Removing name stitching from custom glove

So, I ordered a custom glove that is still new/unused however I no longer want it. I would like to sell it but I know no one is going to want a glove with my name on it. Does anyone have experience or insight removing stitching? I took it to a local tailor shop who told me they can't remove it. Is it an possible?

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
You can remove it but the witness marks left on the glove will pretty much show what was once there.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Removing it looks worse from the ones I've seen. Other options are to cover it with a Sharpie or fabric marker to blend it with the leather. You could cover it with a patch, but you'd be back to square one with a potential buyer not liking it.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Like the above have said, even if you painstakingly picked out all the stitching, the holes from the stitching will still be there spelling out your name. There is no way to truly remove the name, all that can be done is to cover it up.

Removing it looks worse from the ones I've seen. Other options are to cover it with a Sharpie or fabric marker to blend it with the leather.

Good to know. I might try the fabric marker route. Does anyone have experience trying that? Does it completely block it out?

Wally Gator

Starting Player
I don't think this will work. As soon as any colored marker touches the white leather, it will leave a stain. I tried covering Vegas Gold on a camel glove and it did not work well.

tbarb

I was in the same boat and decided to just bite the bullet as I wanted to sell off a custom 208. It still looked very good and not much past broken in at the time. I do not recall for sure what I sold it for - perhaps $180, but I do recall what I thought the differential was and that was that the embroidered name (which was a nickname), probably marked it down another $70. Of course everyone's mileage varies. There is market out there for everything.