Review - 2018 Demarini Omega ASA/USSSA

dunkky

Finally swung a O2 phenix 27.5oz. These are my observation compare to O2 carbon.

phenix swung very light. didn't feel like 27.5 at all. felt like 26 to me. endload is no comparison, if you think phenix has a good endload, then don't bother with carbon. it's day and night.

Performance, they are in the same ball park but Carbon is maybe a few feet ahead if well hit. They both hits really well. when lifted good, i was avg about 270-80ish. keep in mind, i am hitting my old beat up 52s mostly in a very hot day.

I really like phenix. it swung very smooth and i think i do prefer alloy handle, no question.

What would be great is, if phenix has carbon endload. that would be my choice.

Looking forward to use both of them in the future!

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
So, turns out I effed up big time and swung the bat ONCE, popped out after making bad contact, and had a teammate tell me we were playing in a metal-only league.

Looks like I’ll be looking to trade my 26.5 oz Omega II End Load for a freaking metal bat now. Grrr.

r8dr_rider

So, turns out I effed up big time and swung the bat ONCE, popped out after making bad contact, and had a teammate tell me we were playing in a metal-only league.

Looks like I’ll be looking to trade my 26.5 oz Omega II End Load for a freaking metal bat now. Grrr.
Sorry but lmfao!!!! Why a metal only league? Is it the 80s??? Go find a league that is in 2019

Anyways you actually swung the bat and the blue didn’t notice?

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Sorry but lmfao!!!! Why a metal only league? Is it the 80s??? Go find a league that is in 2019

Anyways you actually swung the bat and the blue didn’t notice?
I think it’s funny too. I’m just pissed that I spent the cash when I really don’t have much spare change to go around.

I know I’ll be able to get my money back on here, it’s just annoying.

Blue is clueless. As I said, I didn’t realize this was a metal only league. It’s a local work rec league. I just assumed the locals weren’t serious about softball.

I’ve seen a few composites swung before by opponents and never called it out because I didn’t know. LOL

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
I've had my 27oz balanced Omega 2 for a while now and it still can't be beat by anything else, and I just keep coming back to it. I've used it in both usssa and asa, and it works with all balls. I prefer my Anarchy Diablo for asa though now. It's got a ton of hits on it now and no signs of breaking. I still feel like the OG Omega was better after a ton of swings, but the Omega 2 is getting there. For $150, I am tempted to grab a back up.

dunkky

I swung o2 phoenix last night. hit nice low line drives with it. I need to swing it more and put some backspin to see what kind of distance it provides. But i don't think it will match Carbon that has 1oz endload.

r8dr_rider

I swung o2 phoenix last night. hit nice low line drives with it. I need to swing it more and put some backspin to see what kind of distance it provides. But i don't think it will match Carbon that has 1oz endload.

I’ve gamed my Phenix EL. It’s pretty solid. I got about 100 BP hits in before game. Sound is nice with good lazers. Can’t wait to see what it does with more hits.

dunkky

i had two pick up games tonight, playing utrip. they were using zn classic M. i took my o2 phenix. Jesus, for the first time in my life, I had to worry about hitting the ball out. Even mi**** carried and hit the fence. Normally, that's 270-80ish shot with 52. it was ridiculous. kinda glad i didn't take o2 carbon with me. this O2 just absolutely annihilate the hard balls. I am not sure if i want a bat any hotter than that hitting hard balls. i am totally satisfied with these sticks.

r8dr_rider

i had two pick up games tonight, playing utrip. they were using zn classic M. i took my o2 phenix. Jesus, for the first time in my life, I had to worry about hitting the ball out. Even mi**** carried and hit the fence. Normally, that's 270-80ish shot with 52. it was ridiculous. kinda glad i didn't take o2 carbon with me. this O2 just absolutely annihilate the hard balls. I am not sure if i want a bat any hotter than that hitting hard balls. i am totally satisfied with these sticks.

My Phoenix smacked a few gapers for me last night. Although We lost league championship 24-20, really good back and fought game

CanadianClint

Just sold my 27.5 I swing 27 w/.5 or 27 w/1oz and the Omega 27.5 was closer to my 28oz of recoil weighting. Personally going to a 26.5 in the Omega 2

LightsoutLions

Thinking about picking up a Carbon but they’re out of the 27 oz. If I was used to comfortably swinging a 28oz RD28 will the 26 Carbon be enough or feel too light?

CanadianClint

Thinking about picking up a Carbon but they’re out of the 27 oz. If I was used to comfortably swinging a 28oz RD28 will the 26 Carbon be enough or feel too light?
Well I swing a 27.5 or 27 and it swing more like a 28 with a 1oz endload. Never swing the 26 but take that for what it's worth (sold my 27.5 last week)

4xtra

Player/Coach
I usually swing 28's and 30's and my Carbon is a 26.5oz because the bat is .8 over sticker.
I gotta photo of the scaled weight and will post it later

dunkky

last night, i hit a laser to the fence with Phenix. We are hitting 52s here. Typically if i hit for a distance, it's more of high lazy ball. It was my first time hitting that long with very low trajectory and high exit speed. it had crazy back spin on it. It burned the out fielder. lol. Oh ****, over my head..
Unfortunately, that was my only hit of the night. :(

i was swinging 26.5. i am debating whether i should trade my 27.5 carbon for a 26.5. I am getting used to with these lighter bats. I normally swing 27.

dunkky

that's what some said. But to me, endload is night and day. and this is coming from a guy who loves xxl and dc41. carbon felt similar where phenix didn't. phenix felt true to .5 endload or even less.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I swung my Balanced. Omega II. Only hit 52/300 because of temperature. I wasn’t expecting much with the mush ball but I was impressed with exit speed and sound. Can’t really gage distance it was in a open field behind the house. But it seemed to hit the 52s just fine out of the wrapper
I got that 17OGOmega Balanced and it is the REAL deal...
IT breaks in much faster than the 18..
I may do a review on it...