Review - 2018 Demarini Omega ASA/USSSA

jkwoody22

League ball huer
3 models of omega 2
Phenix balanced and endload alloy handle
Carbon has the juggy handle
chup has alloy handle, not the znx and was basically a demarini one repaint dual stamp, needed a lot of hits with hard balls to open up

ShortYellowBus

Did I miss something? Omega 2 Phenix has an alloy handle like the Chup, although the Chup is a 13” barrel.
The Omega has CM6 2 composite and the Chupacabra has 4.ONE composite.

The Chupacabra isn’t good for hitting 52’s. The Omegas are made to hit 52’s well and can withstand abuse from Classic M’s and 44’s.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
The Omega has CM6 2 composite and the Chupacabra has 4.ONE composite.

The Chupacabra isn’t good for hitting 52’s. The Omegas are made to hit 52’s well and can withstand abuse from Classic M’s and 44’s.
Pardon my ignorance, but does this translate to the Omegas (specifically the Omega 2 End Load; just because that’s what I bought) being particularly effective against the 44/375 ball?

dunkky

for whatever reason, if you don't like phenix, i have og omega balance/midload 28oz for a trade if anyone's interested. i would like to try phenix.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I asked Gary Mor directly about the el on the omega 2 and was told .5 oz. When i had my omega 2 carbon, i did not think el was too much and accurate to what i was told.

Selcouth

I see that they have the 2018 Omega 2 Phenix (balanced) for $150. I'm a first time player looking at a USSSA league in the Fall and possibly playing in ASA in the future. It looks like a good budget pick up for me but I'm worried I might be better off with a single bat for each association.

Last edited:

dunkky

I asked Gary Mor directly about the el on the omega 2 and was told .5 oz. When i had my omega 2 carbon, i did not think el was too much and accurate to what i was told.

in my experience, i definitely felt the same endload as xxl or dc41 for my 27.5. maybe slightly less, but hard to noticed.

r8dr_rider

I see that they have the 2018 Omega 2 Phenix (balanced) for $150. I'm a first time player looking at a USSSA league in the Fall and possibly playing in ASA in the future. It looks like a good budget pick up for me but I'm worried I might be better off with a single bat for each association.

Get it. And get an ASA and U Trip. You can never go wrong with too many bats. I play in an open bat league and ASA league and have a mixture of stamped bats

r8dr_rider

Just got my Phenix 26.5. Ordered Monday night, wife divorced me for buying, and already got it Friday. Not too bad. Dry swing feels heavier then my 27 Chup. Can’t wait for BP and league double header next week. Bat looks sexy as hell. Even if I strike out, at least I’ll look good doing it.

r8dr_rider

Got my 26.5 Phenix in Friday did some live BP today. Solid bat. Sounds great had some great lazers. Nothing over the fence, although I’m not a HR hitter. Bats feels solid. More to report after my league double header this Thursday

r8dr_rider

Gamed the Phenix. Pretty solid had two hits one near the handle and still had pop. Definitely like this bat. Feels like my 14 Juggy ASA

dunkky

i'll be getting a phenix pretty soon. hope to bp it this weekend and compare with my carbon and possibly upload another video.

Choop145

I'm about to purchase the carbon. But I'm a little confused, do the carbon and phenix have the same weighted endload?
Also, I bought the red 2019 nautalai and love the way it swings with the endload. Would anyone know if the omega will have the same feel?
We use .44 375s. BUt I'm more so buying this bat because I dont have a quality asa in my bag.

ShortYellowBus

Omega Phenix has an alloy handle but the barrel and endload are the same. But for whatever reason, the Carbon feels more endloaded to most people.

Durability is a big concern for you situation.

Fortunately, you’re on the right track looking at the Omega lineup; they can handle the harder balls.

The 44/375’s will destroy that Nautalai super quick. As far as swing feel compared to the Nautalai, the Omegas will be much heavier especially in the 25oz and 26oz weights.

Choop145

The 44/375’s will destroy that Nautalai super quick. As far as swing feel compared to the Nautalai, the Omegas will be much heavier especially in the 25oz and 26oz weights.
Thanks for the response.
I will say my OG nautalai is holding up very well with the 44/375. I have yet to break in my red, but I'm assuming it will hold up as well? 1.20 are the only requirements for my league. Anyways, my red is a 26 oz. And I love the feel. Should I stick with 26 oz. For the omega carbon, or go down to a 25?