Rawlings Tan HOH

mkaufm1

I’m in the process of selecting a new custom glove (my first custom). I was wondering:
1) anyone know the difference between a standard pocket on the 27HF9 and the average pocket on the 3029 models? I tend to lean towards opening wide and a standard pocket for ease of grabbing the ball.
2) i’m thinking of tan leather with royal blue lacing and white binding on the wrist…are either of those poor choices? Is navy a better combo with tan..looks almost black on the custom builder website?
3) anyone use a Y web? I usually play H web or basket web and I haven’t seen a Y web in person so was curious on thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
royal on tan looks great

WIHh8b3.jpeg

mkaufm1

Don’t use white for the binding.

Y web is pretty stiff and narrow. There’s a reason you don’t see a lot of them.

Thank you for the input and the pics! It looks like tan w/ royal blue is the way to go and I should drop the white binding.

What do you mean when you say that the Y-web is narrow? I understand deep and standard pocket, but I’m not too knowledgeable when people start talking terms like average depth or narrow.

I currently play my Wilson DW5 and a Rawlings 7SC127PFDH if that helps with reference. My intent with this glove is to build something similar to the glove I had when I really got into baseball (Rawlings RBG54 Tony Gwynn).

defos

I don't have either of the models you asked about, but I do have a PROS27 Trap-eze and an earlier PROS601 Trap (same pattern). Those open wide enough to easily catch a 14" ball, which is what I store them with. I think an H-web would open that wide as well, and be wider than a 302.

mkaufm1

Interesting side note… I went with the boa wrist liner. It’s black…was expecting white, but it’s what I wanted for fall ball and will stay looking newer, longer. Also, loving the feel of having a fastback, again. May be a honeymoon thing, but it feels more responsive.

mkaufm1

Bingo. 206F. It’s a little shorter but also deeper than both my DW5 (being replaced by this one) and my B212. Thinking that may just be that it’s not broken in, but may be the design and why folks steer towards a little larger Rawlings glove for a softball/baseball utility glove.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Bingo. 206F. It’s a little shorter but also deeper than both my DW5 (being replaced by this one) and my B212. Thinking that may just be that it’s not broken in, but may be the design and why folks steer towards a little larger Rawlings glove for a softball/baseball utility glove.
Oh, I’m very very familiar with the Pro206, just never seen one in a Fastback! The 206 and the Pro1000 used to be stacked up here at the house. It’s the perfect girls glove for fastpitch infield!