Rawlings Web Options

Kevbach

Part Time Player
Kind of a nerdy thought here...

I think it would be neat to compile a list of the different web options available from Rawlings for all fielding gloves. As we know, the final number in a Rawlings glove's model number determines what web goes on the glove, unless it is a 6-finger trap. (For instance, a PRO200-4 would have the modified trap web.)

Here is what I've come up with so far after some perusing:

1. Single bar, single post
2. I-web
3. Basket
4. Modified trap
5. Double bar, single post
6. H-web
7. V-web, which is like an I-web.
8. 1-piece closed
9. 2-piece closed
10. Double bar post w/ base. This is a 1b only web.
11. Basket connector
12. Dual hinge
13. Modified single post, which has a wider post than the regular single post.
14. Vertical Hinge Basket
15. Looped mod trap (this is a fairly new web from Rawlings)
16. Y-post
17. Modified Pro H, or double bar H-web. This is also a 1b only web.
18. Ichiro trap?

Note that some of these webs are not available on the glove builder, and that the Ichiro trap is just a guess for now.

Last edited:

Kevbach

Part Time Player
I don't think either would fit into the 10 slot. The double bar H-web would have been with the double bar post and regular H-webs, and seems to be a 1b-only web (we're talking about regular fielding gloves here); the Japanese-style trap on the 442 is way too recent for Rawlings. I still think a 10 web would be for a pitcher, but I could be wrong.

Tomasik14

The Veteran
Ok I just got the updated custom form from Chad and..... this is what I get from it.
1. Single post
2. I-Web
3. Basket web
4. Mod-Trap
5. Single post double bar
6. Pro-H
7. V-web
8. 1-piece solid
9. 2-piece solid
10. idfk, on the form it goes right to basket connector, but dual hinge is most definitely 12.
11. Basket connector
12. Dual hinge
13. Modified single post, wider vertical bar.
14. Vertical hinge basket
15. Mod-Trap with loops
16. Y-Post

then regular 6 finger trapeze.

Kevbach

Part Time Player
Thanks Tomasik14. The "diamond" post is wider in the middle where the bar is than it is at the top and the base, so that's why I called it such. It's the modified single post.

Vertical Hinge Basket... That's just the dual hinge with the woven (basket) middle part, correct?

And, where is the Japanese style trap? Too new as of now?

For trapeze, one may find a T in the model number, i.e. PRO12TB (12", trapeze web, black)

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I wonder if web 10 was the bellows web? Of course, they had all sorts of funky webs in the 1980s so any of them could be the 10.

Pro200-13
6FD53139-0236-42D6-9034-8155647CDA35_zps8zzzdvdf.jpg

Kevbach

Part Time Player
The bellows web had escaped my mind due to it being so old relative to where we are now. I think it would have been replaced by both dual hinge options (12 & 14) when they came out.

We may have to go through historical custom forms to put an end to this debate...

Coowguy

Coach
The 10 Web is the Single Post Double Bar web "with Base" that goes on the 1B mitt patterns PROFM19, PRODCT, PROFM18, PROFM20XL and PROTM.

Kevbach

Part Time Player
Thanks for the update Coowguy. Of course, that leaves at least 2 webs without numerical options: the Double bar H-web as seen on some 1b mitts; and the Ichiro trap seen on the PRO442.

The OP has been updated.

Coowguy

Coach
The Modified Pro H for 1B mitts is web# 17. Since the Rawlings Ichiro knockoff web is not used very often I haven't seen anything in regards to a web number for it but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be web# 18.

The Modified Pro H or as Kevbach called it the Double bar H-web is available on the 13" PROFM19, 12.5" PROFM18, 12.25" PROFM20XL and 12" PROTM (the replacement for the old PROSC21 Sean Casey Pattern).

Last edited:

Coowguy

Coach
custom form I have says that you can get the single post double bar on, the 303,302,and 504

JoeBraga was talking about a single post, single bar web (like a cross with a bar on top). You're referring to the Single Post, double bar web. Joe likes the SPSB bar instead of the SPDB web like on the order form. Once the glove builder was revamped the SPSB web was removed as an option for OF glove patterns.

Tomasik14

The Veteran
As it should be, I personally don't like the looks of the gmp55's that web just looks out of place on a larger glove. 12" or smaller.

Kevbach

Part Time Player
Just thought I'd bump this up because we left out an old 1B web in the original discussions: the Horizontal bar X-laced web, as seen on the PROCMHCB2 (and I believe on some old PRODCT's.). This could really muddy the waters as to what follows the modified pro H web; it's either this or the Ichiro trap.

Thoughts? For me I was surprised this web wasn't in there sooner.