big on customs … but it never hurts to ask.

Last edited:

mkaufm1

I’m not familiar with those models. Out of curiosity though, what’s your definition on smaller/larger? Hand fit? Pocket depth? Reach?

My clue on reach has been comparing deep vs normal vs shallow depth pockets of the same size glove and assuming a shallower pocket of the same size glove will provide more reach. For instance, in my head an NP6 (flat pocket) has more reach than a 206 (deepest pocket).

Open to being debunked on this one… :)

Smaller/larger as in traditional measurement from palm to tip, which at this point is what I’m referring to with the question I asked. I have heard multiple times that customs can run either larger or smaller than the advertised size. I was simply asking what members here have experienced.

mkaufm1

Not super helpful…my 206F index to palm was a little over 1/4” under 12” but it’s stretching a little with break-in. I’m guessing normal factory breaking might be part of their size assumption or the 206 forms generically produce a smaller glove.

Best bet if no one replies may be to check out what HoH’s are available locally. If the numbers match, I’d think the patterns would be the same since they both come out the Philippines regardless. I can usually find a 12.5” and a 13” HoH locally at DSG and our local Baseball Shop.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I’m not familiar with those models. Out of curiosity though, what’s your definition on smaller/larger? Hand fit? Pocket depth? Reach?

My clue on reach has been comparing deep vs normal vs shallow depth pockets of the same size glove and assuming a shallower pocket of the same size glove will provide more reach. For instance, in my head an NP6 (flat pocket) has more reach than a 206 (deepest pocket).

Open to being debunked on this one… :)
Interesting you say reach....and comparing those two particular 12" models, the NP6 definitely has more reach. I personally have never understood the flat / shallow description of the NP pattern? All four of my NP's (well, 3 now) are anything but shallow! Back to the reach topic between these two models, I like to describe the Pro206 / Pro1000 as a round deep salad bowl and the NP6 as a taco if that makes any sense? Two entirely different, nothing in common 12" gloves!

As for sizing, as in listed stamped size, every 206/1000 (Pro200 family) glove I've ever owned, they taped smaller than their listed size. The NP's are the exception for me, they're always at least their listed size or larger, and in most cases, larger! My custom NP6 H-web is a 1/2" longer than any 206/1000 that I've ever owned.

BTW, what is a 206F?

Nice glove Marty!

I ordered the PROSFM20XL last night. Now begins the waiting game. I guess we’ll find out when it gets here.

mkaufm1

Reviving this thread a smidge…

Annasdad, I found a youtube video of a 206F last night. It’s not my video (TO ballgloves), but you get some half decent shots of the glove with a ball towards the end.