Rawlings Hypershell

BOLTMAN21

Manager
For those with experience, how does this hypershell material feel? Similar to the Nike gloves? How is the leather on them? Looks similar to the soft dual core or Miken glove leather in pics. Thanks in advance.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I still haven't seen one for sale.

Quick edit: It looks like Baseball Monkey has them in stock right now. Their warehouse is really close to me so maybe I can swing by and check one out this week.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
@davisrelacing has relaced a few to black going by his IG account...probably could provide some good insight. To me it looks like standard black HOH leather and I think the hypershell is vinyl.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Hypershell is a synthetic (duh) microfiber material with a carbon fiber pattern. It feels smooth yet slightly soft to the touch, not like the Nike Vapor which feels decidedly like plastic. If you've felt the colored (red or blue) Superskin, this has the same type of feel. That is also a microfiber material. Rawlings was inspired by the materials used to make ice hockey skates when developing the Hypershell fabric.

As far as the leather, you can expect the same fine durability of any Japan black HOH leather. The glove itself is VERY light and has a slimmer and more balanced feel than a similar model HOH.

You can message me on any social site.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Hypershell is a synthetic (duh) microfiber material with a carbon fiber pattern. It feels smooth yet slightly soft to the touch, not like the Nike Vapor which feels decidedly like plastic. If you've felt the colored (red or blue) Superskin, this has the same type of feel. That is also a microfiber material. Rawlings was inspired by the materials used to make ice hockey skates when developing the Hypershell fabric.

As far as the leather, you can expect the same fine durability of any Japan black HOH leather. The glove itself is VERY light and has a slimmer and more balanced feel than a similar model HOH.

You can message me on any social site.
Thanks for the feedback Davis! Appreciate it. Would be great if Rawlings offered hypershell as an option on the custom glove builder. The JT Shadow gray will do for now on my incoming custom.

WillW3

Starting Player
I wanted to chime in on the Hypershell. I went to the Rawlings outlet today (and didn't come out with a glove might I add). I got my hands on all the Hypershell models. My first impression was that it feels super cheap. It makes the glove a hell of a lot lighter, but something about it didn't sit well with me being on a Rawlings. Give me mesh or super skin any day over this. It looks even better in person though, I will say that.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I wanted to chime in on the Hypershell. I went to the Rawlings outlet today (and didn't come out with a glove might I add). I got my hands on all the Hypershell models. My first impression was that it feels super cheap. It makes the glove a hell of a lot lighter, but something about it didn't sit well with me being on a Rawlings. Give me mesh or super skin any day over this. It looks even better in person though, I will say that.
I feel that same way about the mesh and superskin models. Give me all leather any day. :cool:

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I also checked one out at the Myrtle Beach outlet, no thanks! I *think* it was a 11.5" I-web baseball glove? I'm sure it'll appeal to someone, but I was not impressed, too much real leather in there to look at!

chase2000gt

Extra Hitter
Bringing this thread back from the dead.... Any updates on these now that people have had a chance to break them in? Photos would be a plus!

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Anymore updates on these, saw Harper today rocking one for his Phillies debute and curious if this has held up or just plain fugly, I have ss on my Wilson and not a fan, it is lighter, but mine traps dust/mud in between the “pebbles” if it was smooth would be better, maybe I just need all leather, but this and that new Wilson snakeskin for some reason is calling me

Last edited:

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans

Pretty much couldn’t agree more with everything you’d said WillW3. I am not even a mesh or super skin fan though. I also left the Rawlings outlet a couple of weeks ago without a glove as well. Just picked up some HOH shirts and a few laces.

chase2000gt

Extra Hitter
This glove has been calling my name. Would love to see some pics of one broken in and gamed for while.
$_3.JPG