Roids vs. Shaved Bat

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
Which is worse and should one have more legal ramifications over the other if you injury or kill a pitcher???

If you know you have a shaved bat and are using it, is that worse than the growing number of people using roids in softball now to help them hit the ball harder?

Wallyball

Addicted to Softballfans
In softball, it would be worse to have a shaved bat because it's in the rules. I don't think (at least ASA) ever mentions anything about steroids.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Which is worse and should one have more legal ramifications over the other if you injury or kill a pitcher???

If you know you have a shaved bat and are using it, is that worse than the growing number of people using roids in softball now to help them hit the ball harder?

Bigc2007 was taking roids before softball and if you never seen him hit is damm scary !!! but I find to hard to believe a grown man will take roids and workout 5-6 days a week just to hit a softball 340 feet. :confused: when they can get there bat done up for less then $80.

jaj23

Eye Baller
There is a guy in my league that likely does both. He is the owner of a very prominent bat modification company... and he is about 50 years old and looks like Arnold.

ss_stud

Addicted to Softballfans
shaved bat is worse......steroids wont magically make you bigger or stronger unless youre actually working out hard....

and like buddy said above me....theres no testing for roids or any rule against it really lol.....shaved bats are weapons

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't see the point of using one without the other.....sounds like a lack of dedication. Definitely use both for best results.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Well considering only one is against the rules that is an easy one.

Shaved bats = illegal and should have legal ramifications.

Roids - no legal ramifications. This is dumb, really because a guy is stronger than you and he can hit a ball harder he should be jailed?

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Bigc2007 was taking roids before softball and if you never seen him hit is damm scary !!! but I find to hard to believe a grown man will take roids and workout 5-6 days a week just to hit a softball 340 feet. :confused: when they can get there bat done up for less then $80.

Well played

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Shaved bat.

With steroids at least there is a personal commitment and risk involved. It increases cancer risk while causing any number of negative side effects in the body. And it doesn't work by just sitting around either....the weights don't lift themselves.

Jobu

There is a guy in my league that likely does both. He is the owner of a very prominent bat modification company... and he is about 50 years old and looks like Arnold.

lol, you play with the guy from worldshottestbats?

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
1) Not sure what kind of co-rec leagues a lot of you are playing in where people do NOT do it for softball :rolleyes:

2) Batter has a stock bat, but is a heavy juicer. Batter always brags about his roid use to other players and is a big time poster on professional muscle and posts about his cycles a lot on there (so there is plenty of evidence on his computer). Batter then nails a pitcher in the dome, while in the middle of a cycle, kills the pitcher........ through his training and roids he was able to increase his batted ball speed by "x" percent.

So is everyone saying if someone wanted to use a stock bat but take roids instead it is OK??? :confused:

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans

Roids - no legal ramifications. This is dumb, really because a guy is stronger than you and he can hit a ball harder he should be jailed?

What about the fact that taking 'roids is AGAINST THE LAW?

I would assume that it being AGAINST THE LAW would sort of make it against the rules? Does this mean that using a firearm to take out an opponent attempting to catch my weak grounder to 2nd is a sanctioned and protected action when playing a rec sport?

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans

Well, roids are illegal, and technically it is altering yourself......

Also, to those that say roids do not do anything if you just sit around. Again, you are the type playing CO-REC that just sits around all day and are in shock people would use roids that play softball. Trust me, take a good 15 week cycle while doing different bat drills and watch how much harder you hit the ball :D

Wallyball

Addicted to Softballfans
1) Not sure what kind of co-rec leagues a lot of you are playing in where people do NOT do it for softball :rolleyes:

2) Batter has a stock bat, but is a heavy juicer. Batter always brags about his roid use to other players and is a big time poster on professional muscle and posts about his cycles a lot on there (so there is plenty of evidence on his computer). Batter then nails a pitcher in the dome, while in the middle of a cycle, kills the pitcher........ through his training and roids he was able to increase his batted ball speed by "x" percent.

So is everyone saying if someone wanted to use a stock bat but take roids instead it is OK??? :confused:

Personally, when I pitch, I would rather go up against a juicer (as you mentioned) with a stock bat than some guy with a juiced bat.

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyway, I'm just trying to find a better legal way to cheat and knock a pitcher in the head without getting in trouble. Most on SBF seem to say it's ok to take roids and do it so it sounds like a plan to me! THANKS BROS!

Jobu

Anyway, I'm just trying to find a better legal way to cheat and knock a pitcher in the head without getting in trouble. Most on SBF seem to say it's ok to take roids and do it so it sounds like a plan to me! THANKS BROS!

lol, just work out and work on your swing, killer.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Shaved bat.

With steroids at least there is a personal commitment and risk involved. It increases cancer risk while causing any number of negative side effects in the body. And it doesn't work by just sitting around either....the weights don't lift themselves.

Someone has watched too many TV specials :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But I agree with your second comment, you can't get bigger without training and proper diet.

Martin 20

Extra Hitter

Dont take your personal vendetta out on the rest of us...:confused:

brettcohen1

Addicted to Softballfans
shaved bat

steroids do not create muscle, they simple increases the body's efficiency at which muscle tissue is repaired. And there is no direct correlation between muscle size and how hard you can hit a softball. I am sure we have all seen huge guys that cant hit for sheeet. Biomechanically hitting has more to do with hip/shoulder separation and torque. This also requires flexibility which can be compromised by a sudden increase in hypertrophy and muscle size.

On the flip side put a shaved bat in anyones hands and they will hit the ball harder with higher exit speeds.

Hence shaved bats are way worse. When a big guy gets up there most 3bs and pitchers automatically take precaution out of instinct, but a small guy with a shaved bat is much more unassuming and therefore dangerous.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
What about the fact that taking 'roids is AGAINST THE LAW?

I would assume that it being AGAINST THE LAW would sort of make it against the rules? Does this mean that using a firearm to take out an opponent attempting to catch my weak grounder to 2nd is a sanctioned and protected action when playing a rec sport?

This is the dumbest thing I've read today...congrats considering I spend time in the lounge. Pretty sure acts of violence are against the rules but but because a guy works out and takes supplements and can hit a ball harder is not even in the same ball park as your comment.

brettcohen1

Addicted to Softballfans
bigger faster stronger

Shaved bat.

PLEASE go watch the documentary "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" and do some research before making statements about things that you clearly know nothing about.

Please prove me wrong and show me any scientific study linking steroids to cancer.

DaMonks

SBF Original..........
A shaved bat is the worst. A guy with no bat control can really do some damage. As for the roids......... it promotes muscle growth. In order for those muscles to grow, you need to be dedicated to your workout as well as your diet. There are also many different type of supplements that promote muscle growth that are legal and can be bought over the counter. What Mark McGwire got busted with (Andro), was legal and sold over the counter at the time. It's just a matter of time before the FDA gets wind of it, and shuts down sales. Don't think that it is not widely used in softball. It's more then you might think.

pimawarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
A Complete waste of time and money for both. Either you can hit a softball or you can't, plain and simple. Once the ball clears the fence it's a homerun no matter how big the field is and I haven't seen any 500' fields lately.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans

The point wasn't that violence should be legal, it was to point out that just because something isn't explicitly forbidden in the rule book doesn't automatically make it ok. Why do you think steroids aren't against the rules? Because they aren't mentioned in the rule book? The fact that they are ILLEGAL for abusive consumption in the US should tell you that they are in fact against the rules. They aren't somehow accepted or okay simply because the rule book doesn't discuss their use. That was the point of the firearm comment which probably wasn't the greatest analogy but the point is still valid. There are a lot of things that aren't discussed in the rule book that are against the rules because they are ILLEGAL.

But, I'm not smart and I've been called worse.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy swings on roids > guy swing glass real talk

I know a guy who uses anabolic steriods and he was my size before he started using them and we hit about the same distance
. Now he hits like he should be on the long haul bomber tour .