Redan Park Baseball Field
Outside Atlanta GA

Balls used -
Mostly Classic M
a few 52/300
and some 44/375

We stepped back 5 feet from the plate

Overall feel

If you want a real deal End Load, this is it.
Bat did feel very nice and comparing this to the 13/14/15CL22's there was a big difference in end load

N.O.W. performance
Not bad but iniitally there was quite a bit of vibration on hits outside the sweet spot.
Some were actually jarring as hell
Not awful but DEFINITELY noticeable...

Within the 1st 25 swings we did hit several that hit the fence or right in front of it.
A tad bit of flex on missed hits. At first, I did not like this but after a number of swings, I got used to it..

150 swing mark
The bat got MUCH better and started to changes gears.
We aimed toward Right Center and Right field and we ended up retrieving
quite a few of Classic M's, and 44/375's that went over the fence.

Sound
there was no big sound change as the swing count was ramping up....

Durability

At 150 swings there were absolutely no signs of stress at all.
I am confident that this bat can get at least 2000+ swings
This bat felt very similar to the CL22 but the DB44 has a much heavier end load

Overall perspective
Very nice and has a REAL end load
The break in was actually much faster than the Omega (No kidding)

It was extremely windy (winds going inbound from left field to Home plate ) and the ball still was hitting the fence or going over the fence.

We were hitting all shots toward RC and right field and the exit speed was getting better as the bat was breaking in. As windy as it was, the ball was tailing like crazy and still managed to get distance.

If you like a real end load,
occasional flex on missed hits and some power that hits Classic M's VERY well,
I would give it a go and I am pretty sure you will not be disappointed.

There is a tournament in Feb 2019 and I will rotate the DB44 with the other gamers I got to
see what we can do with it.
I am very confident the DB44 will perform well with the Classic M.

Last edited:

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
You have a scale weight? I know Demarini was notorious for being underweight. I really want to try one of these in a 27

4xtra

Player/Coach
In the past
Demarini use to always be under weight by at least .5 to 1 oz....
My 15CL22 was .5 under sticker

I do not have a scale here
but I am pretty confident that the bat I tested today is AT LEAST 28oz and no less because the end load is for real..

Good review. I picked one and can't wait to take it to BP planning on gaming this bat for the season along with my DC 41. Yes, the EL is really pronounce compare to previous Demarinis.

Solid choice.

Party mafia

In the past
Demarini use to always be under weight by at least .5 to 1 oz....
My 15CL22 was .5 under sticker

I do not have a scale here
but I am pretty confident that the bat I tested today is AT LEAST 28oz and no less because the end load is for real..
How does it do against the 52 cor balls? Since those are the only balls I will be hitting. Thx

4xtra

Player/Coach
52's?
pretty good......
When we were testing the bat,
we were hitting mostly Classic M's because that seems to be the ball that Utrip uses in all of Utrip here.
I would feel confident gaming this with 52/300 and 52/275's.

Batalot

Under or over, it sucks that the tolerances are so bad. I get a 26. I want it to be a 26, not 25.5 or 26.5..26.

DeMarini's make it even tougher cause their handles are 1 oz heavier, so the 26 barrel is actually more like a 25oz barrel.. which is why I guess they are very easy to swing.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Under or over, it sucks that the tolerances are so bad. I get a 26. I want it to be a 26, not 25.5 or 26.5..26.

DeMarini's make it even tougher cause their handles are 1 oz heavier, so the 26 barrel is actually more like a 25oz barrel.. which is why I guess they are very easy to swing.
1 oz. heavier than what?

Batalot

1 oz. heavier than what?

Then other manufacturers handles.

Miken, worth, LS all scale out, when you weigh the knob, about 9.7 oz.. Demarini's scale out to about 10.8.
Well that's what I weigh them out with the bats I've had, I scale the tips of the barrels and knobs.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
But your not actually weighing the knob correct, you are laying it on there sideways connected to the bat? Wouldn’t that cause some leverage from the length of the barrel and handle, that would be too subjective, now if you are weighing just knobs say from broken bats maybe, but demarinis are smaller than worth miken so in theory they should weigh less

Batalot

But your not actually weighing the knob correct, you are laying it on there sideways connected to the bat? Wouldn’t that cause some leverage from the length of the barrel and handle, that would be too subjective, now if you are weighing just knobs say from broken bats maybe, but demarinis are smaller than worth miken so in theory they should weigh less

(EDIT)I"m weighing the knob, but really the it's the handle I'm talking about.. the handles on the Demarini's seem to weigh a lot more than that of other companies.

True..however..I weigh them at the same spot..so it's all relative..same as scaling the tips of the bat. The handles uf mikens are thinner than demarinis too.

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Are the demarini handles metal or composite? The mikens/worth, boombah, Easton’s, z’s I have tried have all been composite, except one miken pt12 alloy handle and it I did feel mid loaded, maybe the added weight doesn’t equate with the weight of the d’s alloy handle thickness etc

Batalot

I have 2 DeMarini's right now
the Malice, which has a metal handle comes out to 10.8
and the Standard Issue which has a Comp. Handle has a weight of 10.9

Both are mid weighted I believe, however the End loaded 2019 Nautalai I had scaled at about the same weight as well as did the Composite handle of the 18 Nautalai.

Right now the only OTher bats I have are end loaded and both their weights are 9.5 and 9.6 and the Adidas Melee 12 comes in at 9.4

Oh, I had a 18 Baker I scaled as well and it was in the 9 oz range, I believe it was midloaded and a slight EL to it as well.

I"m just thinking, maybe it has to do with the Demarini's being midloaded, but, it doesn't explain the 19 Red Nautalai though.. IDK

I can barely swing a 26 EL Miken, there is no way that I should be able to swing anything 27.5 anything, but these bats are really easy to swing. Strange though, the 27 oz 19 Nautalai felt extremely heavy for me.
Wish I had a Mid loaded Miken to check.

Last edited:

chile

Bad Ape
Don't know if you have tried the 27.5, but it really is a different animal.. you can actually feel the Endload.. IDK, maybe I just had a crap 26.5.

no, I don't think so...I've noticed the 26/26.5oz bats just don't have much in the EL even when advertised as such...maybe it's me.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans

Can we put the handle discussion to rest now? DB requested the lightest handle possible to get the most mass on the barrel and it is in-line with what OP posted

chile

Bad Ape
my $0.02...put about 20-25 cuts on my 27oz today. handle "flex" definitely there...didn't really bother me but it's noticeable. hit the 52s okay...the bp52+s came off okay but i was getting better distance out of the nxspinr52s (which begs the question...what's in these nxspinrs?)...classic m's, 44/375s and rockets jumped off this thing. does the 18 asa version hit this good?

Last edited:

4xtra

Player/Coach
my $0.02...put about 20-25 cuts on my 27oz today. handle "flex" definitely there...didn't really bother me but it's noticeable. hit the 52s okay...the bp52+s came off okay but i was getting better distance out of the nxspinr52s (which begs the question...what's in these nxspinrs?)...classic m's, 44/375s and rockets jumped off this thing. does this asa version hit this good?
Everytime we hit 52 BP rockets with the JuggyU,
the ball took off like a missile.

The 19Juggy ASA also hits 52's VERY well.

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Sounds like it, maybe a softer barrel because it is double wall stacked (no air gap) designed for 52’s or a newer cluggy @Bagz has stated he likes it maybe he can chime in
@4xtra do a review of the new asa juggy lol

Last edited: