LF 330
LCF 330
Center 340
RCF 375
RF 310

Balls used

Mostly 52/300 Some 44/375 and Classic M

Once again,
really like those underrated bats and like to swing bats that NO ONE likes or appreciates

Overall feel

When swinging this bat, the Blackout does not feel like a typical 1 piece at all
It actually feels like a stiff 2 pc and felt VERY good.
During contact, there was no flex at all and because it feels like a true 2 piece,
the bat felt great during contact.
I didnt realize this dry swinging this but when you make contact,
you will see what I mean.
For a 1 piece bat, The Mizuno has an incredible feel during contact

Decent End Load
No Whip what so ever
Felt true to weight
No extreme end load like the 18JuggyU at all.
This is almost a midload

Performance

I honestly do not know the true swing count but I would have to guess around 300-400.
It was VERY windy and the wind was blowing inbound.
All types of balls went over 300 feet with no problem and bat felt very nice.
Hit everything VERY well.
Stiff handle on contact and with absolutely NO flex.

I hit the balls back in with the wind to my back and the ball took off very nice off the bat.
Seriously
this performed way better than I expected

Sound

No sound change what so ever but sounded very good.

Durability
No issues what so ever and from what I have been told for years,
these bats are on that "Old School Easton" level in regards to durability

no webbing or No cracks

I am extremely confident this bat could easily exceed 5000+ swings

Overall perspective
I am extremely impressed with the feel of this bat and the way that the ball came off the bat.

The bat is not whippy at all and felt very good on contact,
In regards to feel during contact, For a 1 pc this has to be the best I have felt in a long while.
Im serious, this bat absolutely did not feel like a 1 pc.
No recoil, No flex
I do not play USSSA except tournaments and I would have NO ISSUE
throwing this bat in the gaming mix with my other bats because of the fact that they use the dreaded
Classic M, the blackout hit these VERY well.

I am glad I got this bat but I wished they had an ASA version of this because the Blackout hit 52's very well.
(Speaking of Mizuno ASA bats, I am hearing HORROR stories about that
Nighthawk dually in regards to durability)

Once again, here is another underrated bat you should consider that performs VERY well and has durability.
I am very sure when the swing count goes up the blackout will get better

Last edited:

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Dual-stamp was nothing like the USSSA model. They're balanced, super-stiff, unforgiving, and rattle your hands on balls hit dead on the sweetspot. The sound was also very tight and pingy.

The utrip model develops a very large sweetspot once broken in. And on hits you really square up, you can feel the ball sink into the barrel and get propelled back. The sound of the utrip model is very distinctive; a very deep, hollow-sounding crack.

I honestly do not know the true swing count but I would have to guess around 300-400...​

...no webbing or No cracks...

Wait until you have over 1k hits and the barrel is covered in webbing. It'll feel like hitting super balls with a tennis racquet.

THESHOE

Starting Player
They were great 1pc bats in their day.

But I find them irrelevant now. Even Mizuno themselves came out with better, not to mention all the other OEMs who gave us firesticks in comparison.

The ball change to 52cor locally more or less made any Blackout I know of obsolete. Everyone put them down for Miken/Worth 2pc, Z2000 OG in those days...

And now? Well you know.

Still fun to hit once in a while, but even old and abused, they don't quite seem to contend with the recent 2pc stuff.

Dual-stamp was nothing like the USSSA model. They're balanced, super-stiff, unforgiving, and rattle your hands on balls hit dead on the sweetspot. The sound was also very tight and pingy.

The utrip model develops a very large sweetspot once broken in. And on hits you really square up, you can feel the ball sink into the barrel and get propelled back. The sound of the utrip model is very distinctive; a very deep, hollow-sounding crack.

Wait until you have over 1k hits and the barrel is covered in webbing. It'll feel like hitting super balls with a tennis racquet.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The ball change to 52cor locally more or less made any Blackout I know of obsolete. Everyone put them down for Miken/Worth 2pc, Z2000 OG in those days...

And now? Well you know.

Still fun to hit once in a while, but even old and abused, they don't quite seem to contend with the recent 2pc stuff.

I find my Blackout to hit .52's just as well as the new bats. I own a 2018 Legit Purcell, a 2017 Legit Fulk, and the yellow Freak30 and my Blackout is right there with them in terms of performance and sweetspot. However, my Blackout has over 3k hits, most of them with harder balls. A lot of people hit a Blackout with 1000 hits and assume it's fully broken in, but they'll continue to hit more gears at 2-3k hits and beyond.

THESHOE

Starting Player
You may have a a very valid point.

I gave up on mine when the OG DC41 2pc exceeding everything rather quickly.

Later on I switched to some other more recent good known bats.

Patience would have been key. And tbh locally here, not easy to find people who have BP balls harder than 52. I am known as a borrowing source to my buddies when they get new bats LOL.

"Hey can I borrow your stash of Gray/Gold and 47s?" And I will often have to ask why they want them and refuse to do it as a friend for some bats. I've been relunctant to go harder than Grays on my Juggys and will very soon as temps warmed up and the Juggys still trail behind my others on the 52 by a good margin. The Fulk woke up pretty quick. We'll see what an afternoon out with 40/44s will bring to it and the Juggys I may even add the 47s too.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
You may have a a very valid point.

I gave up on mine when the OG DC41 2pc exceeding everything rather quickly.

Later on I switched to some other more recent good known bats.

Patience would have been key. And tbh locally here, not easy to find people who have BP balls harder than 52. I am known as a borrowing source to my buddies when they get new bats LOL.

I hear you, I have a garbage can full of Gray/Blue Dots, Thunder Heats, Thunder Advanced, etc. I always swung older Eastons until recently.

I switched to the Legits and Freak30 late last season not because they are better, but because I just don't have the time anymore to break in stubborn bats. I actually have a new black/pink Freedom Sports Blackout that probably won't be fully broken in for a few years.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I am trying to take a patient approach to the 2 Juggys I have.

But it's hard when in a fraction of the cuts, a Fulk is outdoing them.

And knowing out of wrapper the Nautalais will trump those other 3 bats...

Again, the 52cor being gamed is a factor. I keep hoping because I love the feel of certain stubborn bats that they get as good on the 52s. It gets harder to keep hope when you peel a bat out of wrap and it outdoes the one you've been beating in for a month lol.

This is coming from a guy who always had patience and work ethic for the older Eastons etc. Heck for a time even the CL22s.

I hear you, I have a garbage can full of Gray/Blue Dots, Thunder Heats, Thunder Advanced, etc. I always swung older Eastons until recently.

I switched to the Legits and Freak30 late last season not because they are better, but because I just don't have the time anymore to break in stubborn bats. I actually have a new black/pink Freedom Sports Blackout that probably won't be fully broken in for a few years.

Mizuno Blackout USSSA 27.5 oz
View attachment 56528View attachment 56529

BP location - Redan ParkView attachment 56527
LF 330
LCF 330
Center 340
RCF 375
RF 310

Balls used

Once again,
really like those underrated bats and like to swing bats that NO ONE likes or appreciates

Overall feel

When swinging this bat, the Blackout does not feel like a typical 1 piece at all
During contact, there was no flex at all and because it feels like a true 2 piece,

Decent End Load
No Whip what so ever
Felt true to weight
This is almost a midload

Performance

I honestly do not know the true swing count but I would have to guess around 300-400.

I hit the balls back in with the wind to my back and the ball took off very nice off the bat.
Seriously

Sound

Durability

no webbing or No cracks

Overall perspective
I am extremely impressed with the feel of this bat and the way that the ball came off the bat.

In regards to feel during contact, For a 1 pc this has to be the best I have felt in a long while.
No recoil, No flex
throwing this bat in the gaming mix with my other bats because of the fact that they use the dreaded

I am glad I got this bat but I wished they had an ASA version of this because the Blackout hit 52's very well.

Once again, here is another underrated bat you should consider that performs VERY well and has durability.
Solid review 4xtra. I can't wait to bp mine.

lakeyale13

Manager
I am trying to take a patient approach to the 2 Juggys I have.

But it's hard when in a fraction of the cuts, a Fulk is outdoing them.

And knowing out of wrapper the Nautalais will trump those other 3 bats...

Again, the 52cor being gamed is a factor. I keep hoping because I love the feel of certain stubborn bats that they get as good on the 52s. It gets harder to keep hope when you peel a bat out of wrap and it outdoes the one you've been beating in for a month lol.

This is coming from a guy who always had patience and work ethic for the older Eastons etc. Heck for a time even the CL22s.

My DB 44 2018 took about 200 hits max off a tee and the thing is straight fire. Hit 2-3 350-370 with Classic M's. It was right there step for step with a DC-41 with 200 more hits on it...the Juggy even had the two farthest balls of the day. I am SOLD.

lakeyale13

Manager
Mizuno Blackout USSSA 27.5 oz
View attachment 56528View attachment 56529

BP location - Redan ParkView attachment 56527
LF 330
LCF 330
Center 340
RCF 375
RF 310

Balls used

Once again,

Overall feel

Decent End Load
No Whip what so ever
Felt true to weight
This is almost a midload

Performance

Seriously

Sound

Durability

no webbing or No cracks

Overall perspective

No recoil, No flex

4xtra, where did you find / pick up that bat?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Once again, here is another underrated bat you should consider that performs VERY well and has durability.​

Where are you at now with your swing count? Also, did you ever get it compression tested? I'm really curious to see how it compares to newer bats.

4xtra

Player/Coach
about 1200 swings in so far and performing very well.
We had a rainout this week where they test bats and I will
get that Mizuno tested next week night

bird25

34/30 Club #25

Yeah, I picked one up from a teammate with 2500 swings with every type of ball and it kills everything

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I find my Blackout to hit .52's just as well as the new bats. I own a 2018 Legit Purcell, a 2017 Legit Fulk, and the yellow Freak30 and my Blackout is right there with them in terms of performance and sweetspot. However, my Blackout has over 3k hits, most of them with harder balls. A lot of people hit a Blackout with 1000 hits and assume it's fully broken in, but they'll continue to hit more gears at 2-3k hits and beyond.

Yeah our last round of BP is derby time so we used bring out the Patriots and the Blackout or Sonic+:D:D

4xtra

Player/Coach
Yeah, I picked one up from a teammate with 2500 swings with every type of ball and it kills everything
If I played alot of Utrip,
I would add this to my gamer rotation without hesitation.
Hits 52's and 44's very well.
For a 1pc, the bat feels very nice and has a large sweet spot

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I found a Canadian store with a few 28.5oz Blackouts still in stock, NIW for $99. Guess I know what I'll be doing next fall/winter...

4xtra

Player/Coach
UPDATE:
Got this up to 2100 swings and it is getting MUCH hotter and I really like this bat.
Absolutely no signs of breaking down at all..
Hilltz recommended getting this up to 3k swings so I will let some guys BP with it to ramp that count up
and update this.
Performance is excellent despite the stiff feel.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I found a Canadian store with a few 28.5oz Blackouts still in stock, NIW for $99. Guess I know what I'll be doing next fall/winter...

Have a few that have already been started if you want to save a couple bucks:D

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I did see that but from what I understand, the dually does not break in like the Utrip. (as expected)
A 28 would be perfect and Ill keep this one on the radar as well.

You are right about the dual stamp, doesn’t get soft like the utrip only

4xtra

Player/Coach
UPDATE:

Got the Blackout up to 3200 swings and noticed it changed gears at 2000+ swings and we just kept the heat up.

The sound changed completely when it got over 3000+ swings (A loud azz "knock" sound when you make contact)
and it is absolutely on fire......I have a feeling it will STILL pass compression as well.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The sound changed completely when it got over 3000+ swings (A loud azz "knock" sound when you make contact)...

Once you get that deep, hollow sound you know the bat's getting silly. No other bat sounds quite like a broken-in Blackout either.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Once you get that deep, hollow sound you know the bat's getting silly. No other bat sounds quite like a broken-in Blackout either.
I remember you said get it up to 3k+ and I can see now what you meant..
The Blackout is unreal AF now...