Recommend a 25oz bat.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
he posted a live video of some dude swinging either 23 or 24oz, he calls it "Hype". i said, that dude can hit it with a broom stick, so why not show people you swing it. He declined my request. I am bit surprised I haven't got kicked out yet. LOL

I've fooled around swinging 25 oz. toy bats before. It is surprisingly unsatisfying. Sure, you whip that thing through the zone at lightning speed, but I was losing a lot of distance due to lack of barrel mass.

IMO there is absolutely zero reason to swing a super light bat if you're physically capable of swinging something heavier.

Monsta is the poster child for everything wrong with slowpitch softball these days. They create bats for guys who are unwilling or unable to put any work into their swing. They cater heavily to the "instant gratification" crowd.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
They cater to collectors and resellers.

The Monsta reps are useless; they raffle the stock, and they make $600 on each bat doing that (tax free), or they sell the unpopular bats at a 30% markup, which means you have to preorder on the site.

They prey on morons who also buy 15” gloves.

Its ridiculous. I'll never understand the Monsta hype. Funny thing is, all (the few) guys I see around here swinging Monstas are fringe type players who aren't very good. They swear up and down that Monstas are the best bats ever conceived, yet they're average hitters at best.

Going to McQuades in ND every year is like a giant Monsta jerk off fest. People up there act like Monstas are the only bat capable of hitting a .52 300 ball over a 300' fence.

dunkky

That's darko swinging 22 oz bat. He missed it pretty bad, i mean very bad...,but clock shows over 90???? These followers has no answer, blocking their eyes and ears... SMH...

upload_2020-2-28_16-14-57.png

jkwoody22

League ball huer
“Lower tier players who can’t get full performance” lol so they make wiffleball bats so the monsturds feel like a real player? They admit they suck, clowns perpetuating the downfall of a ball thrown slow underhand, everyone gets to participate and get a trophy smh

tonys1

Well, to jkwoody22's point if that's the comment from his sponsored player, then it's not for everyone and I don't quite get dunky's comment. Yes the owner's a ****, but on one end dunky's in every dnam and adversity for sale post, yet he follows the guy on fb to ridicule him and post on sbf about it. I'm just confused is all, is it the weight you have an issue with dunky? I like to laugh too, but I'm just not sure what you have an issue with!

ShortYellowBus

Well, to jkwoody22's point if that's the comment from his sponsored player, then it's not for everyone and I don't quite get dunky's comment. Yes the owner's a ****, but on one end dunky's in every dnam and adversity for sale post, yet he follows the guy on fb to ridicule him and post on sbf about it. I'm just confused is all, is it the weight you have an issue with dunky? I like to laugh too, but I'm just not sure what you have an issue with!
Perhaps you’re too focused on dunkky. This thread is about 25oz bat recommendations. Funky Dunkky simply implies that light bats are farcically awful and perhaps the demographic accepts their incompetence.

Go click the like button on that sponsored player’s post. He’s telling everyone how stupid the owner thinks the customers are. There’s a bat for all lower tiers, which is 100% their entire demographic.

tonys1

Perhaps you’re too focused on dunkky. This thread is about 25oz bat recommendations. Funky Dunkky simply implies that light bats are farcically awful and perhaps the demographic accepts their incompetence.

Go click the like button on that sponsored player’s post. He’s telling everyone how stupid the owner thinks the customers are. There’s a bat for all lower tiers, which is 100% their entire demographic.

Just another dunky ****post.

dunkky

I don't have issue. I am simply pointing out same **** what others are pointing out. And i actually find this carl's sitcom drama quite funny. if you don't find it funny then move on. i am not putting him down, he is putting himself down. but seriously, you don't find below funny that people believe that crap?

1. now they are making 22oz bat.
2. badly mi**** with 22oz generates +90 mph.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I will never give that guy a dime, buy one of those bats second hand or even attempt to hold one, Carl and his monsturds are clowns, it’s the cult thing, they perform just like every manufacture, but the weights and the god like comments , ego, etc are too much for me, you want to make bats for a different “tier” of people, fine, find the niche, don’t treat them like dbags, as for a good 25oz bat, find what specs you like, short or long Barrel, endload etc, and pick one, pretty much all bats are “hot” now

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I will never give that guy a dime, buy one of those bats second hand or even attempt to hold one, Carl and his monsturds are clowns, it’s the cult thing, they perform just like every manufacture, but the weights and the god like comments , ego, etc are too much for me, you want to make bats for a different “tier” of people, fine, find the niche, don’t treat them like dbags, as for a good 25oz bat, find what specs you like, short or long Barrel, endload etc, and pick one, pretty much all bats are “hot” now
^^^^ this. It's not the arrow it's the Indian. I've seen BIG ole roid munchers swing and mash with 25 oz bats and average 150 lb joes smash with 28/30 oz bats it's about what works for you 25 28 or whatever floats your boat

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
“Lower tier players who can’t get full performance” lol so they make wiffleball bats so the monsturds feel like a real player? They admit they suck, clowns perpetuating the downfall of a ball thrown slow underhand, everyone gets to participate and get a trophy smh

I loved the guy implying that swinging a heavier bat may cause him to hurt his ankle again.....o_O

I don't get it. That's basically softball communism. Purposely making toy bats so that piss poor players can achieve the success other guys get by actually putting work in.....

4xtra

Player/Coach
I loved the guy implying that swinging a heavier bat may cause him to hurt his ankle again.....o_O

I don't get it. That's basically softball communism. Purposely making toy bats so that piss poor players can achieve the success other guys get by actually putting work in.....
Communism?
lol

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I'm confused. Why can't a "lower tier player" get full performance out of a bat?

They're probably suggesting that they can't swing heavier bats hard enough to get the walls to flex or something.

They're flat-out saying that they're providing technology to compensate for their supporters' lack of talent, which is pretty insulting. Yet their cultists still line up for a chance to felate Carl.

blakcherry329

They're probably suggesting that they can't swing heavier bats hard enough to get the walls to flex or something.

They're flat-out saying that they're providing technology to compensate for their supporters' lack of talent, which is pretty insulting. Yet their cultists still line up for a chance to felate Carl.
Lol. That's what I thought. I didn't know it took talent to swing hard. Go figure.

tonys1

I remember seeing a chart at some point that compared swing speed to exit speeds and the benefit of composite bats. Basically, the slower your bat speed, the more a composite bat helped your exit speed, with diminishing returns the faster your swing was. Couldn't care less about the M brand or its owner as Miken also released some 24oz bat. Is the logic here that these are for "lower tier players" to increase their slower swing speeds to a point where they maximize the benefit that a composite bat will have for them?

Should a conference player be swinging the same bat as Larry, the 47 year old accountant who plays once a week just to hang out with the boys and drink a cold one after the game? And who's right or wrong? Larry who's swinging the same bat as the conference player, or the conference player swinging a bat designed for Larry?

blakcherry329

I remember seeing a chart at some point that compared swing speed to exit speeds and the benefit of composite bats. Basically, the slower your bat speed, the more a composite bat helped your exit speed, with diminishing returns the faster your swing was. Couldn't care less about the M brand or its owner as Miken also released some 24oz bat. Is the logic here that these are for "lower-tier players" to increase their slower swing speeds to a point where they maximize the benefit that a composite bat will have for them?

Should a conference player be swinging the same bat as Larry, the 47-year-old accountant who plays once a week just to hang out with the boys and drink a cold one after the game? And who's right or wrong? Larry who's swinging the same bat as the conference player, or the conference player swinging a bat designed for Larry?
I thought that chart was for linear vs non-linear bats(non-linear being better for slower swing speeds)? I could be wrong, however.
Shouldn't the bats be standard? I can swing the same bat that Baseball players swing, but I won't have the same results, nor should I. Larry shouldn't be able to hit the ball as hard/far as a conference player because he isn't as talented. That's what outlaw leagues are for, imo.

tonys1

I thought that chart was for linear vs non-linear bats(non-linear being better for slower swing speeds)? I could be wrong, however.
Shouldn't the bats be standard? I can swing the same bat that Baseball players swing, but I won't have the same results, nor should I. Larry shouldn't be able to hit the ball as hard/far as a conference player because he isn't as talented. That's what outlaw leagues are for, imo.

Totally agree for Larry not hitting with a conference player, however wouldn't Miken want to maximize Larry's potential to get the most out of his ability, however poor that might be?

I'll look for that chart, I could swear it was around showing how a composite bat helps with exit speed based on swing speed.