REVIEW: 2021 Demarini Mercy ASA

4xtra

Player/Coach
2021 Demarini Mercy ASA
26 oz
APC Composite
4.ONE Handle

21Mercy pic1.jpg 21Mercy pic2.jpg 21Mercy pic3.jpg 21Mercy pic4.jpgupload_2020-5-14_4-9-2.png
Balls used -
Classic M 52/300 44/375
These BP softballs are very beat up

Overall feel
Bat felt Midloaded .
The bat is advertised as End Loaded
The bat felt great and it scales at 26.3

NIW performance
For some reason I was expecting the bat to be stiff NIW but the bat was actually
VERY NICE straight out the wrapper and was very surprised

Did hit several in front of the fence at RCF
The ball came off the bat nice and there was ZERO flex on the barrel.
That 4.ONE handle was actually like "Easton IMX" stiff
No Barrel recoil, no vibration what so ever
The bat seemed to get better with every swing.

Durability
We got under 100 swings in but the bat had zero webbing and no cracks or spirals

Overall perspective
Very surprised and the performance was there brand new
Hits 52's extremely well and REALLY hit 44's even better

(Carlos Jose was with me so he can add his input on this)
The only thing I do not like about the Mercy is the fact that a 26oz is the heaviest you can get.
When you swing this, you will wonder why they call this a "Female/Women;s bat"

Seriously the bat performed well and this was hitting beat up BP softballs

If you have the chance to get one at a good price or receive on via Warranty exchange,
you will not be dissapointed at all.
I will swing again Saturday and update this.

I really like this bat alot.

Last edited:

4xtra

Player/Coach
update:
We had <2> 2021 Mercy's out there at BP
Bat 1 was NIW with about 3-4 swings
Bat 2 had about 25 swings

We were hitting a mix of
44/375
52/300
52/275

We had about 15-20 bats scattered near the batters box and I can honestly say that the Mercy hit the 52's better than
everything we had out there.
The 21Mercy that was NIW hit that 52 over the fence with no flex or vibration what so ever.
(We were hitting on that same baseball field. The shortest point on the field is 345 at RCF)
When I made contact, I didnt feel any recoil at all.
Im very impressed with this bat.
The 21Mercy is a real deal 52 masher.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
League night is cancelled this year in my area yet I am still tempted to buy the 2021 Mercy thanks to your review.

4xtra

Player/Coach
League night is cancelled this year in my area yet I am still tempted to buy the 2021 Mercy thanks to your review.
Believe me,
I am flat out impressed.
At first, I was thinking this would be a "44 only bat" but when we hit those 52's
I was like damnn.
We hit a few today and I wish we would of recorded our BP session.
I am going to try to get it tested just to see where it stands.

4xtra

Player/Coach
What other bats were u swinging?
2019 Anarchy Border Battle ASA (Pretty solid bat)
2019 Anarchy Blue Flip ASA
16Demarini Legacy
17OG Demarini Omega Balanced
18RI Demarini Omega Balanced
18Demarini Omega Phenix - w/1600 swings - Hits everything VERY well with no signs of stress
2020 Demarini Juggy ASA -
Excellent performance, great feel. The 2020 gets hotter FASTER than the 2019.
2020 Easton Autism ASA
(Pretty solid but I honestly do not like the way it feels when the ball comes off the bat)
16 Demarini ONE (At 3200+ swings, was very impressed with this bat)
15Demarini Juggy - J5
Easton L5 USSSA - w/5500 to 6000 swings, hits 44's and Classic M's VERY well.
15 Easton Wegman ASA (At 900+ swings, Surprisingly, Hits 52's and 44's extremely well)
15 Easton Kirby ASA (Hits everything really well)
2020 Easton Ghost ASA (Great performance, BUT I do not like the way the ball comes off the bat)
Mizuno No Doubt ASA/USSSA (At 1300+ swings, this bat hits Classic M's / 52's EXTREMELY well)
14Louisville Slugger Z2000 USSSA - RI (Absolute Rocket launcher, excellent with Classic M's)
Louisville Slugger Z3000 ASA - Excellent bat with 52's. Would game this without hesitation
Demarini Deuce ASA/USSSA - Love the way this bat feels and really pushes the ball hard through the infield
(Got the Deuce from ROD GATES AKA RGATES)

There were several more bats there but I cant remember what everybody else was swinging....
All the bats performed very well in its on way...
FYI: gotta 2021 Demarini Juggy ASA coming this week and might do a review on it if I can get some time
demarini-juggy-wtdxnt6-21-lifestyle.jpg

Last edited:

CANEinVAIN

2019 Anarchy Border Battle ASA (Pretty solid bat)
2019 Anarchy Blue Flip ASA
16Demarini Legacy
17OG Demarini Omega Balanced
18RI Demarini Omega Balanced
18Demarini Omega Phenix - w/1600 swings - Hits everything VERY well with no signs of stress
2020 Demarini Juggy ASA -
Excellent performance, great feel. The 2020 gets hotter FASTER than the 2019.
2020 Easton Autism ASA
(Pretty solid but I honestly do not like the way it feels when the ball comes off the bat)
16 Demarini ONE (At 3200+ swings, was very impressed with this bat)
15Demarini Juggy - J5
Easton L5 USSSA - w/5500 to 6000 swings, hits 44's and Classic M's VERY well.
15 Easton Wegman ASA (At 900+ swings, Surprisingly, Hits 52's and 44's extremely well)
15 Easton Kirby ASA (Hits everything really well)
2020 Easton Ghost ASA (Great performance, BUT I do not like the way the ball comes off the bat)
Mizuno No Doubt ASA/USSSA (At 1300+ swings, this bat hits Classic M's / 52's EXTREMELY well)
14Louisville Slugger Z2000 USSSA - RI (Absolute Rocket launcher, excellent with Classic M's)
Louisville Slugger Z3000 ASA - Excellent bat with 52's. Would game this without hesitation
Demarini Deuce ASA/USSSA - Love the way this bat feels and really pushes the ball hard through the infield
(Got the Deuce from ROD GATES AKA RGATES)

There were several more bats there but I cant remember what everybody else was swinging....
All the bats performed very well in its on way...
FYI: gotta 2021 Demarini Juggy ASA coming this week and might do a review on it if I can get some time
demarini-juggy-wtdxnt6-21-lifestyle.jpg

Appreciate the one-sentence quick reviews. Are you one of those anti-Monsta guys because I was going to ask which of those bats you’d compare to a Monsta as far as early break-in and early eyebrow-raising performance.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 2020 mercy, probably put 1500 hits on it off a tee, used hard balls too. Very nice bat, especially for the Mn cold weather when I can’t use my monstas.