Rawlings in St Louis question

defos

Back story - my wife was diagnosed with a recurrence of breast cancer. It's back in 3 scattered spots, but they're small and slow growing, and not life-threatening. The oncologist can't do anything for her, so she's seeing 2 doctors in St Louis for alternative/holistic treatments. She has appointments in STL Jan 15 and 17. The 16th is a free day, and I'll have free time while she's at her appointments, which leads to my questions.

Is there any part of the Rawlings facilities that may be of interest that are open to the public? I did a search online and didn't see anything.

Anyone know of other attractions I/we should check out while we're there - glove related or otherwise?

defos

We went to the zoo in 2004 or 5, and it is a good one for sure. The kids and I went for a quick preview the day before our "official" visit. We got there about 4:00 and expected to get run out at 5:00 which was closing time, but nobody said anything to us. Their summer hours started the following week. I think we stayed til almost 6:00 and left on our own. Of course, with no gates, it's difficult to keep people out.

defos

Thank you for the good thoughts, prayers and suggestions. The trip next week has been cancelled. Besides the 2 doctors in STL, she's also seeing a lady in the Kansas City area. Little, if any, of the cost of these treatments are covered by insurance. We don't have the resources to pay for 3 courses of treatment out of pocket. The doctor she was going to see on this trip is the most expensive, and my wife has decided to stop seeing her. I've always questioned the wisdom of pursuing 3 courses of treatment because there's no way to tell what's working and what isn't. There's bound to be some conflict and some redundancy, or something one doctor is doing that cancels out what one of the others is doing. At this time, the cancer is very small, slow growing, and not life-threatening. I've always thought choosing 1 course of treatment was best, and that's where we are now.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Glad to hear the cancer is not in the later stages and that you all have your head clear enough to make tough decisions.