Rocky Mountain Championships HR Derby

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm running this event this year. What ball would be best to hit? If you have never been here, it's the best complex I play at all year. The weather is always great and 12 fields and plenty of area for BP.

The fields are 325'

tonys1

You're running a HR derby but don't know what balls to use? Nice.

Did you ask Jesus for some advice?

tonys1

Evils yes, check the long haul bombers stuff and they’re more forgiving than the worth 650’s

Crazy idea though, why not use regular .52’s? Isn’t the running gag that basically anyone can hit 300+ with today’s bats? Your good power hitters will still be able to put it over. Or are we all just saying that to feel good?

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
At this point, I'm going to look for the Worth 650's or a Dudley ZN as the Evil's are out of stock until late July. Tried ordering a 6 dozen from Direct Sports wit no luck.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
That's a great event. The 2 color evil stadiums would be my prefered...but i like Bob lol

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Gold dot extremes . They will not tear up bats like stadiums

Gold Dot Extremes (especially classic Ms) tear up bats MUCH worse than stadiums.

I feel like stadiums are a perfectly adequate ball to use for a HR derby. They're jumpy, but not absolutely ridiculous like some of the balls out there.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Evils yes, check the long haul bombers stuff and they’re more forgiving than the worth 650’s

Crazy idea though, why not use regular .52’s? Isn’t the running gag that basically anyone can hit 300+ with today’s bats? Your good power hitters will still be able to put it over. Or are we all just saying that to feel good?

The fields at ASP are 320', and having seniors hit .52s on a hot day in a HR derby probably wouldn't produce many dingers. Besides, seniors don't hit .52s in games anyway.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
So who won derby and placed in derby..how many did they hit out of how many swings?