"real" pine tar

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
Where in the F can you get any "real", George Brett like pine tar anymore???? The last 3 years at the BIG chain sporting goods stores they only have that chapstick useless thing! That thing has no tact at all and is more like KY Jelly! No stick at all! So I go to PIAS as I had luck there in the past, but they said they don't carry it anymore!!!! WTF! WTF! WTF! :mad::mad::mad::mad: AND THE SPRAY STUFF IS GONE TOO!!!!

so a long rant short, where do you sbf people get your pine tar? For you old troll think you funny people, yes, I need it cause it gives me more grip on my pp! Where can I buy a friggin rag!

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
lemme know willing to trade

gimli24.jpg

hawkins3

Land of the Midnight Sun
I got mine at pias and bought a few cuz they were cheap. But yeah look online. The store sells it. i just checked

Oso

Banned User
tanners grip stick is pretty good

I just checked and the sbf store does sell it

broy7

Triple Double No Assists
legit pine tar is where its at, but TIGER STICK is just as good and a lil more convenient to carry . gets real good and stick too

hawkins3

Land of the Midnight Sun
legit pine tar is where its at, but TIGER STICK is just as good and a lil more convenient to carry . gets real good and stick too

I just put my rag in a freezer bag when I'm done. I've had the pine tar mess in my bag and its not pretty. Also keeps it moist for the next time you use it.

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
Thank you very much for the great responses so far! I did forget to mention one thing..... I am totally out and trying to drive to a tourney very shortly so I did not have time to buy online and wait for the shipping or pay for fast shipping. I always seem to be this slow like this, so that is why I was wondering if anyone knew that had it in stock ASAP that I could just walk in and pick it up? Believe it or not, last spring I found some at a Walmart! Good deal too! Either way, I take it just get "smart" about things and buy bulk online to last enough for a year? :D Thank you again for the responses

hatemail

Starting Player
i dont use it but i know for a fact you can buy pine resin either on a rag or in a can with a brush applicator at most lumber yards. not home depot or lowes but at a real lumber yard.

The 3m spray is good, really sticky. Had a teammate throw some in my bat bag and it sprayed all over my glove, and if you know how sticky it is you know that was a mess.

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
The 3m spray is good, really sticky. Had a teammate throw some in my bat bag and it sprayed all over my glove, and if you know how sticky it is you know that was a mess.

LOL, I did that too! Playing outfield is a must for the glove! I used to have one or two bounce out a tournament, but not with that all over my glove! :D

I saw guys spray it on their bats, but some actually got CAUGHT :eek: spraying it on.... it was right after the ump checked the bats and rubbed their hands over the barrels. As soon as they were back in the dugout they sprayed them from head to toe, but the other team called them out.... so that's why I never put it on my bat. I take it as long as I spray it on the tape only (and they don't see me spraying it on my glove) that is OK????

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
You can buy pine tar at Dix. I got some there last year.

I agree though. I hate the glue stick-like stuff and I hate spray adhesive.

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
I usta, use pine tar all the time, but just got too ehhhh, sometimes it was great and other times i swear it just made the batting gloves/ grip slippery'r lol... So I switched to some 3m Spray and wow, this stuff is unreal...... I'll probably never use anything else again, unless they make something stickier....

It's even good if its raining out too.....

saleen#91

Starting Player
Try the Easton pine tar. You can get it off line it's like $3 bucks a bottle and it's real pine tar.