fieldf-png.45807

2018 Demarini Omega End ASA/USSSA - 27.5 oz
CM6 12 inch barrel
1 oz end load

Balls used -
Classic M 52/300 44/375

Overall feel
Bat felt very nice.
No extreme "Easton" type of sledge hammer end load and I honestly think I could EASILY go to a 28.5 oz with no problem.

NIW performance
Not bad at all.
Did hit several over the fence within 10-15 swings
If you miss the sweet spot, you could definitely tell but the ball did take off nice off the barrel.
Very stiff handle with NO FLEX what so ever

200 swing mark
The bat now changes gears, there was no big difference in the sound
but you could tell that the exit speed did increase with the 44/375, 52/300 and classic M.
Still, Just a tad stiff but the performance was there.

Durability
At 250 swings there were absolutely no signs of stress at all.
I am confident that this bat can get at least 3500-4000+ swings easily hitting 52's
This bat felt very similar to the Demarini FUTURE ASA/USSSA

Overall perspective
I like this alot and would I game this?
YES
with 52's or Classic M's and with confidence

(It seems like all the leagues are going almost exclusively with 52's and/or classic M)
My goal was to find a dual stamp bat to accommodate both the 52 and classic M in ASA and USSSA.

It was extremely windy (cross winds going from right field to left) and the ball still was hitting the fence or going over the fence.
I was hitting all shots toward right field and the exit speed was still nice.
I tried to hit against the wind to get a real assessment and the results were still good.

**UPDATE***

I got it up to 300 swings and gamed it March 23th 2018
Co-Ed - ASA - 52/300 - 300 ft fence
HR (between Right Center/RF)
Walk
Triple (Very Low outside pitch, Hard Shot up the middle between pitcher and 2nd base)
About 4 teammates swung it as well and they all loved it..

March 29th 2018
ASA - 52/300 - 300 ft fence
Single
Double (Hard shot between the pitcher and 2nd)
HR - Very high LF wall shot
Walk
Several guys swung it and liked it as well.

Attachments

• omeoga 2.jpg
    omeoga 2.jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 1,401
  • omeoga 1.jpg
    omeoga 1.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 1,391
  • fieldf.PNG
    fieldf.PNG
    956.9 KB · Views: 1,390
Last edited:

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Ok fellas, hit the omega 2 carbon edition this morning. I got the 27.5 as these dont come in a 28. 50° at the time of bp. Hitting a bucket of 44/375's dudley ta's, x-rocks, evil game balls and some dudley sy 400's. The hype is real boys ! This bat hits like a well broken in juggy right out of the wrapper. No tink sound of breaking in, just a very nice crack from swing 1 Was on a open field so hard to judge distance, but lots of screaming line drives. Once i was able get loose to get some lift on the ball i absolutely crushed a few in the 330-350 range ( assist to google earth ). Only other bat i hit today was a og 12" 28 el dudley that had zero swings before today and i put 20-30 hits on that. My best shot with both bats were very comparable distance wise. Only other asa bat i have swung personally that was this hot out of the wrapper was a 27 oz. J5 and i believe the omega 2 is hotter. This bat really is the goods. If you are a flex guy, you're gonna love this stick. I got about 100-125 swings on it today and no webbing or paint cracks. Bat still looks pristine. I will hit some 52's next time and report back. The omega 2 gets MPT23's flex seal of approval and i definitely love this bat. Thanx for letting me share.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Although you've given it a good dose of hard stuff already (which we all know most if not all bats of today will perform/react very well outa wrap with), I am looking forward to your update with 52's lol..

Thanks for your review!!

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok fellas, hit the omega 2 carbon edition this morning. I got the 27.5 as these dont come in a 28. 50° at the time of bp. Hitting a bucket of 44/375's dudley ta's, x-rocks, evil game balls and some dudley sy 400's. The hype is real boys ! This bat hits like a well broken in juggy right out of the wrapper. No tink sound of breaking in, just a very nice crack from swing 1 Was on a open field so hard to judge distance, but lots of screaming line drives. Once i was able get loose to get some lift on the ball i absolutely crushed a few in the 330-350 range ( assist to google earth ). Only other bat i hit today was a og 12" 28 el dudley that had zero swings before today and i put 20-30 hits on that. My best shot with both bats were very comparable distance wise. Only other asa bat i have swung personally that was this hot out of the wrapper was a 27 oz. J5 and i believe the omega 2 is hotter. This bat really is the goods. If you are a flex guy, you're gonna love this stick. I got about 100-125 swings on it today and no webbing or paint cracks. Bat still looks pristine. I will hit some 52's next time and report back. The omega 2 gets MPT23's flex seal of approval and i definitely love this bat. Thanx for letting me share.
New gamer or staying with the Duece?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the difference between the carbon edition and Phenix whiting is just the handle?

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Although you've given it a good dose of hard stuff already (which we all know most if not all bats of today will perform/react very well outa wrap with), I am looking forward to your update with 52's lol..

Thanks for your review!!

For sure. Hit the 44's first to loosen it up a bit.

Ump63

I swung my Balanced. Omega II. Only hit 52/300 because of temperature. I wasn’t expecting much with the mush ball but I was impressed with exit speed and sound. Can’t really gage distance it was in a open field behind the house. But it seemed to hit the 52s just fine out of the wrapper

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds impressive with the composite handle but not $330.00 worth of impressive. Will stay with the Anarchy and Duece.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Sounds impressive with the composite handle but not $330.00 worth of impressive. Will stay with the Anarchy and Duece.

$300 for ANY bat is absolutely insane. (That is alot of groceries)
I got mine via exchange Demarini Insane U with no issues.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Insane u's and malice are exclusives, should be absolutely no issues returning exclusive for exclusive (omega)