Replacement lace

mihklo

For those that do the relacing..... Where do you get it from and what are the better brands to use?

Daddyfatsacs

Cannon for a right arm
I havent personally relaced a glove in prob a decade, but I heard tanners lace is very good. Back in the day I used Mizuno lace directly from them.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Not a big fan of the Tanners, what else is out there that is good? The Tanners colors seem a little off and seems to knapp up alot.....

BryonR41

Interested in hearing these answers, also does anyone recommend a particular re-lace kit...looking to get into re-lacing some of my old gloves and some of my teammates possibly, Thanks!

Podo

"JewDoe"
Interested in hearing these answers, also does anyone recommend a particular re-lace kit...looking to get into re-lacing some of my old gloves and some of my teammates possibly, Thanks!

Here yah go. I've been able to do every glove with these tools. Maybe the pro's (Webmouth and dirty30) will share there secrets.

e93ea7e0.jpg

Krocket_6

Star Player
check out buybaseballglovelace.com been using them for about a year now lots of differnt colors to pick from even have some neon colors if you want to get alittle crazy.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
usasportsdirect is part of Glovesmith and they sell the same lace used on the USA customs. The tan is much stiffer than the black, but it is all nice.

Podo

"JewDoe"
usasportsdirect is part of Glovesmith and they sell the same lace used on the USA customs. The tan is much stiffer than the black, but it is all nice.

The only lace I've ever used is tanners. Does this stuff compair in quality?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I actually think the black and tan lace Glovesmith uses is from Tanners (I asked Bart one time and I think that is what he told me), but the other colors they get from overseas. I have worked with or had gloves from them made with tan, black, gray, red and tobacco. All of it measures true to size (the 3/16" was 3/16" and the 1/4" was 1/4") and have been pretty even. The gray, red, black are all similar in thickness and stiffness (not too stiff). The tan and tobacco are stiffer and the tobacco color is a bit thinner.

I was recently relacing a Rawlings HOH with a modified trap. The original finger lace measured 7/32" and the palm lace was 5/32". While 1/32" wouldn't seem to matter much, the wider Glovesmith lace made lacing the modified trap a challenge. Here is what it looked like.
1175c_trap.jpg

1175c_fingers.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Any way to buy pinky/thumb loops, I'm having a hard time finding these...

I am sure if you send your old one to usasportsdirect (Glovesmith) they will make you one, but dirty30 may be able to do the same.

just moonshots!

2 out nightmare
I use the mizuno packs. Come with 6 5ft laces, which is plenty for most gloves. Laces are stiff and sturdy.. Lots of colors.