REAP7 and REAP8

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any reviews on the REAP7 or REAP8?

Saw them on a website and was curious if anyone has swung them?

Looking into the REAP8 for a singlewall tournament

techjunkee

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a REAP8 en route via UPS...I don't log on often but next time I do I will be happy to let you know my review.

Hope that helps.

dictator9

Addicted to Softballfans
I use the REAP4 for a sunday league and hit pretty well with it. I don't hit for much power, but I can drive the ball through the infield pretty well. It has a nice light feel to it and it feels as if you can get a good whip through the ball.

I borrowed the REAP6 from a friend to try during BP and it felt too heavy, even for a 27oz. It didn't have much pop, even though they are supposed to come hot because of their "beyond composite technology." I don't buy into it.

For a singlewall tournament, I'd go find a white steel.

techjunkee

Addicted to Softballfans
REAP8 - 26oz. 7/10 - Hitting 44 .375 Gold Dots

Singlewall metal only league some umpires know what it is, some have to look it up. One umpire tossed it because LD didn't have the revised ASA list on-hand. So be cautious of that.

-Reminiscent of the Anderson KSP swing feel.
-Solid hitting metal for the price point. (Shipped FREE on eBay $100)
-Sweet spot is average, sounds good and no vibration.
-Lacks the distance.
-Everyone comments on the paint job.

Some guys on the team loved it, opposite field line drive hitters. 80+ swings and it still has an end-cap, so good job Rip-It lol

Also, take into account this interesting fact when I contacted Rip-It about a separate issue:

Unfortunately we are no longer making the single wall alloy bats. Our new 2013 line of bats will only have two options for slowpitch, the PROTOTYPE 98 ASA BAT and the PROTOTYPE 1.20 USSSA bat.

Feel free to email me back with any questions or concerns you might have.

Have a great day!

Vickie Reid
RIP-IT Sporting Goods | BE MORE

Office: (407) 649-4104 ext 1004
Fax: (866) 390-5896

Friend @ facebook.com/RIPITSports
Follow @ twitter.com/RIPITSports
Watch @ youtube.com/RIPITSports

Want to learn what's new at RIP-IT before anyone else?
Become an Insider

single wally

Professional Amateur
The only thing noteworthy about Rip-It single wall metals is the paint job. Agree with the review above based on my experience with the Reap5.