Recommendations?

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to pick up my first senior bat. Read a lot of stuff on here, but seems mixed and mostly about lighter bats.

29-30oz
13-14" barrel
EL preferred over BAL
Always been a WORTH guy, and recently MIKEN. Never really liked the feel of Easton or Demarini bats.

***Will be hitting Classic M balls not the 44/375

Thanks in advance for any input.

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
I have a used Combat Anaconda 1.20 Original that weights out at 29oz and some change. I can send you pics is you text me your cell number to 206-799-9993

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I would guess half

UTrip EST XL is my bat of choice

Last years ASA DC41 was too EL for my prefer

Saw a Lightning 2.0 EL for a good price. Good senior stick?

Dogue

Evil Genius
I'd recommend the Miken PT Endload, new senior Freak Endload, or if you can find one the old Freak Black UII (Black with Green). The Dudley's are tanks but will perform. The 12" Dudleys are GTG

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to pick up my first senior bat. Read a lot of stuff on here, but seems mixed and mostly about lighter bats.

29-30oz
13-14" barrel
EL preferred over BAL
Always been a WORTH guy, and recently MIKEN. Never really liked the feel of Easton or Demarini bats.

Buy a worth wicked and call it a day. They are durable and performance is excellent.

bird25

34/30 Club #25

29-30oz
13-14" barrel
EL preferred over BAL

Senior Legit. I might know a guy....o_O

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I would guess half

UTrip EST XL is my bat of choice

Last years ASA DC41 was too EL for my prefer

Saw a Lightning 2.0 EL for a good price. Good senior stick?

That and the Reebok seem to be the popular choices around here.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I have an Og 12" dudley and its hands down the hottest senior bat ive ever swung and it only has about 200 swings. Half with 52's

Big Frank

29-30oz
13-14" barrel
EL preferred over BAL

Have 26oz Worth Mach 1 for sale.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm resurrecting this thread bc:
#1: it seems like the thing to do.
#2: I like Joe.
C: I'm curious if he still swings 30oz bats
LOL. Still swinging 30oz. But now with the new 240 requirement, in regular USSSA I'll be swinging 28oz. If I were to play senior again, I'd swing whatever 30oz I have in my bag.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL. Still swinging 30oz. But now with the new 240 requirement, in regular USSSA I'll be swinging 28oz. If I were to play senior again, I'd swing whatever 30oz I have in my bag.
I'm playing 40+ this year and I'm looking at a 26 balanced. Maybe it's age but today's 26s feel like yesterday's 27s. Looking forward to swinging senior bats at harder balls.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm playing 40+ this year and I'm looking at a 26 balanced. Maybe it's age but today's 26s feel like yesterday's 27s. Looking forward to swinging senior bats at harder balls.
Senior balls are basically the same as the ProM. I prefer my 220's over senior bats, but I see the difference for others when I pitch. Over 40 should NOT be using them. They were designed for guys in their 60's, so even O50 is questionable.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Senior balls are basically the same as the ProM. I prefer my 220's over senior bats, but I see the difference for others when I pitch. Over 40 should NOT be using them. They were designed for guys in their 60's, so even O50 is questionable.
I agree. The last thing to go is bat speed. So you have guys with weaker arms, slower hands, feet, and reflexes, with less range trying to defend against guys that can still mash with even harder balls and ridiculously hot bats. The goal should be to slow the game down, not speed it up. At 60years old maybe bring in the better bats and the 11th fielder.

blakcherry329

I just picked up 2 OG Ultra II and a Freak 98, all 27. They should do well with the senior balls, no pun intended. Definitely don't have to worry about breakage.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I just picked up 2 OG Ultra II and a Freak 98, all 27. They should do well with the senior balls, no pun intended. Definitely don't have to worry about breakage.
I just picked up a NIW melee 3. Waiting for Temps to get a little warmer before I take some cuts with it. The 12" barrel dry swings a little weird bit it feels nice.