Rawlings PRONP7-2HT

Sparty01

Well, I finally received my Horween NP7. I’ve owned the 504, rv23, kb17, Sp125, and pretty much every other popular softball pattern that’s discussed on this site. In terms of size, this definitely plays bigger than the 504 imo even though it’s stamped 1/4 smaller. It does want to close pinky to middle, but I’m confident I can break it in pinky to ring no problem. In my opinion of all of the gloves I’ve ever owned, this is the perfect size for infield. I’m 6’3 and have fairly big hands, and it fits absolutely perfectly. Obviously the beautiful Horween doesn’t hurt, but I feel like my search for the perfect gamer is finally over. I plan to use my kb17 for baseball and potentially the occasional softball game, but if you’re like me and have traditionally used larger H webs for gaming, don’t hesitate to pick one of these up if you can find one. Here are a few pics side by side with my PROS303-6BR and PRO206-9T:

Attachments

• AF123CF3-FD9C-4B1A-9566-2CC980048698.jpeg
    AF123CF3-FD9C-4B1A-9566-2CC980048698.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 122
  • D0D214D0-9603-4989-B7CB-7088A3C0B747.jpeg
    D0D214D0-9603-4989-B7CB-7088A3C0B747.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 108
  • B312BC32-4D0B-491B-BCB2-635F062AEFA8.jpeg
    B312BC32-4D0B-491B-BCB2-635F062AEFA8.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 3838B825-7CE6-4B99-A04F-FA9D13DD5500.jpeg
    3838B825-7CE6-4B99-A04F-FA9D13DD5500.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 101

StickCollector

Very nice glove, just ask @ANNASDAD. I also have one. These Horween limited gloves are impressive. Great construction, a little heavy, but they didn't skimp out on the details. Still, I think the RV23 plays bigger than the NP7.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I ordered one at the time they were released and immediately started breaking it in. Took some time, but ended up gaming it about half of the year last year and love it. Mine also wanted to break in thumb to middle finger but I was able to get it to go thumb to ring (for the most part). I play traditional with index out.

I compare to some of the 1781s in terms of size. Its actually a little bigger than my PI that was relaced / reconditioned last year (new binding) but I attribute a lot of that to the make over.

Just out of curiosity, what number did you get? Mines 73.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I've thought about trading (not selling) mine several times, I even posted it on FB marketplace as trade bait. But every time I put it on, I just can't do it! It's a great glove, I just like my NP5PRO and both NP6's just a little more!

This is the one that I met Dan Davis at one of his son's baseball camps at a HS here in NC. He re-laced the web, web spiral, and fingertips in some of his killer Tan lace, this glove is a brick!!

Sparty01

I ordered one at the time they were released and immediately started breaking it in. Took some time, but ended up gaming it about half of the year last year and love it. Mine also wanted to break in thumb to middle finger but I was able to get it to go thumb to ring (for the most part). I play traditional with index out.

I compare to some of the 1781s in terms of size. Its actually a little bigger than my PI that was relaced / reconditioned last year (new binding) but I attribute a lot of that to the make over.

Just out of curiosity, what number did you get? Mines 73.
83 for me. I’d love to see them do another Horween run. The demand definitely seems to be there.....maybe switch up the stitching or something to keep things fresh

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
83 for me. I’d love to see them do another Horween run. The demand definitely seems to be there.....maybe switch up the stitching or something to keep things fresh
I know, they should use Vegas Gold stitching next time! ;):D. And BTW my NP7 is number 08.

JB_on_Baseball

I love the NP pattern. I have an NP4-2 for baseball/shortstop and it really helps on transferring the ball from glove to throwing hand.
And that’s a beautiful bruciato/camel combo on the 303.

Sparty01

I love the NP pattern. I have an NP4-2 for baseball/shortstop and it really helps on transferring the ball from glove to throwing hand.
And that’s a beautiful bruciato/camel combo on the 303.
Honestly the PP brusciato is so pretty I can’t even break it in. I’m obsessed with Horween now anyway so it will never see game time, and although I’ve toyed with the idea of 12.75 on the infield the 303 never really felt like an infield pattern to me (I’m sure it can be broken in that way though, and many love the 303 pattern for infield). I’ve seen some brisciatos that develop a nice patina over time, and I’ve seen some that look like garbage after a season’s use

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I have the Horween 504 as well from last year and I think its about the same size as the NP-7. The 504 I got "used", meaning break in had started but its still stiff as hell. I wanted to wait until I got the NP-7 to decide which one to game and went with the NP-7 because I'm an i-web fanatic. Although I wills ay the 504 MAY be more conducive so slow pitch infield if it broke in more thumb to ring / pinky.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Although I wills ay the 504 MAY be more conducive so slow pitch infield if it broke in more thumb to ring / pinky.
See, that's why I'm going to have to get another one, mine had a perfect break of thumb to middle(ish), which is more to my liking!

JB_on_Baseball

I’ve seen some brisciatos that develop a nice patina over time, and I’ve seen some that look like garbage after a season’s use

I had a bruciato custom that held its beauty over time, but I cared for it really well. I also had camel lacing with it. My only regret is that I went with white binding on that glove, which did tend to darken over time where my index finger overlapped it. No more light colored bindings for me!

Sparty01

I have the Horween 504 as well from last year and I think its about the same size as the NP-7. The 504 I got "used", meaning break in had started but its still stiff as hell. I wanted to wait until I got the NP-7 to decide which one to game and went with the NP-7 because I'm an i-web fanatic. Although I wills ay the 504 MAY be more conducive so slow pitch infield if it broke in more thumb to ring / pinky.
Which is why I’m on the hunt for another Horween H web lol. It never ends

Sparty01

Well, I said I was done buying gloves :rolleyes:, it appears I just bought a new Horween Pro504? It’s not in hand yet but looks like a done deal!
I just bought BACK the 504 I sold like a month ago! That must be a record. Just hoping I can break it in something close to a 200 pattern. Now that I’ve committed to keeping it I’m going to work on it and see where it ends up. Haven’t seen many broken in 504’s....

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I just bought BACK the 504 I sold like a month ago! That must be a record. Just hoping I can break it in something close to a 200 pattern. Now that I’ve committed to keeping it I’m going to work on it and see where it ends up. Haven’t seen many broken in 504’s....

I have bought and sold a lot of gloves but I dont know if I ever bought one BACK lol. Thats pretty cool though. I have had a couple I let go that I regret but could never track down again.

I actually bought the horween 504 when they were released with the intention to game it. Posted in here looking for ID #10 just for grins and a guy on here had it, we swapped and he had slightly started the break in and now I can't bring myself to break it in / game it since its got my favorite number on it. Lame but what can you do :rolleyes:

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Couple of comparison pics!
DB121154-6CD4-49A0-B0EA-7CD41696D223.jpeg 5244F37E-287D-4DBA-9477-E772BBB560FF.jpeg 348B9463-F773-416A-9F8A-5601DF09444B.jpeg 9406EA07-007A-40E4-8A98-CC6C26754DA1.jpeg

bigjbowski16

Addicted to Softballfans
I broke in and used the one I traded with you all year last year and its fantastic for slowpitch. Middle or third. My custom 208s, 207, and 1781 have all taken a backseat to it.

Sparty01

I broke in and used the one I traded with you all year last year and its fantastic for slowpitch. Middle or third. My custom 208s, 207, and 1781 have all taken a backseat to it.
I really like how it’s breaking in, but it does NOT want to go ring/pinky. I think ring/middle is the best I’m going to do with it but that’s ok (I play traditional also, TIP obv. much closer to ring). I can see why so many people love this pattern for softball infield. It’s crazy how good the Horween palm and finger stalls feel as the glove breaks in. The NP7 still feels bigger to me though.

Attachments

• C60511D0-32A9-4333-AC1F-56C1FC41019D.jpeg
    C60511D0-32A9-4333-AC1F-56C1FC41019D.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 4D138285-46B4-45BF-B5A0-AF3101262B93.jpeg
    4D138285-46B4-45BF-B5A0-AF3101262B93.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 474CCE97-A4D3-4693-921B-585D9261B9E8.jpeg
    474CCE97-A4D3-4693-921B-585D9261B9E8.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 33

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I really like how it’s breaking in, but it does NOT want to go ring/pinky. I think ring/middle is the best I’m going to do with it but that’s ok (I play traditional also, TIP obv. much closer to ring). I can see why so many people love this pattern for softball infield. It’s crazy how good the Horween palm and finger stalls feel as the glove breaks in. The NP7 still feels bigger to me though.
504 and even more so the NP7 were designed to close thumb to middle. Leather will stretch over time, so you can beat them into submission, but you are really fighting the designer.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
504 and even more so the NP7 were designed to close thumb to middle. Leather will stretch over time, so you can beat them into submission, but you are really fighting the designer.
Both the 504 and the NP7 and the way they naturally close for me are the two closest Rawlings models to my favorite glove ever, the A2000 XLO. Some guy here long ago told me to try these two? :rolleyes::D

mkaufm1

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Did your 504 break-in with a double break at thumb to ring finger okay? That’s always been my preference and I want to buy a 12.5” glove but I was leaning towards a 206 model because I was concerned the 504 looks like it’s more of a single break to middle / index finger in pictures.

I never actually broke it in, but the 100+ times I had it on my hand I wore it traditional with index finger out. To me if just felt natural wearing it traditional and it closing thumb to middle finger. Unlike the NP7 which is definitely a single break, I think the 504 can be used with either grip, but I don’t think it’s a true thumb to pinky glove!

You’re comparing a 206 to a 504, completely apples to oranges. If you want a 12.5” glove with a dual break that closes thumb to ring/pinky….you want a Pro208.

mkaufm1

I never actually broke it in, but the 100+ times I had it on my hand I wore it traditional with index finger out. To me if just felt natural wearing it traditional and it closing thumb to middle finger. Unlike the NP7 which is definitely a single break, I think the 504 can be used with either grip, but I don’t think it’s a true thumb to pinky glove!

You’re comparing a 206 to a 504, completely apples to oranges. If you want a 12.5” glove with a dual break that closes thumb to ring/pinky….you want a Pro208.

Thanks! I was thinking 206 because I’ve had one break in perfect to ring finger before, but I’m also the dummy when it comes to Rawlings gloves…I’ve lived in DW5 for the last few years (definitely a favorite) and a Rawlings Revcore750 as a backup / outfield glove. I will check out the 208 for sure.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Thanks! I was thinking 206 because I’ve had one break in perfect to ring finger before, but I’m also the dummy when it comes to Rawlings gloves…I’ve lived in DW5 for the last few years (definitely a favorite) and a Rawlings Revcore750 as a backup / outfield glove. I will check out the 208 for sure.
My daughter has used a Pro206 for years, I’m very familiar with that Rawlings model! So yeah, by what you described yesterday, a Pro208 sounds like the perfect glove for you!