Recommended batting tee

ibsturbin

Addicted to Softballfans
Can anyone recommend a good batting tee that's easy to travel with and won't easily break at the top. Went through a few big box store ones already.

Thanks

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Tanner is good and probably more durable than the one I use. I really like my Schutt Travel Tee. It folds up and is light. The replacement tops are pretty cheap also. They last if you are not hitting the middle of the rubber all the time. I hit my last one about 2000 times before a buddy of mine broke it in two swings by hitting the middle of the rubber and then the top of the metal rod.

00's

Softball/Baseball Addict
I made my own tanner tee with supplies from Home Depot for around $25 Simple to do. While you are there getting the pipe, flange, etc, check out the scrap wood pile and you can get the material for the base for free like I did. :)

jd10

Came to make a bang
no love for the juggs tee? I find it to be alittle more heavy duty and I like that it all disassembles and clips to the home plate.
I tried the rawlings folding tee and it's garbage...a softball is too big to sit on the long rubber tee without falling over.

vx3

Addicted to Softballfans
Tanner is good and probably more durable than the one I use. I really like my Schutt Travel Tee. It folds up and is light. The replacement tops are pretty cheap also. They last if you are not hitting the middle of the rubber all the time. I hit my last one about 2000 times before a buddy of mine broke it in two swings by hitting the middle of the rubber and then the top of the metal rod.

I have the same Schutt Travel Tee as you Softballdad52 and mine broke at the same spot. Lucky for me I know Tmolina and he fixed mine by adding a new rubber top to it. This is the way those Schutt Travel tees should be sold! Tmolina is a good guy and the tees he sells are nice.

chadfletcher

Addicted to Softballfans
Proveetee.com

Aluminum construction, easily replaceable parts but well worth it in my opinion. I love mine, had it for two years, and only replaced the top portion where the ball sits once ($12). Its used daily for 200-300 cuts and basically every weekend for 500-600 cut with a 16U travel team. There a $120 investment but i've been through the others

robmakingnoyz

I've had the CagePro Travel tee (Amazon) for 2 years now and it's basically indestructible. They have a Classic model that has a heavier base if you prefer. Both are made of steel, have a cone tee-top that recoils back to the start position so it's almost impossible to break, and works really well at allowing you to drive through the ball without the whole tee falling over like most of them do

Last edited:

Clblay

I've had the CagePro Travel tee (Amazon) for 2 years now and it's basically indestructible. They have a Classic model that has a heavier base if you prefer. Both are made of steel, have a cone tee-top that recoils back to the start position so it's almost impossible to break, and works really well at allowing you to drive through the ball without the whole tee falling over like most of them do

Ordered one of these based off ur recommendation. Wife had bought me a tee from ****s and the section that holds ball split after 1 month of use. CagePro arrived today and very pleased. Well engineered & hard to knock over. The recoil tee top and design is ingenious.

Last edited:

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Ordered one of these based off ur recommendation. Wife had bought me a tee from ****s and the section that holds ball split after 1 month of use. CagePro arrived today and very pleased. Well engineered & hard to knock over. The recoil tee top and design is ingenious.

Good deal, curious to hear how it's holding up after 6+ months of use. A year ago if anyone ever asked for a hitting tee recommendation, it would have been without a doubt 100% a Tanner tee, they're just great tee's! Our organization bought 3 of the new Jugs T's, which to me looks just like a Tanner knockoff, but they're really really good tee's!
https://jugssports.com/products/jugs-t.html